IGNORED

ADVENTURE 2

rjchamp3

Hope it becomes available in the store again

need a reason to keep my 5200

Don't worry, it'll be in the store again as soon as I get all these orders shipped. I just needed to put a stop to the orders while I'm working on them to make it a bit easier to get all caught up.

Having said that, turns out that none of the 16K 2600 games (about a third of the ones in that pile pictured above) worked properly. Which means I have to redo all of those from scratch (about 50 games). Most of these were Reindeer Rescues from the 2005 Holiday Sale. That's what I get for using a nice batch of brand new Toshiba 16K EPROMs. :(

I did get all the other games in carts and labeled though, so I am making good progress. Next step is to get all the 5200 games (nearly all of which are Adventure II) into carts and then test and label them. :)

..Al

Good Show Albert. I think I speak for all of us in that we really appreciate your hard work.

Manufacturing is a tough gig, and you are at the tedious mind numbing assembly stage. My hat's off to you!

Here's an update.. This weekend I cleaned about 125 5200 carts, which first involved scrubbing them with Goo Gone (mainly the label area, but also the back). Then I disassembled all the carts and removed their guts (screw, metal spring, PCB, and the two plastic dust cover pieces). This is in preparation for scrubbing all the carts with a plastic brush under running water, which I will be doing today and tomorrow. This is to get rid of any dirt that's in the plastic "fins" along the sides, wince those things are magnets for dirt. The top and back of the cart also gets scrubbed. Then after the carts dry (about 24 hours) I can then put the boards in the carts (along with the other parts I previously removed), test and label them.

Each step brings me a bit closer to shipping these bad boys. :)

..Al