IGNORED

Happy Computer

I recognize the Atari XL computer in the

I recognize the Atari XL computer in the picture since the 800XL was my very first computer, but what are the other ones in the picture? I figure that they must be european models so I have no idea which ones they are.

The others are an Alphatronic PC, an Arcorn B, a Sharp MZ 700 (that´s the second from the top, my brother had one of those) and a Spectravideo SV 328. Must have been hard competitors to the 800 XL. Don´t know if they are european only.

The others are an Alphatronic PC, an Arcorn B, a Sharp MZ 700 (that´s the second from the top, my brother had one of those) and a Spectravideo SV 328. Must have been hard competitors to the 800 XL. Don´t know if they are european only.  

The Alphatronic was a CP/M machine from Triumph Adler, a German business maschine manufacturer. It was quite successfull in the business area.

The BBC Arcon B was a British computer. In Germany it was not sold very well. The same fate had hit the Sharp. The semi-MSX-computer SVI 328 did not sell very well, too.

BTW: The Happy Computer was a great magazine. I had a subscription, I had put the in the litter bin 8 years ago. Stupid me:/

Best,

Marc

The Acorn BBC model B was a great computer, it got its name from the fact that it was licensed as the 'official' micro of BBC television. That got it on every schools technology programme, not to mention at least a couple of units in pretty much every school in UK (even my girlfriends country backwater school had 1, as well as.. you'll love this... 2 BIG TRAKS that they got to use for educational purposes - what a school!!)

quote:

Originally posted by liveinabin:

That got it on every schools technology programme, not to mention at least a couple of units in pretty much every school in UK (even my girlfriends country backwater school had 1, as well as.. you'll love this... 2 BIG TRAKS that they got to use for educational purposes - what a school!!)

i visited a french school in berlin. they got a macintosh 2 in 1984, so instead of going to the sport class, i went to the library and started typing games in basic ... since then i used mac computers .... so i guess i'm really a mac veteran ....

i didn't only sell my mac //e later ... but also all my computer mags at the end of the eighties ... i had happy computer, telematch and many apple magazines ... i should have kept them, as well as my mac ....