IGNORED

Benhecks new Atari Jaguar portable

Josh

Ben has done it again!!! I hope he considers doing a 5200 Portable or 7800 Portable in the future.

I tried get Ben to make me 5200 protable. He said the board was just too big, and could not do it. If anyone is able to make one, I am first in line.

What you probably could do is make a tablet-style 5200. You could get a large, laptop LCD screen and then stick the 5200 motherboard in a laptop-size case. The screen could either lay flat on top of this, or perhaps be on a hinge/swivel so it could be lifted up (laptop style). You could then have the cart port exposed somewhere along the sides, along with the controller ports (and of course have some sort of bult-in controller maybe).

..Al

Hi Chris,

Whatever you may think about the color scheme, the guy has got talent. That is not a bad setup at all.

Personally I think it's ghastly. Ugly, and it's not a patch on the other moulded plastic portable Jag for me.

However, each to their own, that's what I say.

As much as I don't go for emulators, a Jaguar emulator with USB adapter for the Jag pad would be great.

This unit actually looks so flat that I'd half expect some slot loading JagCD replacement drive to be in it!

The fact that the guy hates the Jag and is so wrong about it technically hardly endears it to me either...

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Hi Chris,

Whatever you may think about the color scheme, the guy has got talent. That is not a bad setup at all.

Personally I think it's ghastly. Ugly, and it's not a patch on the other moulded plastic portable Jag for me.

However, each to their own, that's what I say.

As much as I don't go for emulators, a Jaguar emulator with USB adapter for the Jag pad would be great.

This unit actually looks so flat that I'd half expect some slot loading JagCD replacement drive to be in it!

The fact that the guy hates the Jag and is so wrong about it technically hardly endears it to me either...

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Wow Justclaws is REALLY hard on that... Posting 3 times :D

Ben has done it again!!! I hope he considers doing a 5200 Portable or 7800 Portable in the future.

He mentions that the 5200 and 7800 have too many ICs to be done very easily. They also have fairly large circuit boards that would be difficult to trim down in size. Especially the 5200, which has a huge circuit board. If you think this Jaguar portable is big, a 5200 portable would be about as large as the C64 luggable Commodore sold! :D

..Al

Too bad. That would be awesome.

• 2 months later...

Looks too big to me. Not small enough to rate as a portable more like a tablet imho. Love the screen. Looks like the resolution is awesome. Does not look like it would be easy to play though and I agree a Pro Controller should have been the way to go here. Nice job though but I would not have wasted my time unless I could have got it alot smaller.

Edited by The Helper