IGNORED

Question - FB2 Portable?

I'll buy a portable FB2 as long as it has the onboard memory to DL games into it as a hold over\to help fund the FB3. A portable atari for $40 bucks sounds awesome just make sure Canada doesn't get screwed and get shipments 3 months after the USA this time. I'm talking to you ATARI

EDIT: Actually I'll buy 2x portable FB2 as I need one for my kids to play with also :)

Make sure the UK get some!! :x

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone, it is going to be a few more weeks before any information can be made public.

Depending on the scale of the project deadlines are on Fridays, at the end of the month or at the end of a quarter.

"A few more weeks" sounds like a medium-scale project = deadlines at the end of the month.

So we get to hear about this on the 1st of March or on the Fools Day 1st of April? Right? :cool:

Somehow the 1st of March sounds better.

--

Karri

I bought the FB2 and even posted pics of it in a shopping cart outside of Zellers. I said it and I did it, and I WILL buy this item, too!

Makes for an even BETTER gift, too! Although I LOVE the FB2, a smaller item would be better for casual gamers...

...until we make them...

...one of US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a question for everyone -

Would everyone be happy if there were a FB2 Portable handheld with 2.5" TFT and a USB connection to a PC to d/l games into it and perhaps push the FB3 back as a later release?

Curt

Hi Curt

yeah,certainly i would be happy,but i do not think,that Atari will do such a great thing.

greetings Walter :)

Have a question for everyone -

Would everyone be happy if there were a FB2 Portable handheld with 2.5" TFT and a USB connection to a PC to d/l games into it and perhaps push the FB3 back as a later release?

Curt

Seriously, if Atari produced an FB Portable that allowed the user to download the many already existing atari bin files out there on the internet, Atari's coolness factor in retro gaming would go up like a zillion points. Also, then you could download games you create yourself and homebrew games to play on the FB Portable.

I just discovered this thread today.

At that price ($40), maybe even $60, I would definitely buy one.

I don't want to impose my point of view, but what would make this device really cool is if it had the woodgrain look of the FB2.

eesh

no wood

no rainbows

no silver plate

just vader black with red buttons

imho

Edited by raskar42

just vader black with red buttons

A chrome trim package would be nice. Like an FB2 LX ;) (5.0?)

ok fine.

add spinning rims, pinstrips, flame decals and a spoiler too.

Now your talking! You had me worried with all that tasteful understated simplicity. Where's the "bling"? Jeez.

While we're at it, let's do interchangeable shells so you can vary the color, depending on your mood that day (today mine would be X-tRmE eletric FuXion).