IGNORED

Medieval Mayhem Label Contest - Winner Announced!

Albert

and the really awesome joel peguero one (very bad-ass)

I liked these as well - the reason they were not chosen was neither conveyed what the game was about.

Joel's #4 (the knight standing in the middle of the screen shot) did an okay job of showing what the game was about, as well as looking really cool. But since Joel didn't have clearance for the artwork, there was no way it could be used.

I very much liked Galaxy Warrior's #11, but the fact that knights deflect fireballs toward other knights is far more relevant than the gorgeous looking dragon (though Espire might disagree).

I liked these as well - the reason they were not chosen was neither conveyed what the game was about.

Joel's #4 (the knight standing in the middle of the screen shot) did an okay job of showing what the game was about, as well as looking really cool. But since Joel didn't have clearance for the artwork, there was no way it could be used.

I very much liked Galaxy Warrior's #11, but the fact that knights deflect fireballs toward other knights is far more relevant than the gorgeous looking dragon (though Espire might disagree).

the JP one I liked wasnt the knight one....it was the one with the awesome dragon on the front ala Dragonfire

okay...i'm all cool with the label in all....but is a little TOO cartoony to me. A lot of the homebrew labels turn out to be cartoony. is there any chance of a serious, well-drawn less-catoonish label ever being chosen to be a label ala Return to Castle Wolfenstein

i liked these two personally

the last galaxy warrior label #11

okay...i'm all cool with the label in all....but is a little TOO cartoony to me. A lot of the homebrew labels turn out to be cartoony. is there any chance of a serious, well-drawn less-catoonish label ever being chosen to be a label ala Return to Castle Wolfenstein
... :sad:
i guess then someone really likes slapstick cartoons and shit...... :rolling:

i love the design for the Return of Wolfenstein game.....best video game box right there :cool:

not to diss the game though......the game looks fucking awesome....i like warlords a lot and i would consider this almost pretty much a sequel but better..since so much gameplay is changed

great work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh... so you were just dissing the label..

The contest is over and I can't believe you're now criticising me for being a cartoonist.

Am I suppose to be sorry for that?

Thanks alot, pressure cooker, for all of your very selfish comments.

I have nothing to say to anyone else who decides to walk down the same beaten path you just laid here.

Ignore him, espire8.

I've gotten criticized before as well, and you just have to consider the source. Some people will never be satisfied, no matter what. It stings, since when we do this stuff, we're doing it for the "fun" of it, and to try and contribute in some positive way to the homebrew scene. Sadly, it does suck some of the fun out of it for us.

Most of the time, the griping seems come from people who didn't bother lifting a finger of their own to enter a contest or contribute ideas when they would have actually done some good.

What you tend not to hear as much, is compliments from the people who do like it, and never think to mention it.

For whatever it's worth, I like your label a lot.

But then again, I like "cartoony" stuff. So I'm probably not quite right in the head anyway. ;)

Ignore him, espire8.

I've gotten criticized before as well, and you just have to consider the source. Some people will never be satisfied, no matter what. It stings, since when we do this stuff, we're doing it for the "fun" of it, and to try and contribute in some positive way to the homebrew scene. Sadly, it does suck some of the fun out of it for us.

Most of the time, the griping seems come from people who didn't bother lifting a finger of their own to enter a contest or contribute ideas when they would have actually done some good.

What you tend not to hear as much, is compliments from the people who do like it, and never think to mention it.

For whatever it's worth, I like your label a lot.

But then again, I like "cartoony" stuff. So I'm probably not quite right in the head anyway. ;)

Hear hear ...

-t

I realy like the label, but spire 8 have to learn how to read someone else opinion with out getting mad, he open my eyes, so i can see how u people realy work, and i was'nt mad, i realy appreciate that, so in the next contest, you'll have a very tuff competicion from me. jajajaja, and i realy like nathan Strum black label, that was the one i realy like, good work nathan, and congrats spire 8. :D,

i didnt pay attention to the contest....i just popped in to see the winners.....

gosh...people get all sentimental over their art....

if people bashed my poems and music i wrote...i wouldnt mind, its just someones opinion

sometimes they should keep it to themselves( as in my opinion)

i was kinda just being jokey though....i wasnt trying to be mean or malicious

i was just playin around.......just try not to take my comments so seriously....sheesh :|

gosh...people get all sentimental over their art....

if people bashed my poems and music i wrote...i wouldnt mind, its just someones opinion

sometimes they should keep it to themselves( as in my opinion) ...

Post some of your poems in the General Chat forum. :)

Artists(myself included) are bound to get a bit sentimental when we put in a lot of creative thinking, time, and polishing into a design or drawing.

Same goes for those who program games for us to play.

For the record: the Wolfenstein label was the winner of a label contest too( albeit a short contest ). Dave Dries did an excellent job on it! Everybody will have a different opinion and you can't please everybody all the time. Just one of those things in life. :)

Rule #1: Never ever hurry a homebrewer! :)

...don't announce something is available December 1st if it won't be. It's right there on the front page. There's nothing "rushing" about asking someone why they're 2 days late on a deadline. It's a legit question, really.

Rule #1: Never ever hurry a homebrewer! :)

...don't announce something is available December 1st if it won't be. It's right there on the front page. There's nothing "rushing" about asking someone why they're 2 days late on a deadline. It's a legit question, really.

Actually, the hold up is due to Darrell still waiting for me to finish the animation for the hidden easter egg. been up all night trying to get it done, it after 5 am my time so it's very late for me. I will post the flash sample here later this morning for all to look at, and for Darrell to implement if there's still time left, otherwise it may not make it into the final game.

Please be paitent, ....I promise you --it will be worth it. ;)

Blame Microsoft, I do :D - Espire8's XP system crapped out last weekend and he had to spend time reinstalling his OS and software instead of finishing the animation sequences and manual.

The delay did give me time to add the fancy new knight sequence as well as some other minor fixes and enhancements.

Great label! :thumbsup:

It's only a slight detail, but It would be nice changing the colors of the top players to match those of the definitive version of the game.

Alessandro

Thanks for the complement and the suggestion.

It's nice to know that people really do appreciate even the little finer details, and I was thinking of the same; so... done! :cool:

post-7623-1165502042_thumb.jpg

Edited by espire8

I like the new colors and the light effect of fireball on the purple shield and crown.

I noticed other cool changes too:

- Nathan Strum's dragon design on the top right over the tower

- lighting on the sky over the other tower

- a little crown on the "i" of "Medieval" in the title instead of the dot

- bigger and different signature

- different copyright text on the bottom

Very nice work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Alessandro