IGNORED

Turbo / Atari 2600

xybot67

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
I had the chance to test the game and it isn't fun to play at all.

I think that's a bit harsh. In it's current state the game is rather hard and not the best game out there, but it's still got some fun in it. However I think when the game is FINALLY released people are going to be in for a bit of a let down unless someone fixes it up a bit first.

Tempest

I had the chance to test the game and it isn't fun to play at all.

I think that's a bit harsh. In it's current state the game is rather hard and not the best game out there, but it's still got some fun in it. However I think when the game is FINALLY released people are going to be in for a bit of a let down unless someone fixes it up a bit first.

Tempest

Well here is hoping the programing to fix it up still does happen. None the less this thing is gonna sell like mad just do to hype.

Hello All!!!

There will be some major news updates on Turbo coming up ;). I will let the others involved in this project talk about the updates. :)

I also want to thank all of you for being patient...... :)

Wonder007

I've (uhrr, finally) added Turbo to the database here and Matt has put up a quite thorough review of the game on AtariProtos.com. Here are the links:

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...areLabelID=2788

http://atariprotos.com/2600/software/turbo/turbo.htm

We'll be able to reveal additional information about a reproduction run of the game soon..

..Al

Sorry, this is the only review I've been sitting on. I don't have any other secret prototype reviews.

Words-Attack would be a nice addition.

Although playable, it's incomplete.

8)

Yeah I've been avoiding that one because I'm not sure what to make of it. I has a full production label and appears to have been released, but like everyone says, it plays like a prototype game. Until we figure out the origins of this one I'm more than happy to let it lie for now.

I do have some 8-bit and 7800 titles to get to still. Nothing special (all final versions with roms out there), but still I need to get to them.

Tempest

Sorry, this is the only review I've been sitting on. I don't have any other secret prototype reviews.

Words-Attack would be a nice addition.

Although playable, it's incomplete.

8)

Yeah I've been avoiding that one because I'm not sure what to make of it. I has a full production label and appears to have been released, but like everyone says, it plays like a prototype game. Until we figure out the origins of this one I'm more than happy to let it lie for now.

Well, Thomas found Home Vision data in it and Nukey found out that the game is unfinished, because it still has over 1K of free space left that could have been used for a valid 'word pool'.

Without that word pool, the game makes absolutely no sense to play.

Besides that, only one cart has ever been found during the past 25 years.

IMO a proto with a nice label that should be added to your site.

Anyway, back to Turbo:

Will the original, unaltered ROM be released as well?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter