IGNORED

ADVENTURE 2

rjchamp3

At this point some pre-orders are months and months old, so "first batch" is probably every last one Al makes. :D Eagerly awaiting mine as one of them!

My Order:

Products

1 x 2005 Holiday Reindeer Rescue Cart

- Reindeer Rescue: Free With $50 Purchase $0.00

1 x Solar Plexus

- Cartridge Color: Blue $22.50

1 x Adventure II $42.00

2 x Box Bags $16.00

Sub-Total: $80.50

Tax: $0.00

United States Postal Service (1 x 3.7lbs) (Priority Mail): $8.05

Total: $88.55

Status History & Comments

12/11/2005 Received

12/11/2005 Processing

...I guess I have to hunt down my 5200 in storage, don't use it anymore, the 2600 gets the most use.

16 month wait and well worth it! Bring'em on Al!

At this point some pre-orders are months and months old, so "first batch" is probably every last one Al makes. :D Eagerly awaiting mine as one of them!

The first ones are over a year old ;)

Mine is one of them.

Same here along with other goodies I orderd

I am starting work this week on physical production of the game (that is, making cartridges). It will be soon now. :)

..Al

Since this has got to be the most anticipated homebrew release, it might be a good idea to take a couple of quick photos during the production for historical purposes. Cafeman's website gives a detailed account of the actual programming, and I think it would be interesting to detail what goes on from a production side as well.

Just a thought...

-Ron

Edited by Scihorror

I am starting work this week on physical production of the game (that is, making cartridges). It will be soon now. :)

..Al

Since this has got to be the most anticipated homebrew release, it might be a good idea to take a couple of quick photos during the production for historical purposes. Cafeman's website gives a detailed account of the actual programming, and I think it would be interesting to detail what goes on from a production side as well.

Just a thought...

-Ron

I think that's a great idea!

Here are some pictures I just took (I'm about to send an Adventure II update to everyone who pre-ordered the game):

Glued and folded boxes:

a2_boxes.jpg

Atari 5200 boards prepped and awaiting the Adventure II EPROM:

a2_boards.jpg

Cleaned 5200 cartridge shells:

a2_shells.jpg

Final version of Adventure II binary undergoing testing:

a2_testing.jpg

Box, manual and cart:

a2_game.jpg

..Al

Could this be the first game to be considered "retro" at it's release date???...

Time to dust off the 5200 and make sure the controllers work. Almost as much anticipation as when I first got Pacman for the 2600. Although I know the disappointment factor after turning it on for the first time will never be what I experienced with Pacman. My parents said I had too many carts already and bet I couldn't even remember every game I had so why did I need another. So I memorized all my carts (30 or so) and within an hour shouted off every game I owned. Never did tell them about the whole disppointment thing. My dad did say "Well that doesn't look the same" and of course I had let him know it was "just as fun though..." yeah right.

So for idiots like me that ordered it... ohhhhh... today.. :|

what kind of time frame am I looking at?

End of the month shipment for the pre-orders. Don't know if you were lumped in with the pre-orders. Looks like I made it under the wire. :D