IGNORED

How Much Do You Figure These Are Worth?

bretthorror

Recently got my first 2600 and browsing games, I figured these I would want for sure. I was just wondering if any of these are worth anything or if I'd be able to get them roughly for pretty cheap.

Jungle Hunt

Dig Dug

Alien

Circus

GI Joe Cobra Strike

Ghostbusters

Summer Games

Wizard of Wor

Edited by bretthorror

Also, Ghostbuster II was a PAL release, it wasn't sold in North America and will not work properly with most TVs.

My TV can convert if the system can... I was going to try.

Ghostbusters II would still be around the 50-100 dollar price range though on Ebay so if you want to go for broke...I say do it. And if you have a converter...there are a lot of good PAL games out there.

Donkey Kong (if it's any different than my NES cart)

I don't understand the question. It's practically a different game than the NES cart. A much more limited, less fun game.

ET (yes I know it's terrible... I just need to know how terrible it is in person)

It's not terrible if you read the instructions; trust me on that one.

Yeah Ghost Busters II is not terribly expensive. I think I paid around $5-10 for my boxed copy. There's also an NTSC conversion floating around that Thomas did, it's possible to have it put on cart as well.

You might add Spider-Man in place of Crazy Climber, they are similar style of games.

Here is the NTSC conversion from Thomas.

:) :) :)

post-88-1161374744_thumb.jpg

ET (yes I know it's terrible... I just need to know how terrible it is in person)

It's not terrible if you read the instructions; trust me on that one.

Agreed, just read the MANUAL. For 2600 it's not a bad game, and its not as complicated

and frustrating as some say it is. After I read the manual, I solved it soon after on game 1.

It's always fun to me, because the item locations and icons change every game.

Unpredictable and always a hit of challenge even if you solved it 50 times.

:cool:

IMO, Fire Fighter and Towering Inferno are completely different games. The idea is the same--put out fires and rescue people, but they play differently.

In Towering Inferno, you gotta navigate mazes and such. Fire Fighter just requires you to aim the ladder and climb quickly.

Fire Fighter's simple game play is well suited for children. In fact, I consider it to be the only kids' game in the Imagic lineup.

I like the sounds of this Towering Inferno game, I'm adding it to my list. I am also gonna cross of the titles I bought on Ebay. I've been buying some, paying a bit more than I should ($3.50 CDN a cart shipped, but I don't need to be as stingy because Popeye was in the lot and I wanted that second most of all titles). I'll be smarter next time. Just want to get a few ones I'm very curious about for when I get my system.

I appreciate the suggestions, keep them flowing, I'm listening to all that sound good. I really don't know much about Atari, so all this input helps! How about Pac-Man Jr.?

I guess maybe I'll have to find the ET manual on Ebay. Maybe I can find it online.

Edited by bretthorror

I need to go through my duplicate bin, but I am pretty sure I have quite a few on your list. Let me know what you have already and I'll see what I have to get rid of, I'll let the commons go cheap.

If you search the database on this site they have most of the manuals either scanned or typed, so you don't really need to buy manuals, unless you want them.

Edited by elliott

I need to go through my duplicate bin, but I am pretty sure I have quite a few on your list. Let me know what you have already and I'll see what I have to get rid of, I'll let the commons go cheap.

If you search the database on this site they have most of the manuals either scanned or typed, so you don't really need to buy manuals, unless you want them.

The games I am looking for are the ones without a strikeout in the first post.

Currently I'm not going to worry about buying games that I have on my Atari and Activision Anthologies (I still don't know how a lifetime of d-pads and analog sticks is going to gel with the joystick) and the 15 that I listed that came with the system I bought. I, of course, am open to suggestions though. I am a Canadian, just to warn you.

On a side note, I picked this up on Ebay, I hope it's not a hard stick to maneuver (my NES one is an abomination). It's got auto-fire and not many others I found had it.

27_1_b.JPG

Also got some paddles so I can play paddle games. I love these old controllers, much more fun to buy than new ones. Cheaper too.

Those aren't too bad, if I remember correctly, they had microswitches instead of the dome switches in the stock controllers, it has a nice click when operated. I have a couple broken ones in my junk bin, but that was because of bad wires, not the stick itself.

After you get your system we may be able to work out a deal if you want to try some of those games on real hardware. I have about 7 on your current list, I'm sure I have most of the one on the Anthologies.

Edited by elliott

I'm trying to shrink my duplicate pile, pretty much the more you take the cheaper it will be. It would be a lot cheaper to get as many as possible at one time, especially shipping between countries. I proabaly have 30-40 unique games in my duplicate bin, all of which work, but were pushed out of my main collection for rarer label variations or better looking labels.

I haven't played any of the Anthology collections so I have no clue how accurate they are. I would imagine games like Kaboom would be much better with real paddles. I prefer to play games with period hardware, it seems the games are always better when played the way they were meant to be played.

So far from your list I have:

Spider-man

Galaxian

Indy 500 (looking for a pair of controllers, but I'm sure I have some)

Donkey Kong

Frogger

Journey Escape

Raiders of the Lost Ark

E.T.

Edited by elliott

I'm trying to shrink my duplicate pile, pretty much the more you take the cheaper it will be. It would be a lot cheaper to get as many as possible at one time, especially shipping between countries. I proabaly have 30-40 unique games in my duplicate bin, all of which work, but were pushed out of my main collection for rarer label variations or better looking labels.

I haven't played any of the Anthology collections so I have no clue how accurate they are. I would imagine games like Kaboom would be much better with real paddles. I prefer to play games with period hardware, it seems the games are always better when played the way they were meant to be played.

So far from your list I have:

Spider-man

Galaxian

Indy 500 (looking for a pair of controllers, but I'm sure I have some)

Donkey Kong

Frogger

Journey Escape

Raiders of the Lost Ark

E.T.

If this is the case, I would be potentially interested in any title I don't have in an anthology. That will probably add quite a few more. I'd like to play on original hardware, but I also have space issues. I have around 1000 movies and a good 200 games, not to mention 12 or so consoles. If you have a rough price let me know.

Most of my extras are Atari and Activision, unfortunately, but I do have a couple.

I found:

Demon Attack

Atlantis

Riddle of the Sphinx

Solaris (It's PAL, but if your TV can handle it, it won't be a problem)

Dark Cavern

Armour Ambush

I found my stash of driving contollers also.

I don't really have a price in mind, but nothing here is worth more than a buck or two, but the driving controllers would be about $5 for the pair.

Edited by elliott

Most of my extras are Atari and Activision, unfortunately, but I do have a couple.

I found:

Demon Attack

Atlantis

Riddle of the Sphinx

Solaris (It's PAL, but if your TV can handle it, it won't be a problem)

Dark Cavern

Armour Ambush

I found my stash of driving contollers also.

I don't really have a price in mind, but nothing here is worth more than a buck or two, but the driving controllers would be about $5 for the pair.

Riddle of the Sphinx, Dark Cavern and Armour Ambush I'd be interested in.