IGNORED

Wico Bat Controller -- With A Different Slant

Atari Rescue Group

I've seen lots of Wico controllers in my wanderings, but never this one. A bat design tabletop model which is tilted towards the player......

That looks pretty neat... how well does it do as a tabletop unit? Does it actually stay put, or do you still have to hold it in place with your other hand?

You have the Joystick Deluxe, Model num: 15-9708 as seen here in a Wico controller catalog and here is a picture of the regular model.

I don't suppose that catalog has been scanned and posted on a site anywhere? Would love to see the whole thing... Or is it still available from Wico themselves (they're still in business, but can you get a 20+ year old catalog from them?)

Failing that... I've got two Wicos you might be able to identify (but no camera to take pics of them).

One's a standard bat, except the bat has vertical grooves in it, and the base of it has a black ring you can rotate to gate it as a 4-way or 8-way stick.

The other has a standard base, but the stick isn't a bat... It's still red, with the white button on top, but the top of the stick is flared out, looks like a flight stick. Unfortunately the button it sill on top, not a front trigger, so it's not as cool as it could be.

• 3 months later...

Failing that... I've got two Wicos you might be able to identify (but no camera to take pics of them).

One's a standard bat, except the bat has vertical grooves in it, and the base of it has a black ring you can rotate to gate it as a 4-way or 8-way stick.

This is the three-way deluxe joystick 50-2010, the stick on this one pulls off and can be changed out for pistol, grip, or bat.

The other has a standard base, but the stick isn't a bat... It's still red, with the white button on top, but the top of the stick is flared out, looks like a flight stick. Unfortunately the button it sill on top, not a front trigger, so it's not as cool as it could be.

This is the Power Grip 50-2020.

This is the three-way deluxe joystick 50-2010, the stick on this one pulls off and can be changed out for pistol, grip, or bat.

Hm, I should go back to the shop where I got it, see if he's got any of the other sticks.

This is the Power Grip 50-2020.

Unfortunately, this one's got a loose stick, so it can rotate freely. I don't know how to fix this, but it's really annoying...