IGNORED

Homesoft

Shannon

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Outstanding bunch of disks and games, thanks. There are a few (not many) games that do not work for me in either an emulator or an Atari 130XE.

Disk 21 is one. The Castles and Keys game does not load and freezes completely. I have replaced it with one that works for me in both an emulator and on an Atari 130XE. The zip is attached if anyone wants it.

GAMES021.zip

Well,

allthough the A8 games by Homesoft are hacked / cracked, some of the file-versions do still require an Atari 400/800 OS or a translator-disk. Guess thats why some files did not work on your 130XE (they require the older OS). But maybe you are right and the files were just defective... just tested it with Atari 800 Win and OS-B with 48k: disk 39 and Protector did run fine then, disk 21 and Castles and Keys still locked up...

-Andreas Koch.

Well,

allthough the A8 games by Homesoft are hacked / cracked, some of the file-versions do still require an Atari 400/800 OS or a translator-disk. Guess thats why some files did not work on your 130XE (they require the older OS). But maybe you are right and the files were just defective... just tested it with Atari 800 Win and OS-B with 48k: disk 39 and Protector did run fine then, disk 21 and Castles and Keys still locked up...

-Andreas Koch.

I know that there are some games that require OS-B or a translator disk. Does not seem to be the case with either of these two games though. The com file on disk 21 for Castles and Keys seems corrupt as it would not run in either an emulator, switched to OS-B or XE, or on a 130XE. Changing it to a different file fixed it for me.

The problem I had with Protector on disk 39 was not that it wouldn't load or run but that the screen jitters all over the place. It is the PAL version and will not work on my NTSC system. It works fine an emulator if you set video to PAL. So for my NTSC system the changed disk posted above works as it has had the NTSC version switched into it.

This is what you get the PAL version on an NTSC with the original file.

I have not tested on an Atari 800. I have one I have had since the 80's but it is boxed and packed away as it is too large for my setup.

post-919-128182450154_thumb.png

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...