IGNORED

AVC Online

• 2 years later...
Atari Video Club's website move is almost done just have a few more pages to go

but if you want a sneak preview of the site most of the main pages are up now.

go to http://avc.atari-users.net  and watch for more news soon.

(also the current issue of the Atari Zone fanzine is done)

Dan Iacovelli

Atari Video Club/Jaguar Community United Chairperson

AVC Online has had overhaul and a new look(sort of).

The back issues pages are not linked to the updated to site yet

since I'm working on reworking on them. (should be up soon)

the old back issue pages are still up just no linked.

• 2 weeks later...
Atari Video Club's website move is almost done just have a few more pages to go

but if you want a sneak preview of the site most of the main pages are up now.

go to http://avc.atari-users.net  and watch for more news soon.

(also the current issue of the Atari Zone fanzine is done)

Dan Iacovelli

Atari Video Club/Jaguar Community United Chairperson

AVC Online has had overhaul and a new look(sort of).

The back issues pages are not linked to the updated to site yet

since I'm working on reworking on them. (should be up soon)

the old back issue pages are still up just no linked.

The AVC News Stand is offically up now and linked to the main site

Also since it will be a while before I get every issue up the old back issues

pages are now linked via the news stand.

The first three issues up at the news stand are the first ,second, and last jagfest issues (not listed let on the site is the VGS program (but is listed at cafepress.com))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first three issues up at the news stand are the first ,second, and last jagfest issues (not listed let on the site is the VGS program (but is listed at cafepress.com))

Added the third Jagfest issue to the news stand today

The forth Jagfest issue went up on the news stand today

(the remianing fest issues (# 5 and #6) will go up aprox 10 days apart (#5 =Oct 8th #6 = Oct 18th) After that I will begin work on the regular issues

(which will most likely be a combo of two issues since most of them are only 12 pages long (some that are not will remain the a single)

this for cafepress versions only )

• 3 weeks later...

The AVC News Stand is now open for business.

All 7 Jagfest issues are now up at cafepress.com

the programs from VGS(03 and 04) are now listed

at the news stand.

Back issues(of the regular Atari Zone newsletters) will be added soon to cafepress.com in a new magazine called

"Into The Zone" (back issues that are 12 pages or less will be combined, back issues that over 12 pages will not be combined but will still be called

"Into The Zone" at cafepress.com but will be called "the Atari Zone" in normal print and pdf versions(I should point out that "Into the Zone" will only be sold at cafepress.com(no subscriptions) but The Atari Zone newsletters will still be available as always.

I'll have a full Press Release tomarow with more details.

(the news stand can be viewed at AVC Online)

Atari Video Club Officially Opens News Stand

For Immediate Release:

October 18th, 2004:

The Atari Video Club is proud to announce The Grand Opening of the AVC News Stand.

Dan Iacovelli, AVC/JCU Chairperson, started opening the news stand back in June of 2004 with the Final Jagfest issue, and later added the other 6 six Jagfest issues to the news stand every 10th day. The news stand is actually a reworked version of the old back issue pages from AVC online the clubs website (which is still accessible but only through the news stand).

The News Stand has images from the covers from the issues as well as full descriptions of the issues, plus an extra feature to the news stand is that fest issues are not only available in normal print versions (as they have been in the past) as well as in PDF form but will also be available at cafepress.com.

Currently as of this writing only the Jagfest issues are listed on the news

stand as well as the programs from our computer and video game trade show The Video Game Summit (the programs are only available thru Cafepress.com (the 2004 program is currently at the VGS shop at cafepress.com (http://www.cafepress.com/VGS) while the 2003 program is listed at AVC news stand at cafepress.com (http://www.cafepress.com/avcnews)

(this is where all the jagfest issues are at as well)).

AVC also announces plans for a new magazine only to be available thru

cafepress.com To be entitled "Into The Zone". This magazine is actually a

combination of 2 regular Atari Zone issues (Regular issues are

uaslly 12 pages long). Regular Atari Zone issues will still be available in

normal print and PDF forms) The first set of "Into The Zone" issues will

actually come from the back issues of the Atari Zone (while there are a few back issues that are more 12 pages long they won't be combined but will still be called "Into The Zone" for the cafepress edition (the normal version will be called "the Atari Zone").

"Into The Zone" is most likely to debut some time early next year (it won't be available by subscription though but the Atari zone issues will still be) The AVC News Stand can be viewed by going to AVC Online

(http://avc.atari-users.net) and clicking on the button that will take you to

news stand site.

End Release

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The newly formated Atari Bowl pages is now up at AVC online.

Atari bowl (formerly known as AtariMania) is now a team competition instead of the top ten. for more information please check out the Atari Bowl pages at AVC online. Registration begins on Dec 1st games begin on Jan 8th.

just a quick reminder that registration begins today for AtariBowl

just go to AVC online click on the ataribowl button and then click on the link at the top of the atari bowl main page to the league you want to join (theres an e-mail link on the bottom)

only one person per league.

• 10 months later...

I have decided to give AVC Online a major over haul and now I'm proud to say thats it's finally done:

what changed: the main page has been modified better look(still in black background and red text(the ticker is still there))

the club information page has been changed also.

The calandar page is changed.

News page still the same.

Atari Bowl section has been changed(see below)

whats gone: the AVC newstand section has been dropped and changed it back to the orginal Back issues pages but they now have links to two seperate newstands links: one is a link to paypal shopping cart to order jagfest issues via paypal, the other is link straight to cafepress.com.

now on to AtariBowl 2006:

the whole format of the competion has been revamped.

it's still a team competition, but now theres only two leagues Icons and Avatars.

plus now teams feature all 5 systems in squads and each squad consists of 3 players and each play one a week. for more information please see the ataribowl

section at the website.(it's too much to mention here)

• 10 months later...

I didn't feel like doing a new topic:

So I figured to add it the one about the website.

Just want to tell you that in 1 week the The VGS Section will open up at the AVC Newstsand at cafepress.com

I'm still working on adding a few items(revising the current t-shirts with dates from the last three shows and slogans as well) there will be one change that will noticed right away though:

All VGS Programs will have a lower price then what they are now, this is because for my mark up I am just adding the cost of printing to it(as if Iwas printing it myself) Also on the matter of pricing: the VGS items will be changed on some items since I'm basicly only asking 10% of the base price for markup ie: a dark collered t-shirt cost 18.99 on base

10% of that 1.89 the total cost will be 20.89. (.10 cent less then what I was selling them for)

Speaking of dark t-shirts: the VGS T-shirt will be in two colors the orginal Black color and now in the new Red color

(it looks real good in red too)

The Jagfest T-shirts also come in the same two colors,I however had to change thext from red to Black to show up

on the red shirt(btw: I redid the Text too, the first way doesn't look great, the new text is simlar but it more clear and ledge able).

on the subject of Jagfest: I'm working on adding an unoffical tour T-shirt with the Jagfest on tour logo on the front

and a list of all the cities,states and countries on the back with the dates of each fest stop(I basicly know most of the US

and some of the overseas locations(at least up to 2004),if you know of the locations PM me(this is basicly for overseas since Ido know every US stop including 2007).

The shirt is planned to be released by MGC in june.(I don't know if I will be selling them or not over there but I'm prob be taking orders)

just bumping this topic:

1. the AVC news stand is set for opening tomarrow(expect it to be re-open at 11pm tonight(12mid ET))

2. I just found out that Kodak easy share requires me to make a purchase to store my pictures there. So I'm go back to the way

doing in links and store them on site or move them to shuttlefly

which is basicly the same as kodak but doesn't require to make purchase.

just bumping this topic:

1. the AVC news stand is set for opening tomarrow(expect it to be re-open at 11pm tonight(12mid ET))

2. I just found out that Kodak easy share requires me to make a purchase to store my pictures there. So I'm go back to the way

the store is now open: you can go to http://www.cafepress.com/avcnews

to visit the shop it self or you can go to the News Stand page at:

http://avc.atari-users.net/index_files/newsstand.html

and click on the links that that will show other parts of the news stand(as well featured items)

just bumping this topic:

the store is now open: you can go to http://www.cafepress.com/avcnews

to visit the shop it self or you can go to the News Stand page at:

http://avc.atari-users.net/index_files/newsstand.html

and click on the links that that will show other parts of the news stand(as well featured items)

It's seems once again I hit a snag in cafepress shop.

I had two really cool T-shirts up at the AVC section

and now because of copy rights I'm forced to take them down

(because they had Atari on it(I think it was the logo, I'm going to e-mail Atari first though,before Idecied to rework the design),the same dang thing happened to me when Ifirst opened the news stand with the Jagfest items)

• 5 weeks later...

just a quick note on the VGS section of the news stand.

White VGS t-shirts will now de done in two versions:

Version 2 Shirts (as I call them): are shirts with a multi colored Logo(based on the 2003 and 2005 logo) and the back of the shirt has the slogan combined from 2003 and 2006.

Version 1 shirts: havea tri-colored logo on the front and the slogan from 2006

Currently, Version 2 shirts are from 2003 to 2005(I'll be working on 2006

sunday)

Version 1 shirts is currently from 2006,I'm planning to add 2003 to 2005

soon.

All hats will remain in Version 1 format(tri-colored logo)

more dark colored shirts will be added in the future.

(on another subject,but about the club: If anybody is interested I'll be at the telenet chat room from 4pm to 7pm(CT) and you ask me about the club or just chat)

• 2 months later...

just wanted to let you know that AVC's Atari Bowl Gaming competition restarts next month.

Here is some new details on it:

1.this is mostly football games based(since thats the most common game in the sytems(2600 to jaguar)

2. points are awared by both wins against teams and against computer.

for more information visit http://avc.atari-users.net/AtariBowl.html

good luck to all who enter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just wanted to let you know that AVC's Atari Bowl Gaming competition restarts next month.

Here is some new details on it:

1.this is mostly football games based(since thats the most common game in the sytems(2600 to jaguar)

2. points are awared by both wins against teams and against computer.

for more information visit http://avc.atari-users.net/AtariBowl.html

good luck to all who enter

just reminding you about AVC's gaming competition,still time to sign up.

just bumping this up abit:

realized I forgot to put a link to register for the competition

so I figured to use eventbrite to make upa form for it.

I have it linked on the game schedule page of atari bowl.

it can also be found at http://ataribowl.eventbrite.com

Normal football season may have ended but the Atari Video Club's Atari Bowl(which uses Football type games)

will begin tomarrow sign continues till end of feb 28th)

I changed the location the of link to sign up on the Atrari Bowl pages,

it can be seen now on every atari bowl page

(I replaced the link to the rules page with registration page(eventbrite) also I added a link to

rules page to registration page (along with links to the league pages )

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 4 weeks later...

Staring today and until 5-1-07 the following items have been discounted by 5% at the Video Game Summit Section of the AVC news stand:

Tote Bag

All Buttons(normal and mini)

Mini Button (10 pack)

All Stickers(Bumper,Rectrange and Oval)

Mug

After May 1st, these items will be removed fro the shop.(Also in the coming months new items will be added to the Jagfest section as well as the AVC section as well(Women dark shirts have been added already to all three sections) be sure to check out the News Stand cover page for featued items: http://avc.atari-users.net/index_files/newsstand.html or just go to http://www.cafepress.com/avcnews for everything else.

• 2 weeks later...

quick bump(re:Jagfest on tour products)

I added 4 new products to Jagfest section of the AVC news stand today.

the products are:

Limited Edition white Jagfest Tour t-shirt: front of shirt has the jagfest on tour logo below that in red is the words"1997 to 2007 from US to OverSeas" back of the shirt has smaller version of logo and below that also in red is all the known Jagfest dates and locations(US and overseas) from 1997 to current

White Jagfest On tour cap

Jagfest on tour Trucker cap

Black Jagfest on tour cap

the caps have the small JFOT logo below that in red is the words"1997 to 2007"

all items are currently on sale til august 1st(base price + 5%)

after that they will go up another 5%

The limted edition Tour shirt will remain in the shop until Novemeber 7th

then they will be removed(everything else will remain)

Also I will be selling a limited supply of the tour shirts (large only) at MGC in june (or taking orders when they run out as for other jagfest on tour items)

a shirt and a selected cap will be used for prize in the gorf tourney as well. visit the jagfest section of the news stand at: http://www.cafepress.com/avcnews/1338959 for these or any other Jagfest On tour items

Edited by Dan Iacovelli