IGNORED

2600 Bump 'n' Jump is awesome!

jpfalcon2003

Just got this game recently through arari2600.com. Wow, i had no idea this game was that good. Sure the graphics aren't as nice as some of the other versions, but I really liked this one. Had no idea some of the older games were this good. I was actually gonna get this version for my NES if I didn't like this one, but I was very satisfied indeed with the 2600 version.

I have the telegames release of it (which, AFAIK is the same as the M-Network one) and I agree it's awesome. A bit different from other versions, though. It's actually easier to land on cars in the 2600 version since jumping doesn't push you back like in does in other versions. I like how jumping slows you down a bit less too.

I have the telegames release of it (which, AFAIK is the same as the M-Network one) and I agree it's awesome. A bit different from other versions, though. It's actually easier to land on cars in the 2600 version since jumping doesn't push you back like in does in other versions. I like how jumping slows you down a bit less too.

It's a very faithful port of the arcade version. When I bought B&J 2600 in 1992/93 it had a much higher price than other 2600 games that were hanging around the shops at much reduced price, B&J 2600 was a popular title. BTW the version for NES has amazing graphics, and was released in 1988, whereas the version for the 2600 was released prior to the videogame crash. :cool:

It's a very faithful port of the arcade version. When I bought B&J 2600 in 1992/93 it had a much higher price than other 2600 games that were hanging around the shops at much reduced price, B&J 2600 was a popular title. BTW the version for NES has amazing graphics, and was released in 1988, whereas the version for the 2600 was released prior to the videogame crash. :cool:

The NES version is actually a sequel of sorts. The original arcade version was called Burnin' Rubber in Japan, but the Famicom version was called Buggy Popper.

Perhaps its just me but I always found the M-Network versions harder than the Intellivision games they were ported from. Does anyone else agree with this? ;)

Yup. Dark Chambers was like that, too.

Bump 'n' Jump is awesomely fun--I played it for hours as a kid. I think I've got it today, too...yep yep, it's there.

It's one of the few 2600 games with meaningful background music instead of either the same two measures repeated or some kind of "warning tone". On top of that, it has a continue feature!

Those two items weren't even perfected yet in the NES days.

This is one heckuva great game.

I recall when I finally managed to score it - I had read about how great of a port it was and when I came across it in my local video game store I was so excited to finally find it! I rushed home, popped it in my Atari, turned it on and ... couldn't believe how incredibly crappy it looked. "Nothing even resembles a car," I thought. "What a ripoff!"

Then I actually played it.

Oh, man, what amazing game play.

Truly one of the great aracade adaptations.

Who needs accurate graphics when it plays so smooooove?

Not me!

The original arcade version was called Burnin' Rubber in Japan

Thanks for reminding me about that long forgotten name difference. It may be the passage of time, but I also can't remember being able to repair the car in the arcade version? The one thing I do remember was the road narrowing as the game got involved, and the heart stopping fear of landing in water!! :D