IGNORED

ADVENTURE 2

rjchamp3

I wouldn't fret too much over it. Now that Albert has completed his massive production run I would imagine new orders would go out pretty quick. Back when he lived in Austin I would get an order the very next day since I live in neighboring San Antonio :) He has since moved of course :(

BTW, thanks go out to everyone involved in this project. It involved alot of hard work and it is most appreciated!

tjb

BTW, thanks go out to everyone involved in this project. It involved alot of hard work and it is most appreciated!

tjb

Seconded :thumbsup:

Tripled!

I got mine last night. I had a long, long day at work. Trudged in well after midnight, and what do I see on the coffee table, but a box from Atari Age! It competely made my day.

tjb

Seconded :thumbsup:

Tripled!

I got mine last night. I had a long, long day at work. Trudged in well after midnight, and what do I see on the coffee table, but a box from Atari Age! It competely made my day.

I can relate, the delivery guy put it in my hand right after the cable company left and didn't fix my connection. I was pi$$ed, but yes a box from Atariage will sure cheer you up!!

I hope everyone involved with the creation of this game are extremely proud of themselves. Everything from the Manual to the Game-Play is absolutely brilliant. Atari themselves couldn't have created something this awesome. May you sell thousands of copies (and get Al help making them) ;)

• 1 month later...

To my surprise...

The Redemption 7800 adapter... worked like a champ.

The Adventure II cart, works like a champ.

Whatever else you might say about Al... (and I might say a LOT)... he *is* as honest as the day is long.

You need both of these items, and there probably is no better place to purchase them than from here, regardless of my opinion of the proprietor. There is nothing like playing on the real hardware, the real game, the way things were meant to be.

And that *is* a compliment, regardless of if anyone reads this or not.

I haven't really had enough time to sit down with the classic stuff and put some milage on it since I arrived at the new house.

But along those lines, was a final .rom of Adventure 2 ever released? I'd rather keep my cart safe in plastic wrap and the original box and play a rom image from my 128-in-1 cart. A link would be appreciated.

I haven't really had enough time to sit down with the classic stuff and put some milage on it since I arrived at the new house.

But along those lines, was a final .rom of Adventure 2 ever released? I'd rather keep my cart safe in plastic wrap and the original box and play a rom image from my 128-in-1 cart. A link would be appreciated.

I'd like to do the same thing, but no final rom has been released yet.

I'd like to do the same thing, but no final rom has been released yet.

I don't think it ever will be either at Atari's wishes.

Is Atari/Infogrames acting pissy about the game again, now?

I mean, the *important* thing is the cart, and that cat is already out of the bag. Eventually, a rom image *will* show up. Too late to put that Genie back in the bottle.

I hope they're not giving you a bad time, Cafeman. Hopefully any official ROM release delay has more to do with them trying to work out a deal with you to include it on the bundled titles on the FB-3. :)

Nobody is giving me a hard time. Don't be Paranoid! ;) I think Atari/Infogrames has acted pretty fairly to be honest, lets not malign them, especially since they seem to be bleeding all their money away. Anway, the purpose of my new post .....

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200d...dventureII.html

I updated the Adventure II 5200 site with 6 new demos which chronicle the game's development from around 2003 right up to May 2007. Those who want to play Adventure II on their emulator of choice or on flash-cart, check out the last two demos in that list.

Edited by Cafeman

There are a couple secrets in the game, not sure which you refer to. Do you mean help finding the 3 bat eggs? Or finding the Dragon Trap that the manual mentions? Or the secret screen with the obligatory message? I'm not telling! Let somebody else spill the beans if they want to.

Here's a hint though: you cannot find all 3 bat eggs in every game variation. You have to play on a vast level (such as level 9) to find all three because two of the screens where each is hidden don't exist in the small 2-kingdom variations. One of them is , IMHO, very easy to spot. If a creature is on the screen an on-screen 'dot' changes color and you'll spot it pretty quickly. Once you do grab all three, then you need to follow a path which previously would not let you go that way. I think I read that somebody found it a while back already.

There are a couple secrets in the game, not sure which you refer to. Do you mean help finding the 3 bat eggs? Or finding the Dragon Trap that the manual mentions? Or the secret screen with the obligatory message? I'm not telling! Let somebody else spill the beans if they want to.

Here's a hint though: you cannot find all 3 bat eggs in every game variation. You have to play on a vast level (such as level 9) to find all three because two of the screens where each is hidden don't exist in the small 2-kingdom variations. One of them is , IMHO, very easy to spot. If a creature is on the screen an on-screen 'dot' changes color and you'll spot it pretty quickly. Once you do grab all three, then you need to follow a path which previously would not let you go that way. I think I read that somebody found it a while back already.

I may be stupid, but I couldnt figure out how to change the main character's sprite. Are there other things of that nature?