IGNORED

list of Homebrew PCBs

EricBall

I occurred to me that it's rather amazing that nearly 30 years after it was introduced that there are new production runs of 2600 cartridge PCBs. I'm curious how many different new PCBs have been made in significant volume. i.e.

Traditional bankswitch:

Pixels Past (4K and 8K/16K/32K)

Flexible bankswitch:

Cuttle Cart

Krokodile Cartridge

Next generation:

Chimera

4A50

Have I missed any?

I also made a Imagic board, a 272K 5200 board, 4K boards, regular bankswitched boards, 48K 7800 board and a 128K bankswitched 7800 board. Most of them are not mass produced (e.g. only a couple hundred or so). I also have designed some other ones, but not done anything with them. ;)

There are also Chris's green bankswitched EPROM boards (the first on the market), VGWIZ.zom 4K, bankswitched boards and 5200 32K boards as well as Activision shaped boards (I think no longer available), Magicard and Videolife PCB's and several Atari 8bit boards from sunmark.com.

Classics has also manufactured several different 5200 PCB's.

Sean Kelly had several different types of bankswitched boards designed for him as well as his multicart PCB's for the 2600, 5200, Colecovision and Vectrex.

Richard Hutchinson - VecRam / VecFlash boards.

Mark Shaker - Vectrex PCB's

I am forgetting a bunch right now... :ponder:

There are also Chris's green bankswitched EPROM boards (the first on the market),

I wonder what the simplest bankswitch cart is (using stock devices, not CPLDs). I would think it could be done with two 7400's, two resistors, and two timing caps, but the bankswitching scheme produced would not match with any other (hotspots would be at $0800 and $0801). If one didn't want to use any chips (other than the EPROM) I think it would require about five transistors and ten resistors.