IGNORED

New Coleco handheld with Sega games on it, other games

Flojomojo

• 4 months later...
Never, not once, did I ever see these things on the market. Looked everywhere at local Targets and none were to be found. Must be a regional thing.
Same here, I would have bought one in a second.

If anyone is nice enough, I'd pay up to $15.00 shipped for one.

Saw at least a dozen of these at my local target yesterday, for

$8.xx. I'd be willing to go back and pick up a few to mail out to

anyone interested, at cost. Let me know before they disappear.

For the guys that have seen these lately..... did your Target always have them and are now clearing them out, or did it seem like they just got them back in recently like the Flashback2 that were on sale over the holidays?

I ask because I've never seen them local, and had given up looking. I might try again just for the heck of it.

Never, not once, did I ever see these things on the market. Looked everywhere at local Targets and none were to be found. Must be a regional thing.

Yeah, like I said, I'd like to have one. If $15.00 shipped sounds good to you, let me know!

Yeah, like I said, I'd like to have one. If $15.00 shipped sounds good to you, let me know!

Hell yeah, I'll take one too man.

Sorry, no more left. Not sure if they wrote them

off and donated them to the local GoodWill, or

cut the price in half again, and quickly sold out.

Sorry, no more left. Not sure if they wrote them

off and donated them to the local GoodWill, or

cut the price in half again, and quickly sold out.

Rats!

Well, my offer stands to anyone who will help me out. I'll pay $15.00 shipped for one of these. I don't even care if it's opened as long as it's in like new (not scratched or sticky) condition!

For the guys that have seen these lately..... did your Target always have them and are now clearing them out, or did it seem like they just got them back in recently like the Flashback2 that were on sale over the holidays?

I ask because I've never seen them local, and had given up looking. I might try again just for the heck of it.

They had them when they first came out, they were like $40-$50. Then they went down in price, then were gone, now are back.

I wonder if a "Target Clearance" swap thread might be a good idea? I mean, I'd happily trade one of these for a "Red Steel" Wii game for the same price, available at some Targets but not mine.

I never saw them in the Austin Target stores, but I got the last one on display for $7.48 at the Atlantic Station Target in Atlanta, Georgia over the Christmas break. I'm keeping it; it's pretty nifty. I'd love to see an Atari Flashback using similar hardware (but with an expansion port!)

The local Target has a bunch of these on clearance for $10 and change. I picked one up out of curiosity. It's actually not a bad little device. My only problem with it is the D-pad. It sucks. It's fine for games where you only have to move left or right but I just tried playing The Ninja and Astrowarrior and I got my butt kicked because the D-pad is flaky and can be unresponsive. I'm thinking about picking up another so I can hack in my own controller port.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone seen (or better yet, played) this new device yet? It's like the logical next step after the Coleco SMS/GG handheld. It seems to be a rebadging of a Brazilian product from TecToy (or maybe that one is a rebranding of this AtGames product). Unfortunately, the game listing is not on that page, but I did find it somewhere at the Ben Heck fora. Sadly, I don't remember where that was. It only has one Sonic game, though (whether that is a good or bad thing I'll leave to you). At YouTube.com, there's a video review of this, in German. I couldn't understand all of it, but he did think it was worth the 50 Euros. His came in a box, whereas I think you'd normally find this product in plastic blister packaging; both are from AtGames, so I'm not sure what's up with the 2 forms of packaging.

This was one of many new plug-and-play products that came out during the holiday quarter. I have updated the pnpgames.txt file with a 01/28/2008 version at my Comprehensive Plug-and-Play Listing thread. Yes, the market still thrives, though certainly not with the strength it had back in 2005.

Maybe in a couple of years, we'll get a handheld Saturn. Or maybe it'll be a real letdown: a handheld 32x.

onmode-ky

I'll get one, too! So pick me up one and I'll PM you now.

I haven't ever seen one of these, either, locally.

/edit Nimtene, I just read the rest of the thread, so now I know they ran out. Sorry for the errant PM.

If anyone can get these cheap like that though, I'll get one from you!

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan

shipping is taking its time with mine... :(

edit, a day later/ it got here today, and it's pretty neat! The sonic games are the most responsive and use the buttons properly (Press Start is really A or B in the other games).

I missed out on playing Sonic games back in the day, this is cool :)

Edited by nathanallan