IGNORED

Another crazy Pressure Cooker rant.

PressureCooker2600

Man...almost everytime I go to my local Game Exchange in Fort Smith to get some Nes or SNES games...I have to hold back some of my comments. Other than the fact that most of their carts are outrageously over-priced and look like a dog took a shit on them, I hate it when I pick a few up and go to check out...and the guy at the front goes," So, goin' old school today?" I CAN'T STAND IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY OLD SCHOOL...especially about video games. that is such an annoying and ghetto term. If I wanted to go "old school" I would go to a flea market and buy some extra copies of Combat or Asteroids...not come here and buy your over-priced NES games. And the other day, at the other Game-Exchange in Fort Smith...there were these two dudes looking at PS1 games and one of em kept sayin' " Ohhh...thats some old-school, right there." "ohhhhh old school gaming." I think they looking at like Street Fighter Anthologies, too :roll: To me, if anything is old school, it would be the old Pong units I grew up on. Throw in some Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 and NOW you got some OLD SCHOOL...(god i hate that term :D )

I used to go to a high-priced used game store to get NES games until I discovered that there were 2 other locations of the chain in my town. I think I was dumb enough to get ripped off a few times (but I have never seen another copy of Namco Pac-Man since). I never quite understood the term "old school" before. I know what it means, but why school? Why not just say "retro" or something?

I never quite understood the term "old school" before. I know what it means, but why school? Why not just say "retro" or something?

A broad definition of "school" can be "any form of learning." So, you could say that you were being "schooled" as you were learning how to play video games (most likely you were your own teacher). If you did your "schooling" on Ataris and Intellivisions instead of PlayStations and X-Boxes, you did it "old school."

I think it's time you switch to decaf. Or up the meds you're supposed to be on.

Medicines are at the highest doses they can get :D I'm just a very angry guy on the inside. :x Plus, decaf....i gotta have my 6 cans of mountain dew a day. :cool: plus...i'm quitting smoking and i'm using some medicine called chantix and its makin me feel bloody AWFUL!!!!!!

Anyone remember that band in the later 80's called "Old Skull" we used to crack up every time there shitty video popped up on the Jukebox Network.

They were a bunch of kids and they had a song called "Homeless"

Wonder what ever happened to them?

yea, I remember them. I guess they grew up and had to get jobs.

I perfer "Classic"over "Old School"I said this in one of my Blogs..."Classic is anything pre-NES,while Old School is NES up to PS1".I think of myself as a "Classic"gamer not a "Old School".I only own pre-NES stuff.

Same here I prefer Classic Im a classic game or if Im on my PS2 Im Modern Gaming

I perfer "Classic"over "Old School"I said this in one of my Blogs..."Classic is anything pre-NES,while Old School is NES up to PS1".I think of myself as a "Classic"gamer not a "Old School".I only own pre-NES stuff.

Same here I prefer Classic Im a classic game or if Im on my PS2 Im Modern Gaming

Like your avatar HatNJ...Pressure Cooker is the best damn game around. I used to be a cook at a restaraunt back in the day but it wasnt hamburgers. Too bad they couldnt have made a sequel where they throw pasta at you. :D All hail Pressure Cooker (bows down to Atari game like an idiot)

to me the pre-crash is really the only classics. Post crash, the gameplay and types of games changed, (J vs. US,) and there hasn't been a change (yea, after dreamcast, gfx got 3d, but the gameplay was still the same,) since. The wii may be the next change.

old school. lol. well they call rap from the 80s old school so i guess the 2600 fits, heck it even had a rap commercial.a-tah-uh-ree

"Old School" is an overused, and abused term. Even by me. I use it to refer to almost anything that is a few generations back. I also tend to use it very broadly as well. As an avid player/collector I play just about everything from the early era (Atari VCS, Odyssey 2, Coleco, Vectrex, 5200, 7800) all the way up to the current gen (XBox, PS2, GC). I do get really annoyed at the pricing of the old cartridges. They usually are overpriced. I can swallow that, depending on what it is, and how bad I want it vs. how much it would cost me getting it online + shipping.

I see you are from Fort Smith (and not just from your mentioning it) PressureCooker... I used to live there many, many years back. Just intersting how you can run into people just randomly in such fashions.