IGNORED

Who Are You Anyway, Atari 2600 Fan?

phitter

I originally tried to get to use Frogger on eBay because I liked the sound effects and colorful graphics of the Atari 2600 game. Unfortunately, the name was taken as was Froggger. EBay suggested I use Froggger1, which is not the name of a game. I instead compromised with Froggger2. I bought Frogger2 from Sears in the 1980s but lent it to a friend who lent it to someone else who never returned it. I replaced it several years ago with one I bought on eBay. The seller was amused to be selling Frogger 2 to Froggger2.

• Like 1

A friend was playing a silly Robyn Hitchcock song that got stuck in my head ("Superman, superman, crunchy little superman . . ." ) and it seemed as good a name as any when I was setting up an email account a long time ago. It just kinda stuck and so I use it pretty much everywhere online I go these days.

The avatar just seemed appropriate.

Edited by crunchysuperman

grimbasement is Game Room In My Basement.

I built a classic arcade in my basement. Unfortunately when I decided yardwork at the house was too much to handle and bought a condo I had to sell off everything with an exception of a Crazy Climber cocktail.

For a looksee at the old arcade vist my poorly designed webpage. the pics are at the bottom of the page.

Since I no longer have space for the 300 pound behemoths I have really added to my Atari console collection and need to update my Atari page to add content other than my fanboy pictures with Nolan Bushnell.

I use to use the initials ZAP on the high score list at the arcade. When I got into the C=64 scene I ran the BBS Forbidden Planet which was set up like a Space Cruiser orbiting the Forbiden Planet. Of couse I was the Captain(Captain Zap). When I got my initial internet connection in 2001 I couldn't use Captain Zap since all the versions I tried were already taken (Posers all!). So I had to come up with a new name.

Neo=New

Tokeo=Tokyo

2001 was added because Neotokeo was already taken. I still prefer Captain Zap, It has history. For those who know, Yes, That Captain Zap was me.

A friend and I were en route to a concert one day, and we decided that we'd try to scam our way backstage by posing as writers/editors of a 'zine. We were wracking our brains for a plausible 'zine title when we passed a car marked "student driver." She and I actually got backstage with the ruse, too.

A year or so later, I actually did a 'zine, and named it Student Driver. The name has tended to get stuck onto every project I've done since then, and when I finally decided to divest myself of a God-awful-Gothy username I'd been toting around since the mid-80s, it seemed most appropriate.

My username explained!!!

Dragnerok = Some word I use in place of ragnerok a.k.a. the end of the world in norse mythology but I made up the word so I can use it whenever I'm speaking german. (I live in the U.S. however, I know just a little german)

"Ich kann Deutsch sprechen."

X = ten

So Dragnerok X = The tenth end of the world in germany (I'm not sure how that fits together :roll:)

--Dragnerok X

Captain Beard is my nom de rock - I sing for The OuttaToons, the best all cartoon song cover band in the Midwest - and I was so named because (wait for it) I have a beard.

True story.

The cartoon cover band connection is also why I chose the Gigantor image for my avatar - we had just learned the Gigantor theme the week I joined this forum.

Edited by Captain Beard

I tend to go with MattG. as of lately which is my real initials (MAG actually). When I made my account on atariage my e-bay account was snyper2099 and I suppose my real reasoning was so that people knew it was the same person. Snyper2099 came from a few different places. I was into comics as a kid and enjoyed spiderman2099 quite a bit. I was told they used the number in a few other Marvel comics as well. Snyper was my "tag" as a graffiti artist years ago.

Edited by MattG/Snyper2099