IGNORED

*PRICE LOWERED* FS: The Guy Game for XBOX $35 Shipped

10/14/06 EDIT: Last bump for this one and then it can die, I lowered the price to only $35 shipped.

I have a complete XBOX game for sale. It is "The Guy Game" and as you probably know was recalled/banned or whatever you want to call it. It's in nice shape including the original disc, instructions and case with artwork. I am going to show pictures of the actual game below.

$35 Shipped by First Class Mail.

I can only take paypal and need to ship to a confirmed address. I haven't been around AA in a while but I'm trustworthy and have good feedback on ebay.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I sold a factory sealed one 2 weeks ago here on the forums for $55 shipped and they normally go on ebay for $40 to $60 used or new. Hope that helps.

Can you sell the game on ebay or do they kick it off? Do you mean that it goes for 40-60 if you can sneak it through? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind trying to sneak a quick buy it now on it if I can't sell it here but am just curious if anyone knows if the game is allowed to be sold on ebay.

BTW, thanks a lot for the info Shawn Sr. :)

I have a complete XBOX game for sale. It is "The Guy Game" and as you probably know was recalled/banned or whatever you want to call it. It's in pretty nice shape including the original disc, instructions and case with artwork.

I'm not sure what the going rate is so, any offers?

I can only take paypal and prefer to ship to a confirmed address. I haven't been around AA in a while but I'm trustworthy and have good feedback on ebay.

Welcome back, SpendTooMuchOnAtari!!

My registrant brother! :)

Why was the game banned/recalled?

17 year old girl (AKA a "minor") is nude in the game.

That would be a very good reason for ebay not allowing the game to be sold on it's site. I have done a little research since I posted the game here on AA and from what I read, she was a few weeks shy of her 18th birthday. Nevertheless, they are underage boobies which isn't cool but then again....17 years old with only a few weeks to go. Oh well, I don't really know how I feel about it but as the law says, it is considered illeagal.

Maybe the game makers and/or photographers for the game should have checked ID's?

:ponder:

Good Deal here.... $45 Shipped Anyone? :)

That story is total BS. I think they just made it up to help sell more copies. The only evidence I've seen so far to support it was a press release from the company that published the game and a few blurbs on sites like Gamespot and IGN.

I still see the Guy Game for sale all over the place here in stores like Blockbuster and Gamestop. If the story about the 17yo girl in the game was really true, the game would have been yanked off store shelves everywhere months ago. Yet, it's still easy to pick up.

Ebay only asks that you sell it in the adult section.

So.....you mean no underage girl showing her "assets"?

Maybe you are right norkusa, the whole 17 year old thing may be bullshit. My apoligies if this is indeed the case. I really did think that the story was true.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Maybe you are right norkusa, the whole 17 year old thing may be bullshit. My apoligies if this is indeed the case. I really did think that the story was true.

I thought the story was true at first but started to question it when I kept seeing copies of the game still for sale at at Gamerush, Gamestop and EB. If the girl in question was *really* under 18, there is no way in hell these games would be on store shelves. Nobody can openly sell material of underage girls exposing themselves like that. Period.

I think the only places that won't carry it heard about the rumor in the game related press and just decided by themselves that they shouldn't carry it (which is understandable considering the penalties they'd incur if they did) And when you think about it, it would be a great idea to make up a story like this to generate interest in the game. Nobody really cared about GG when it was released. Now that the underage girl story came out, it gets a lot of buzz and prices shot up.

BTW, I have this game for Xbox and it's a pretty decent game. I don't know why everyone rags on it so much. Real fun to play with a couple friends and some beer. Only thing I don't like about it is the unlocking process and that you only have 3 mini-games to choose from. Definitely worth a play though.

Copies of the game were pulled as part of a temporary injunction. Retailers pulled the product and were able to resume selling it after the injuction expired (the entry on the ever-reliable Wikipedia says this usually takes about 10 days). I guess the suit went nowhere and that's why you're seeing copies on the shelves.

Your conspiracy theory is retarded, norkusa. You think Take Two is going to conspire to create a fake news story with media outlets to get publicity for their game and name Microsoft and Sony as defendants in a lawsuit? You're just grasping for straws and assuming things.

Also, the game itself is terrible. I bought a couple copies of it from Blockbuster last year to make money off of.

Your conspiracy theory is retarded, norkusa. You think Take Two is going to conspire to create a fake news story with media outlets to get publicity for their game and name Microsoft and Sony as defendants in a lawsuit? You're just grasping for straws and assuming things.

Ya, like game companies never made up fake stories to help sell product (i.e. Nintendo and their "chip shortages" almost every holiday season during the NES/SNES era). :roll:

I didn't know anything about the expired injunction until you mentioned it, but that story does make more sense. All I'm saying though is that it wouldn't be the first time a b.s. story was made up to help sell games.

Well, I really don't know either way if the game truly has a nude or semi-nude 17 year-old girl however, I'd just like to be rid of it. Any reasonable offers are being accepted and if anyone can prove either way, I'd be interested in knowing the real story.

Since my first posting of this topic, I have learned that you can post "The Guy Game" in the Mature Audience section of ebay so that may prove that no underage nudity is present in the game. If there was, I don't believe ebay would allow it to be sold anywhere on the site.

Anyway, I don't know about this game. Boobies of a girl a couple weeks before turning 18 and boobies of a girl who just turned 18 probably look exactly the same so whatever. :P