Rhindle The Red

Do you own any import games?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own any import games?

• Yes, lots.
    • Yes, A few.
    • No, but I'd like some.
    • No, I'm not interested.
    • What are these "import games" you speak of?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Of course, which games are imports will depend on your location, but the question stands. Do you have any games meant for another region? (Most likely, we're talking Japanese imports, but I've got some European Dreamcast games, and I'm sure there are Europeans who own North American titles.)

If you do, what kind do you have? If you don't, why not?

No, I was considering buying an import system at one point, but secided against it.

Edit: Crap. I just realized that I have a 20 in one gameboy game bought off the streets of China. Not exactly imported... more of a souvenier. The data is corrupt, and it's all my fault. Forgive me.

Edited by narutofan

The only one i've gone out of my way to get was the PAL version of Shenmue II for the Dreamcast, but i do have about 10 Super Famicom games i've picked up here and there. Oh, and a Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh cart for the GBC, for some reason. Sooo useless.... :)

Hong Kong 148-in-1 and 110-in-one carts for my GBA SP, both work fine and are loaded with NES and arcade games.

A few Colecovision NTSC carts that came with the Roller Controller and Super Action Controllers.

Various Dreamcast games.

A few DS games for the US market that I picked up in Asia before they were released in Oz.

Will be adding a NTSC Jaguar and a 5200 with games over the next few months from the US as I simply cannot find them over here and have run out of patience :D

Yeah, I have some.

Playstation:

-A.IV. Evolution (NTSC-J)

Game Boy (all Japanese):

-Zero One SP (GBA)

-Mario Kart Advance (GBA)

-Wario Land Advance Yooki no Ohou (GBA)

-Final Fight One (GBA)

-Advance GT 2 (GBA, pirated)

-Dragon Quest III (GBC)

-Dragon Quest I & II (GBC, pirated)

-Lodoss to Senki: Eiyuu Kishiden GB (GBC, pirated)

-Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible II (GBC, pirated)

Edited by TheHoboInYourRoom

I don't believe I have any import games for the last generation of systems (PS2, Gamecube), but I do have a fair number of Japanese Dreamcast games, and then lots of foreign Atari 2600 games. I know I have some oddball titles for other classic systems, but the Dreamcast and 2600 are the bulk of my imports.

..Al

I've got 4 Sega Saturn titles that I bought with an ST Key at the OVGE last year. I also have some kind of virtual dancing girl type program for the Saturn I picked up at a flea market which I haven't played yet. I've got a Macross game for the Sega Dreamcast I bought at OVGE 2004. I've got a couple original Famicom carts that I bought to test out the cartridge slot on a Famiclone I had picked up (I have since bought a few pirate Famicom multicarts). I've got three or four PAL formatted UK released Philips CD-i games that I bought out at the flea market. I've got a Japanese copy of the Sega Genesis game Granada that I bought out at that same flea market I bought the others in this list at (it just occured to me how much foreign gaming there is at my local 'dirt mall'). And lastly, I have a Super Famicom game based on some cartoon that looks kinda familiar. I picked that one up in a thrift with a Famicom multicart attached to a HoneyBee adapter for the NES.

I own the Japanese version Power League 64 for my N64. I also own a couple fo 7800 carts that have NTSC games on them, but which were sold new outside the US.

I used to have quite a few more imported titles, and some pirates. I had pirates of the Game Boy Final Fantasy games, a couple of pirated Mortal Kombat II's, and for my Game Gear, I had NBA Jam and NBA Jam TE both pirated, plus Star Wars. My Klax was the Japanese version, and I vaguely recall having a Japanese Shinobi cart.

Oddly enough, I bough Power League 64 from a local store. They have modded it to play on an American console, though the ROM is still Japanese.

My Game Gear might be an import...I got it from a vendor on board an American ship.

Oh, almost forgot...my Saturn Twin Stick is also an import. I don't have the box anymore, but I do remember virtually everything on that box was written in Japanese.

I don't think a USA version of the Twin Stick was ever made.

Edited by shadow460

Well let's see... about a third of my C64 games are import, and about half the Vic20. 2/3 of the NGPC are imports (Japan), the Vectrex collection is all US, all my SNES/N64/Cube games are US or Japanese. All the rare 2600 stuff I have is US. I've almost got a full PAL 7800 set but I own most of the NTSC only titles. Almots all my DS games are US or Japanese, and about half my Gameboy stuff is too.

You could say I get stuff from abroad a bit ;)