IGNORED

Check out my basement Gameroom-Updated 4/8 (page 2 post #47)

Crazy Climber

I'm impressed that you are a fellow Jim Beam drinker.........We are a dying breed.

You got that right man, I love the stuff :lust: me and two of my friends are the only ones that will touch it at my party's. Everybody else says NO WAY or asks for Jack Daniels.......I don't get what the big deal about JD is, if you ask me Beam tastes much better and is about half the price.

I'll drink to that :D

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you get that Mario pinball for? I've been looking for one.

Here's the original link but it looks like the add is no longer availible to look at

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...c=91755&hl=

I can't quite remember, I think I paid $950 but it might have been $1050. I remember the first time the guy tried to sell it he wanted like $1750 but I just kept watching it for about a year until it dropped to a reasonable price.

Nice looking room! It's amazing how much you were able to get in there. :cool:

You were looking at the room??? :lust:

I was thinking the same thing!!!!

Love the paneling though, I might have to do that with the project my wife and kids begun. The kids are calling it Daddy's Arcade, my wife's going with "The Nerd Dungeon"

Very cool. I have a full bar set up in a bonus room I have and have always wanted a wall of video games and maybe a pinball (Dr Who preferably, Twilight Zone would be cool tho.) , unfortunately there's WAY too much other crap in that room right now.

Crazy Climber, I think you buy too many video games!! Maybe your next purchase should be a new couch? I think your girlfriend would like that :D

Very Funny Jamie :D

In case anyone thinks this post is weird let me explain. It would turn out that "D&D Warrior 2006" is none other than my Girlfriend Jamie. Looks like you got me :)

Got the Capcom Bowling I always wanted

post-9102-1166665815_thumb.jpg

It's not the cool dedicated one that was for sale in my area, I missed out on that one but It's an old Atari cab. Someone suggested it was Centipede in it's past life, looks like a match to me. I put the Neo-Geo behind the bar but it's starting to look crowded back there with 3 so I am going to do some changes. I might be able to use the whole other half of the basement to jam about 12 more cabs in but my Girlfriend would like me to give up my Atari collecting in exchange.... :ponder: .....we were going to build a gym there, I would much rather have the arcade games :)

• 3 weeks later...

:ponder: .....we were going to build a gym there, I would much rather have the arcade games :)

I've got a smokin' compromise that your girlfriend is sure to go along with:

Instead of the "traditinal" gym, why not go HIGH-TECH? You could put in Track and Field for hand, wrist & rhythm; Galaga for hand/eye; Hang-On for balance and middle-body training; Dance Dance Revolution for lower body, and a Jim Beam dispenser for blowjobs. She'll LOVE IT!!!

Edited by Night Driver

and a Jim Beam dispenser for blowjobs.

1 Jim Beam dispenser.....check :ponder: !

and a couch (as Jamie requested) right next to the Jim Beam dispenser ;) !

Seriously, Climber great job.

Looking at those pictures of you and your friends using that room is what it is all about! I haven't gotten into collecting arcade games yet, but I've always said I would when I had the space. I'm in the process of buying a larger home and figure I'd start off by trying to build a MAME cab once we are settled.

Oh and Jamie...don't make him give up collecting, just go out and buy the equivalent value of jewelry the next time he makes a video game purchase!!! That should slow him down a bit! Remember you guys are going to get married so you have to learn to compromise!

Good luck with your rec room and future together. You guys look like you are having fun and that's what really matters.

- Sal

• 4 weeks later...

The more space the better :)

Seriously, I just finished the inside of my garage this last month. If you decided to stud and drywall that room I bet you would be done in a month and add that much more value to your home. You already have an amazing collection, that is a given. I think it cost me 200 in supplies to finish the entire garage (and build a workbench). Considering that is a smaller space, not too bad at all. Gets a little dusty when you are sanding but not awful. Heck, you could even panel it to match the other space in the basement. That would be WAY less work even :)

Looking good with the group in place :) Ladies that love arcades are the ladies to keep around!

Cassidy

• 2 months later...

Heres some updated shots of the main area, managed to squeeze a few more games in...

post-9102-1176063286_thumb.jpg

post-9102-1176063445_thumb.jpg

post-9102-1176063613_thumb.jpg

post-9102-1176063739_thumb.jpg

Disney Tetris is a blast, Even though the text is in Japanese.

I'd like to get a Double Dragon PCB for it as well :ponder:

post-9102-1176063953_thumb.jpg

Here is where the bar was, I ripped it out to build a new room which will include a restuarant style booth, etc...

Should be done by Summer I hope.

Let me know what you guys think of the updates, looks better? Looks worse? Be honest, I can take it :) Thanks.

Edited by Crazy Climber