IGNORED

Homesoft

Shannon

1 hour ago, pedgarcia said:

Hey guys,

I've just setup a TNFS server for #fujinet and I was planning to add the Homesoft collection there as a mirror. I know I can download all of them at once but is there another better way to keep the mirror in sync with your main database?

Thanks

Maybe you can combine this with an rsync or so:

https://github.com/VR51/get-em

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, pedgarcia said:

Hey @skr

That's seems exactly what I need! I will try it tonight and see if I can sync the updates or even maybe schedule a full update once a month, since it is only 78mb...

Thanks

78.9MB if downloading the files or only 52.5MB of ATRs.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BillC said:

78.9MB if downloading the files or only 52.5MB of ATRs.

Not sure, if you get all files then. There are some games that are not on the game discs, but in the complete list (e.g. my game "go lucky" - as it uses a whole disc alone).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Errmm... what's new since lat post...

War (Michael Archer)    

Overflow 2021    

Kooky Diver 2021    

Donkey Kong Double Pack    

Atascii Blastr
    The Matrix: Red Pill
    Lode Runner (Level Pack 1)
    Lode Runner (Level Pack 2)
    Lode Runner (Level Pack 3)

Betty's Issues    

Bruce Lee - Return of Fury
    Return of the Fungi    

Piracy 1621    

Piracy 1981    

Space Assailants 2121    

Alien Assault 2121    

Kooky's Quest 2021    

Bros    

Tre Robbo 53
    Tre Robbo 54

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Yautja said:

Yes, now I remember... It just seemed strange to me that it was included in a compilation of games from 2021 ? 

I just had a look at it. The difference here is that it's been converted to a single binary. The original version was on disk with a lot of data files. So, quite a convenience.

[Edit] Homesoft does a lot of these disk -> binary conversions.

• Like 1

Just to explain ...

Sometimes I create fixed, improved file versions of older games which are not in my collection yet to fill the disk images (for example "Lode Runner" (you can  switch between color and monochrome with console keys, all levels of the original version are integrated in the fileversion).
Otherwise it would possibly take years until an image is full because unfortunately not so much new games appears ...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Just to explain ...

Sometimes I create fixed, improved file versions of older games which are not in my collection yet to fill the disk images (for example "Lode Runner" (you can  switch between color and monochrome with console keys, all levels of the original version are integrated in the fileversion).
Otherwise it would possibly take years until an image is full because unfortunately not so much new games appears ...

Homesoft is a great, unique, and very useful archive to have around. You're creating a lot of versions of games that can't be found anywhere else. Really appreciated. My game collection is vastly improved with files from your site.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, nobody said:

Just to explain ...

Don't get me wrong. I was not criticizing Homesoft's work. Just in these particular cases, I wasn't aware of what was *new*.

BR.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2021 at 12:59 AM, pps said:

Not sure, if you get all files then. There are some games that are not on the game discs, but in the complete list (e.g. my game "go lucky" - as it uses a whole disc alone).

Ahh, good point. The files download does include a folder is "disk only games". Hopefully yours is in there. 

On 10/11/2021 at 6:20 AM, nobody said:

Just to explain ...

Just to say that we appreciate your work, it's an excellent collection, thank you for putting the time in to it.

Paul..

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 800XLNZ said:

Whomsoever is supplying these pearls of Atari 8 bit confection, carry on your journey.

All these wonderful collections are just brilliant to have, with the Homesoft stuff he also fixes and does other bits to make them go on a menu, so it's more than just making a disk up. But saying that, all the people like Aaron Holmes from NZ who patiently collected stuff from all over including myself then set about making sure the collections got out there, total respect to ALL the people who have or still are making sure these collections stay current or just got them out there in the first place.

The same also extends to people who mirror other sites, it all counts..

• Like 1