IGNORED

Thinking of hacking Lily Adventure

Pac Munchkin

I have been thinking of hacking Lily Adventure into a new Pit Fall, maybe calling it Pit Fall III?

I found Lily her feet do move so I know it animates at least two frames, So I only found so far one frame of her and I think I found her color too. I also found the Teddy bears and the turtles and that weird worm or plant thing too.

But if there is no way to make it have limited lives and limited time I may lose interest.

Besides I would like to get rid of that music too or change it if I could.

Just letting you in on what I'm tossing around in my mind.

It will be a big hack maybe bigger then my Tom Boy hack?

Wade :cool:

I have been thinking of hacking Lily Adventure into a new Pit Fall, maybe calling it Pit Fall III?

I found Lily her feet do move so I know it animates at least two frames, So I only found so far one frame of her and I think I found her color too. I also found the Teddy bears and the turtles and that weird worm or plant thing too.

But if there is no way to make it have limited lives and limited time I may lose interest.

A few pictures and my first changes to turn Lily Adventure into Pitfall III

PS. Please let me know what you think, should I continue this hack or drop it, I don't think there is a way to lose in this, yes you do start back at the beginning of the screen you are on if you lose a man, but you seem to have an infinite supply? So please let me know?

post-9756-1161333560_thumb.png

post-9756-1161333578_thumb.png

post-9756-1161333596_thumb.png

Pit_Fall_III_WIP_10_20_6_WC.bin

Edited by Pac Munchkin

PS. Please let me know what you think, should I continue this hack or drop it, I don't think there is a way to lose in this, yes you do start back at the beginning of the screen you are on if you lose a man, but you seem to have an infinite supply? So please let me know?

New changes changed the bird into a bat like in Pitfall II

Changed those things that looked like giant slugs into rolling logs like in Pitfall

Changed the Alligators to look much more like in Pitfall

At this time I can not find anymore colors other than Pitfall Harry I want to change the logs to brown.

I may change those apes into Scorpions don't know I do like the apes though.

Enjoy.

Wade

Pit_Fall_III_WIP_10_20_7_WC.bin

post-9756-1161408204_thumb.png

post-9756-1161408239_thumb.png

post-9756-1161408291_thumb.png

post-9756-1161408319_thumb.png

Edited by Pac Munchkin

Nice start. :) The apes are cool. I would not change them. After all, Harry is a world traveler. He comes across all different kinds of animals in his journeys. The music does have to change though. Otherwise, keep the game the same, put a diaper on Harry, and call it Pitfall III: The Preschool Years.

Edited by Atari Dogs

New changes changed the bird into a bat like in Pitfall II

Changed those things that looked like giant slugs into rolling logs like in Pitfall

Changed the Alligators to look much more like in Pitfall

At this time I can not find anymore colors other than Pitfall Harry I want to change the logs to brown.

I may change those apes into Scorpions don't know I do like the apes though.

Enjoy.

Wade

WOW VERY F...... COOL MAN CAN'T WAIT :cool:

Nice start. :) The apes are cool. I would not change them. After all, Harry is a world traveler. He comes across all different kinds of animals in his journeys. The music does have to change though. Otherwise, keep the game the same, put a diaper on Harry, and call it Pitfall III: The Preschool Years.

Here is my newest up date! :D

Logs and Apes are now Brown

Nursery Rhyme songs are OUTA HERE!!! :D

New cool music!

I still need find the color for the gators and turtles though.

I had been thinking of calling it something like Pitfall Harry Jr. or Pitfall Jr. since Harry is three pixels shorter in this game.

Enjoy!!!!! :thumbsup:

Wade

post-9756-1161518023_thumb.png

post-9756-1161518045_thumb.png

Pit_Fall_III_WIP_10_21_7_WC.bin

I've been playing this for about 15 minutes, and I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do! :D

I ended up turning it off because I was expecting to get to an endpoint, or at least get a gold bar or something.

It is an interesting idea for a hack. And you got rid of the original music which helps. I also got a kick out of jumping on a turtle and using him to get back on the main level. If I didn't find that, then I'd be bored. :)

Are the apes from "Sky Skipper"? Part of me thinks that scorpions would be better, but the apes are cool.

I'd like it if you could make it where he only jumps to maximum height if the jump button is held down. And if you lowered the pitch on the jumping sound.

I hope the music is just temporary... the original was better, although it was never even tolerable, heh. I'd like something simple, too much melody gets annoying in these games. A simple jungle beat, or some suspenseful sounds with low volume whitenoise crashing type stuff.

Good job so far, keep it up, sir

I'd like it if you could make it where he only jumps to maximum height if the jump button is held down. And if you lowered the pitch on the jumping sound.

I hope the music is just temporary... the original was better, although it was never even tolerable, heh. I'd like something simple, too much melody gets annoying in these games. A simple jungle beat, or some suspenseful sounds with low volume whitenoise crashing type stuff.

Good job so far, keep it up, sir

That is way beyond my hacking ability, I don't know assembly programming. I'll let you in how I changed the music, I was searching for the colors of the gators and turtles I changed what I thought cloud be the color byte, it turned out to be critical to the music.

I wish I could find how to turn off the music I may yet stumble on that. It took me two hours of searching to find the color for the logs and apes.

The new music sounds similar to Malagai I think.

I like it better than the nursery rhymes.

But the game gets very challenging way harder than Pitfall.

I took two pictures at 20000 points.

The game gets progressively harder each screen.

I am going to hack this the best I can, I do know it could be so much better with a more experienced hacker. It is well worth the effort I believe because it is very close to pitfall really many of the exact same elements and challenges and at the same time progressive dificulty.

Wade

I've been playing this for about 15 minutes, and I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do! :D

I ended up turning it off because I was expecting to get to an endpoint, or at least get a gold bar or something.

It is an interesting idea for a hack. And you got rid of the original music which helps. I also got a kick out of jumping on a turtle and using him to get back on the main level. If I didn't find that, then I'd be bored. :)

Are the apes from "Sky Skipper"? Part of me thinks that scorpions would be better, but the apes are cool.

Well the apes are left over from the original game, no there seems no end to the game really. Each screen is the challenge. I made it to a level where you jump down on a gator head as he closes his mouth to get across, timing is critical, but the next level the apes are charging at you and you have to still jump down on a gator head I'll show what I mean in a special post

I play it until I feel like turning it off too, I would like to see a very experienced hacker make this game shine and put in a time limit or limited lives, maybe get rid of the music all together. hehe

Wade

This game progressively gets harder the longer you play, I had taken these two photos to show just how hard it gets.

The first photo

Ohhhh YEAH that is right for me to get across that chasm I must jump down on the swimming alligators while avoiding jumping into the bat also my timing must be perfect so that the gator is closing it's mouth just before I land. I can not wait until it closes it's mouth like in Pitfall I must jump while it's mouth is open still, then I must jump back off quickly before it opens it's mouth again onto the other ledge.

If that isn't hard enough photo two shows now the same challenge with charging apes added, Now I must jump over the ape avoid the bat jump down on the gator jump back off the gator avoiding the apes and the bat to make it across the screen.

Sometimes it seems near impossible to get across, high expert level stuff this gets to be.

I do need to point out there does seem no end to this game and unfortunately for me to add an end I would need to be a better hacker.

I am just a simple bit hacker.

Wade

PS To me the point of the game is not so much in the full game but each challenge to successfully complete, why did Harry cross the screen, to get to the other side. That is it, it is the challenges them selves the overall game has no point, so do what I do live in the now moment enjoy each challenge until you get tired of playing and turn it off until you want to play it again.

Wade

post-9756-1161585553_thumb.png

post-9756-1161585578_thumb.png

Edited by Pac Munchkin

If that isn't hard enough photo two shows now the same challenge with charging apes added, Now I must jump over the ape avoid the bat jump down on the gator jump back off the gator avoiding the apes and the bat to make it across the screen.

I reached that stage at around 2,3000 pts. After about 50 tries, I gave up. If there was to be an end to this hack, this stage is it. That's because even if I happened to pass that stage, I don't expect to see anything cool. Just more insane music. :)

I reached that stage at around 2,3000 pts. After about 50 tries, I gave up. If there was to be an end to this hack, this stage is it. That's because even if I happened to pass that stage, I don't expect to see anything cool. Just more insane music. :)

You too!!!! That is where I stopped at too!!!!! :rolling:

I am sure it must be possible but wow!!!!!

Believe it or not that is actually playing those nursery rhymes from the original game, it is just going through some really messed up filter of some kind I stumbled on trying to find the color for the logs and apes to change to brown.

I changed it and thought well I like that better than the nursery rhymes. :lol:

Wade

New Up Date No Music!!! :D :thumbsup:

PS still need to find the gator color to change, I spent many hours looking today all I can say is it is not these colors.

CE, DD, BA, BB, BC, BD, B9, B8, B7, B6, So I need to keep looking.

PS I just now noticed I messed up the date 10-24-7 hahahaha sorry next will be this years date.

Pit_Fall_III_WIP_10_24_7_WC.bin

Edited by Pac Munchkin

You too!!!! That is where I stopped at too!!!!! :rolling:

I am sure it must be possible but wow!!!!!

Believe it or not that is actually playing those nursery rhymes from the original game, it is just going through some really messed up filter of some kind I stumbled on trying to find the color for the logs and apes to change to brown.

I changed it and thought well I like that better than the nursery rhymes. :lol:

Wade

It is not imposible I made it way past that today! :D