IGNORED

Pokemon, when will it end?

poke mon is not that bad of a game,

it seems when little kids like things the apperciation of them seems to go down, true i hate going to the mall and here some runy nosed 7 year olf punk cry about how he wants pokemon but his mom wont buy it but that has not much to do with the actual game

with the franzy over i expecy pokemon to enter a new age a revival esp, with older gamers that finally break downa nd see what the hype was all about.

I like the games but... they are too alike. You have played Red, therefore you have played Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver...

The Stadium game is a different matter, tho. Seems to me that it should appeal to fans of Super Smash Bros., at least if they look beyond the kiddie appeal.

I got Pokemon Pinball today for the GBC and it ain't half-bad. Paid $15 Cdn for it (about $10 US). I didn't know the game came with a built-in rumble pack...

Gold/Silver was alot better then the first ones, due to the simple fact that the strategy wasn't imbalanced towards psychic types. I love the pokemon games, thoug hI was never a fan of the fad itself, the games are innovative. Most of the people who don't like don't like it because it's "hip" to dis it.

Pokemon will end just as soon as it stops being profitable (like everything else in a capitalistic society) Which, for almost everything short of video games, was 2 years ago. The video games are holding on by a thread and will probably be weeded out by some new fad by next summer.

RIP Pokemon

true, a big thread, but still, when you consider at one time, Pokemon had the trading card market, the toy market, and the video game market tied up, plus tons of other merchandising like those Pokemon Marbles, board games, and plush animals. Being reduced to "just a video game" is a pretty big hit.

You mean Digimon still exists?

Pokemon games are still going because they're good video games.

I always felt that in rpg's, the random battles were just tacked on to stop you finishing it too early, and never had anything to do with the plot.

Along comes Pokemon and, suddenly, the random battles are absolutely vital to the plot.

The 'fad' was always going to die down but lets not forget why 'fads' start - the kids wanted this game, you can only do so much with advertising, if a game is no good and the kids hate it, word of mouth will swiftly kill it. Pokemon survives because it's a quality title.

I get that 'will it ever end' feel about Sonic the Hedgehog games, but I'm sure a whole load of people get a kick out of them

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon will only end if Nintendo goes out of business and someone does not buy the rights to it. Kids like the game so much that they get hooked very easily and have to buy all the different color ones just like their friends.

Unless the world stops having children (not likely), you are going to have Pokemon for a long time but perhaps not as strongly as before.

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

I don't think "Pocket Monsters" would have been any better.

yes, stan is right.

and yuno what would make ME really really happy?

if you would stop bashing pokémon movies

sure they stink sometimes, but its still

an anime. and I like anime. (but i dont like

ash, what a punk, he couldn't catch anything)

quote:

Originally posted by Atari Master:

They atleast could have named it Pocket Monsters insted of geeky name Pokemon...

It is called "Pocket Monsters". Well at least that's the name in Japan and the only reason they changed the name in the U.S. was there was already some existing toy or franchise named "Pocket Monsters" so they had to go with "Pokemon". I think that's the story...

Nintendo opted for the nickname "Pokemon" in America instead of the Japanese title "Pocket Monsters" because of the toy series "Monsters in My Pocket." There was even an NES game Monsters In My Pocket out many years ago. To avoid any confusion, Nintendo changed the name.

They've been mighty useful before on flesh and blood, 

and you two look like you've got a lot of both.