IGNORED

Favorite Video Game Theme Song?

narutofan

What? Come on the answer is clearly Zelda. I've only ever played 1 Zelda game for longer than an hour and I hate the NES, but even I can't see how this doesn't get every vote. Second is clearly "Battlefield" or "Lovers" from Space Harrier. :)

Edited by Atarifever

What? Come on the answer is clearly Zelda.

That's my runner up

First that comes to mind is Pengo, though it's probably not the best overall I think it's a good one from that era, as is Frogger.

Ultima III had some good music as well. Did any of those pieces have names, or were they all original (except for a hint of Hail Britania)?

Tough call picking one as my favorite. However, I woul definitely have to give honorable mention to "Lazy Generation" by the F-Ups, used as the theme song for Burnout 3: Takedown. Nowadays it seems what counts as "video game music" is often just a collection of random songs picked from a bunch of bands nobody's heard of (which means they were probably cheap labor). But this song is not only good, it perfectly captures the attitude of an awesome game. I can't help but let the intro play all the way through every time I load up B3, and the theme music has a lot to do with that.

What? Come on the answer is clearly Zelda.

Doubly so because of the story behind it.

They were going to use Bolero when almost at the very last minute they found out it was recent enough that it was still under copyright. So someone quickly whipped out a new theme song which became instantly memorable.

The Mario theme is up there in greatness too ("Do the Mario!" from the TV show helped it), but the story behind the Zelda theme, that it almost didn't happen, is what makes it the best.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin