IGNORED

Medieval Mayhem Label Contest - Winner Announced!

Albert

I was just pointing out something I think submmitters needed to know about without squashing them as it may not have been their intention but sometimes they are not aware about these copyrights issues, and even get undeserved praise from others who are not aware as well. I thought perhaps the contest rules were not as clear about it.

On the other hand, I do feel that entries should be entirely original to be concidered as it seems not fair to those who actually worked on their entries from scratch.

it was'nt my intention to take someone's work and put them on this label, sorry about that, i live in the 3 world, in my country we dont have to much laws like all of u have, and i dont whant any troubles, am a graphic designer, not a ilustrator as u people now, is the first time i have been in a contest like this, sorry again, and peace. joel

Hello Joel and welcome to the forums! You are a good grapic designer but you should have done your research so you won't end up making labels that won't be concidered. that's why I had to post my earlier comments because I already knew some of the labels you submitted will be disqualifed in spite that they do look great and with all the praises it got from others who did'nt know better? :ponder:

Besides, I think it's next to impossible to get permission for the professional quality images you used. And even if you did, the turn around for an answer will be way past the contest deadline. I would recommend you create your own art as most others have or use "royalty-free" images. Belive me when I say, if you really did do those images yourself, then your work can have merit as being "leaps and bounds ahead of the pack." --They do look good -but it's technically not your own, and the last option for any disqualifed entries is to follow this link and select line #6.

At least your latest entries look like excellent canidates (your crossed swords label is esspecialy cool) and there's sitll another week for more submittions! Stay cool. ;)

Nice! I like the new entries but for some reason I find most of them too dark. Galaxy Warrior's design #4 seem to have the best contrast of them all, specificaly the one with the lone knight on the tower. It's also my favorite one, as having the small knight in the foreground really gives a great impact on the size relation of the dragon that's about to toast him! Very drarmatic!

I think Christain Hellmuth's label is the most ORIGINAL I've seen yet. Great imagination there! :o Gazooks!!! a knight standing over a slain dragon! (the spine is even exposed!) and there's what looks like the knight's shadow in the backgound --or is it one of his comrades lying in ashes? :lolblue: ah!.. Could be the end result of that 'little knight' on the top tower of Galaxy's entry!

I think Christain Hellmuth's label is the most ORIGINAL I've seen yet. Great imagination there! :o Gazooks!!! a knight standing over a slain dragon! (the spine is even exposed!) and there's what looks like the knight's shadow in the backgound --or is it one of his comrades lying in ashes? :lolblue: ah!.. Could be the end result of that 'little knight' on the top tower of Galaxy's entry!

As an aside--Christian told me that the label was, "100% made on Atari and sent with an Atari Falcon". :)

..Al

I've posted three more entries from Nathan Strum to the contest page:

http://www.atariage.com/features/contests/...em/#Submissions

If you want to submit entries, the deadline is tomorrow at 11:59pm (CST!) :D

..Al

Very nice Nathan. :thumbsup: The full bleed is my fav, though the other 'black boarder' retro label style does work very well as it does blend seamlessly with the dark night sky. I really like the celestial design on the serpent!

The lone knight looks to be enjoying the fireworks too! :lolblue:

I've posted three more entries from Nathan Strum to the contest page:

http://www.atariage.com/features/contests/...em/#Submissions

If you want to submit entries, the deadline is tomorrow at 11:59pm (CST!) :D

..Al

Nathan,

Your work always kicks some serious butt! I don't enter anymore since I always like your stuff better than mine, but I keep coming back to check them out. Great work!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for making my decision difficult :D

I decided to go with David's second entry:

MedievalMayhem_DavidVazquez_front_2.jpg

The attention to in-game details is what clinched the decision for me:

• Four players
  • Crowns on the top players
  • Helmets on the bottom players
  • Fireball richocheting off the shield

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for making my decision difficult :D

I decided to go with David's second entry...

The attention to in-game details is what clinched the decision for me:

• Four players
  • Crowns on the top players
  • Helmets on the bottom players
  • Fireball richocheting off the shield

That label is awesome!

Great selection!

:)

okay...i'm all cool with the label in all....but is a little TOO cartoony to me. A lot of the homebrew labels turn out to be cartoony. is there any chance of a serious, well-drawn less-catoonish label ever being chosen to be a label ala Return to Castle Wolfenstein

i liked these two personally

the last galaxy warrior label #11

and the really awesome joel peguero one (very bad-ass)