IGNORED

Question - FB2 Portable?

I wouldn't mind waiting since I plan on getting both. But I'm much more interested in the FB3 than the FB2, only because I can already play 2600 game on my Sony PSP.

is there no Atari 8 bit emulator on the psp?

there is on the GP2X :D

Edited by mimo

Emulators are fine for a quick fix, but you can't match the play and the feel of the real thing. Having that 2600 joystick in your hand is the way to go.

agreed, but I cant afford to own all the systems, peripherals, and games that I want to play, and I simply don't have enough space for 5 arcade cabs!

hopefully one day the stella and prosystem on the gp2x will have joystick drivers, and I can use a stelladaptor :D

agreed, but I cant afford to own all the systems, peripherals, and games that I want to play, and I simply don't have enough space for 5 arcade cabs!

Not unless Curt turns them all into Flashback consoles :D Let me see now, a Flashback 7800, Flashback ST, Flashback Falcon, Flashback Star Wars arcade machine.....

Matt

You know what I thought would be a great idea, is if Atari sold brand new paddles and joysticks seperately. Most of my old joysticks have seen better days, and I usually end up just plugging in a Genesis controller (which have also seen better days).

You know what I thought would be a great idea, is if Atari sold brand new paddles and joysticks seperately.
There's a few new/old stock paddles and joysticks on ebay. I just got some Atari paddle 'clones' for £7.99/$16 inc shipping.

post-12382-1177762692_thumb.jpg

if i only had money i would love to get some paddles.

OMG, Atari's Star Wars was my all time absolute favorite arcade game. I'd love to own one of those machines.

Me too, don't know where I'd put it though. It would be great if they could squeeze the electronics into a joystick. I reckon a lot of 80's arcade machines could be 'Flashbacked'.

Edited by MRB

curt

how dare you make these and force me to buy 5-10 for friends. im willing to do it ;)

Sorry - I'll try harder in the future, I promise...

a few questions?

will it take thumb drive or micro usb?

Sorry, no it is a USB peripheral, not a USB Host device, you will load games through a special piece of software Atari has developed that will have our device support integrated into it.

will the light levels of the blacklit be adjustable?

It will be a constant backlight and the LCD glass we are using has excellent viewing angle range, no adjustments are necessary, it plays in almost all light levels.

will we beable to add a cart port also?

Sorry, no. USB Flash Ram only.

can the portable write to the usb?

It acts a peripheral device only, in game mode it is read only, in USB mode is acts as a thumbdrive on a Host PC Computer.

can then we dump carts to usb?

You will be able - through a piece of software to load/unload games to/from the unit.

will development software be included?

Yes, we are in discussions with several development tools authors and if we haven't gotten to anyone, please email me, the system should supply as much as possible to give all who buy one the ability to join in on programming.

manual for development software?

A supplied CD-ROM will contain all software and manuals.

will we beable to add a cart port also?

Sorry, no. USB Flash Ram only.

so if im reading this right we wont be able to add a 2600 cart port. booooo.

will the light levels of the blacklit be adjustable?

It will be a constant backlight and the LCD glass we are using has excellent viewing angle range, no adjustments are necessary, it plays in almost all light levels.

reason i ask is for battery life if the light is constantly on power will be wasted.

will it take thumb drive or micro usb?

Sorry, no it is a USB peripheral, not a USB Host device, you will load games through a special piece of software Atari has developed that will have our device support integrated into it.

so it has its own usb flash memory? not a choice to have more memory?

im losing that loving feeling

There's a few new/old stock paddles and joysticks on ebay.

Would be a whole lot cooler to buy official Atari ones from a store, though ;) Those joysticks that come with the Flashback 2.0 are pretty slick, even if they do try to unscrew themselves sometimes.

so it has its own usb flash memory? not a choice to have more memory?

An entire Atari commercial ROM collection is just a bit over 3 megs, so being able to upgrade it with, say, a 512MB SD card sounds a bit overkill to me =) I'm sure that whatever number Atari decides to go with will be more than adequate.

Edited by Asaki

Wait a second... I stopped reading this thread a (long) while back because I thought it was just a pie-in-the-sky dream. But it's actually happening? What are the specs on this? How many games will it hold? When will it be released and for how much? :-o