IGNORED

The Drama Continues.. Part Two

ItsAtariTime

You have to be a ebay hawk if you want to grab these fromt he other Atari hawks.

I am sure we will all see it again.. in the near future.. :roll:

Does he have auto refresh software that refreshes ebay or do you have to sit there hitting the button? ;)

I guess to be the King of the resellers.. you have to have complete control of the Ebay Land!! :grin:

I could be wrong about this, but I think that the buyer is a person who pretty much has his eBay business as his primary vocation (he is also a collector, too), so he is uber-vigilant with the listings. Other people are, too, so, yep, you gotta hit those search results via BIN very routinely and hope your quicker on the clicker. It's the wild wild west out there!

Of course, someone could be mean and let the seller know just what was going on and try to disrupt the sale. Just mentioning it because it has happened in the past... :ponder:

I could be wrong about this, but I think that the buyer is a person who pretty much has his eBay business as his primary vocation (he is also a collector, too), so he is uber-vigilant with the listings. Other people are, too, so, yep, you gotta hit those search results via BIN very routinely and hope your quicker on the clicker. It's the wild wild west out there!

Of course, someone could be mean and let the seller know just what was going on and try to disrupt the sale. Just mentioning it because it has happened in the past... :ponder:

Now that would piss me off!! :x

To do something like that is beyond ethical!! :mad:

True indeed unfortuantly it's a global village and every village has it's idiots.

True indeed unfortuantly it's a global village and every village has it's idiots.

Well, it looks like a village idiot did just as you said :x

So I guess there are some unethical people here on AA that would contact the seller after the auction.. how can you live with yourself? Was it worth it? :roll:

Step on people for a $250.00 game? :ponder:

Here is the link in the sold auctions...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATARI-7800-TANK-COMMAN...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by ItsAtariTime

Wow, that sucks for stlouisrams2006. I've bought stuff from him 18 times in the last two years and I always feel I've gotten good deals. Sadly my comment about outside interference has come true. I don't know if it was someone who scans these boards on AA or just an unscrupulous person from another part of cyberspace, but it's too bad that people are screwing each other over just to get a game. I was patient and watched eBay for 2 or 3 years until I found a Tank Command to buy. Anyhow, if it was someone who scans this forum, this unfortunately highlights what might perhaps become a good policy: if you see that someone got a good deal on an eBay auction, don't post the link for a week or so. (I'm thinking that crap like this wouldn't happen if people had to actually search through the completed listings too looking for auctions to horn in on.) Please don't think I'm saying this to come down on you, ItsAtariTime, but it is a voluntary policy we could try amongst ourselves.

if you see that someone got a good deal on an eBay auction, don't post the link for a week or so. (I'm thinking that crap like this wouldn't happen if people had to actually search through the completed listings too looking for auctions to horn in on.) Please don't think I'm saying this to come down on you, ItsAtariTime, but it is a voluntary policy we could try amongst ourselves.

I would have to say.. I agree. However I never thought someone would stoop so low as to try to unhinge a sold auction.

I like to look at the sold .. ie. BIN's because it is cool to see some of the deals..and it's amazing what gets picked up. Maybe I should start sending out e-mails offering more $$.. looks like it does happen. :x

However no game is that important, to force me to become that unethical ...well maybe a couple ;) ie: the 10's :cool:

Anyway stlouisrams2006, if this thread caused the auction to go south.. I appoligize. Never meant that to happen. |icon_innocent.gif

I dont post a lot but watching and going to several different video game sites anyone that looks at the truth knows that video game collecting has become a very cuthroat business. Yes there are a lot of good collectors and gamers who are 100 percent in it for the love of it and have spent many years building collections..But in all platforms there are the jealous and new collectors who think they have to have complete collections right now..and they cant stand it when someone gets a good deal..Im more into nes and see over and over new collectors jumping all over the rare stuff only to end up selling it because they cant pay their credit card bills....In my own opinion ruining the auction in question was a dirty thing to do. The seller put a Bin and if the seller was to lazy to research the values thats their fault..Now if there wasnt a bin and someone trys to take advantage of the seller offering a lowball offer fully knowing the value thats a different story..

Guess the overall theme is collecting and gaming is susposed to be fun not a competion.

When I BIN a great deal on a game, I never make noise about it until I have it in hand. I have even gone so far as to warn the seller that they may get offers that they had better ignore. If you do it right away they'll reply with "oh, I'd never do that" which they then hopefully feel more obligated to stick to when the offers do come.

However, I have tried to derail closed auctions when it is obvious that it was the buyer who emailed the seller, trying to take advantage of the seller's ignorance and getting them to add a crazy-low BIN or "end early to sell to the high bidder at the current price" - in these cases the seller and eBay are both getting screwed and the seller deserves to hear about it... If they cancelled all bids before ending then at least they are not risking a neg or grief from eBay by backing out...

However, I have tried to derail closed auctions when it is obvious that it was the buyer who emailed the seller

Why in the **** do you feel you need to get involved in an auction or deal you had nothing to do with? :roll:

If the seller sold an item for less than you think it was worth.. that is the sellers issue.. not yours!! :x

The seller has the ability to check past auctions to see what the value of just about any item would be at auction time. If it hasn't sold on ebay.. google is also available. It is the SELLER who should price the items..if they price it to low ..so be it!

If a buyer offers to buy an item and the seller places a BIN.. the buyer buys and the seller sells.. at an agreed upon price. If it lower than what you would have paid.. that a bummer.. but it is a done deal.. with both parties happy until you stick your nose in the middle.

To me that is not right.. why is it your business if a seller is to lazy to check values? :x

However, I have tried to derail closed auctions when it is obvious that it was the buyer who emailed the seller

Why in the **** do you feel you need to get involved in an auction or deal you had nothing to do with? :roll:

(this was a question asked of a current Bally auction with Treasure Cove in it. If the seller had responded with a "worth to me personally price" I would assume the next email would be "well, how about if I just offer you that right now and you close the auction?" Fortunately the seller didn't do it that way.)

I really want this, but I can't wait 10 days. Still, I am afraid that if you post a buy-it-now, I won't be online and someone else will get it! Yikes! My question: would you mind telling me how much these items are worth to you personally? This way, I can estimate how much I should expect to spend.

I get what lemoncurry is saying. I don't blame him for wanting to derail behavior like that. It's very frustrating to see an auction, take the time to decide how much would be a good bid and get back and see that someone had persuaded the seller into a lowball BIN. It screws ME over. It screws other potential bidder's over. It screws the seller over. It's behavior that circumvents the rules of the auction envrironment. Granted, it's just one turd floating in a sea of turds, but apparently there can be some vigilante justice for it. I'm happy to hear that people who notice it sometimes take the time to do something about it. I wasn't aware there was anything that could be done about it; now that I am aware, I'm glad.

However, doing what someone just did to StLouisRams is not cool, (unless he had just persuaded the seller into offering the BIN, then it's frackin poetic.). I've bought from him in the past, too (StLRams) and, though pricey, the stuff I got from him was in great shape and shipped quickly.

Edited by Mezrabad

Ok.. so what I am hearing..

Seller sets an auction

Buyer contacts seller to see if they will put on a buy it now

Seller puts up the buy it now

Much lower than you would pay

Buyer buys it

Ticked off potential bidders contact seller to let them know they sold it too low.. trying to get the seller to stop the sale...

That's ok... :roll:

Seller sets an auction

Sells the item way below market price ( Either buyer ask's for BIN or offers $$ for BIN) or the seller just priced it low.

Buyer Buys

Potential Bidders send e-mail to Seller to stop sale since they think the buyer ask's for a BIN.

No difference..the deal is still done.

In this case the seller sold the item to Stlouisrams.. the deal should have stuck..

However based on what I am reading.. if some of you think the seller was asked for a BIN.. it is ok to try to undo the deal? That to me is still bad business.

Once the deal is done..it is done.. game over.. no pun intended.

Based on the time the new auction was sold.. it was a couple hours after the auction started.. so whoever broke this deal..might not have bought it anyway.

My question is why someone would pay $250.00 when one is listed @ $199.00? :ponder: