IGNORED

Who Are You Anyway, Atari 2600 Fan?

phitter

I've been a sci-fi freak for as long as I can remember (I think it started with 'Lost in Space' and 'Star Trek' reruns when I was ~3 or 4). I earned the name 'Starhopper' back when the special edition of 'A New Hope' first hit theatres. A friend of mine (who goes by the name Hogun the Grim, of all things) gave it to me as a badge of honor for braving the costumed masses on opening night to see it. Later, it became the name of a class of ship in my personal sci-fi universe, which you can see here. :cool:

Oh, if you stop by, sign my guestbook, willya? :P

Edited by Starhopper

Heh, same here.

Just got it too. :)

Actually, when reading a website in English, do you tend to read digits "in German", so to speak?

I know I have a parallel problem when I'm reading, say, a bunch of Spanish with some numbers embedded in it.

Still, I know from experience (i.e. "FlapPing") that your command of English wordplay is not to be ignored...

Emehr's just a randomly generated name from a name generator table I made years ago. It was either that or Quogidu, but that sounds too much like "doggy doo".

NE146...Anyone for 6?...I still don't get it! (drops head to table in shame)

NE146...Anyone for 6?...I still don't get it! (drops head to table in shame)

Yes. "Anyone for six?"

If you still don't get it, say it out loud. (Preferably very loudly. For the entire building you're in to hear. You'll figure it out real quick that way. :lol: :P)

Mine comes from my first name, Joe and being in Rat Bastard. There's 3 or 4 guys that hang around named Joe so we started getting identified by band affiliation so Joe Bastard became Joey Bastard eventually. I'm sure plenty of people have used it in the sense of me being kind of douchebag too which is okie dokie with me.

Do you really have to guess mine? :P 2002 is my high school grad year. The rest, well... you get the idea.

I don't get it.

are you a geologist?

Megaman is called Rockman in Japan.

Megaman is a geologist? :?

j/k :P

Do you really have to guess mine? :P 2002 is my high school grad year. The rest, well... you get the idea.

I don't get it.

are you a geologist?

Nah, I'm a computer science major. And I'm from the US, too. I just chose "rockman_x_2002" because on the first website I signed up an account for, "megaman_x_2002" was already taken. So I've kept the name since 2000 for ease of use. :)

However, I have had people tell me on occasion that I have rocks in my head. Would that count for being a geologist, too? :D