IGNORED

DS Rarities? Anyone Collect?

So far, Castlevania has been the only game I'm having difficulty getting. I've seen Phoenix Wright, etc around.

I play and collect DS titles. It's the first system I've played regularly in years. :)

So far I have...

1. Animal Crossing: Wild World

2. Advance Wars: Dual Strike

3. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

4. Super Mario 64 DS

5. NEW Super Mario Bros

6. Mario Kart DS

7. Star Fox Command

8. Megaman 5 Battle Network

9. Brain Age

10. Megaman ZX

11. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2

12. Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Final Fantasy III is coming up, which for $40 will be another blow to my wallet.

FF 3 may hit your wallet but if you play multiple times with different job classes, that game can last you MANY, MANY hours... you wouldn't need to buy another game for a while.

CastleVania will become more tough to find as it's sequel is due next month. I saw one at the local EB last night though, pre-owned copy mind you.

FF 3 may hit your wallet but if you play multiple times with different job classes, that game can last you MANY, MANY hours... you wouldn't need to buy another game for a while.

Well, at least it has been redone and spiffed up. I didn't bother ordering FF5 Advance because of the $35 price tag.

Trauma Center has had several reprints done... in town here, there are a lot of copies right now.

I wonder how the Bubble Bobble Revolution siatuation will turn out in terms of rarity. If they recall all the duds and replace them, the originals (duds) would be somewhat rarish.

How tough to find is Space Invaders? I know it was never released in Canada at EB or Walmart... some smaller retailers have had copies imported from the US though.

Bubble Bobble duds? I didn't hear about this, what happened?

Also SI is frequently in my area at KOHLS, Best Buy, etc... for 5 to 10 bucks. I could look next time I'm there if you still need one?

Oh, I just thought of something else....

Best Buy as Buy Two, Get One Free on select "Touch Generation" games. The only thing that bums me out is that the Elite Beat Agents game isn't on the list although it is a Touch Generation game. I see this deal online but am thinking it would be also available at the actual stores. Here is a link if anyone wants to check it out:

BEST BUY FREE GAME OFFER

Trauma Center has had several reprints done... in town here, there are a lot of copies right now.

I wonder how the Bubble Bobble Revolution siatuation will turn out in terms of rarity. If they recall all the duds and replace them, the originals (duds) would be somewhat rarish.

How tough to find is Space Invaders? I know it was never released in Canada at EB or Walmart... some smaller retailers have had copies imported from the US though.

Bubble Bobble duds? I didn't hear about this, what happened?

Also SI is frequently in my area at KOHLS, Best Buy, etc... for 5 to 10 bucks. I could look next time I'm there if you still need one?

Yup... play the 'New' but not so improved version of the game and get up to level 30... the boss never shows up and the game ultimately is broken at that point. The publisher was working on getting corrected carts out to stores (I have to assume a recall). They said it would take approx 8 weeks to get this done and the game released a little over a month ago.

Regarding Space Invaders... as tempting as that may be, I think I will sit tight and wait for the Taito Collection to come out for the PSP (I've seen the title mentioned on a released list or two so it may come out soon!).

That's true... Elektrolankton is a good one to consider... not only is it rarish but also a 'game' with a following.

What about Rainbow Six:Lockdown? I see it listed in a Nintendo Power Mag but I really don't recall seeing anything from the Tom Clancy games other than that ghastly Splinter Cell title.

Elite Beat Agents is part of the Buy Two, Get One Free BEST BUY deal that is going on. I believe it ends tomorrow. I bought the game along with two Nintendogs Dalmatian games, sold those on ebay and ended up getting my Beat Agent game for about $15.

Yep, I figured in all of the ebay and paypal fees and basically got the game I wanted for half price by selling the other two. Not too bad.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought of a DS rarity that I don't think was mentioned yet. It is very hard-to-find and brings decent cash on ebay. It's the Monopoly/Yahtzee/Boggle/Battleship game. I am unable to find it anywhere, Amazon has it listed but in addition to it being unavailable, I didn't even see one being sold used through the Amazon community thing.

Has anyone seen this game in a store lately? I realize it's not something most would look for and I don't really want it for it's great playability, just looking for DS rarities for my collection.

Does anyone have it?

I fell for Elf Bowling :x

What a total piece of shit that game was.

Yeah, it's a pretty bad game however is becoming very difficult to find. I have one in my collection but came across another and posted it on ebay with a best offer. You don't see this game sealed very often.

Elf Bowling 1&2

... Monopoly/Yahtzee/Boggle/Battleship ...

Does anyone have it?

Yep, and it's not all that bad. Pretty fun for a road trip, etc. if you like the "real" versions of those games. Found mine at Toys R Us for $9.99 at their last sale.

I found mine here:

Auction I Won

$15 each shipped isn't too bad. I actually already had two of the games so Elf Bowling and Big Brain Academy are going right back on ebay. So, if I get at least $15 each out of those then I only paid $15 each for the Monopoly...etc game and the Over The Hedge game.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm stocking up on sealed copies of Miss Spider's Harvest Time Hop & Fly and Elf Bowling 1 & 2.

I'll be a millionaire one day!

...word is bondage...

I recently found two Elf Bowling DS games in the bargain area of my local Best Buy. Bought for $9.99 plus tax....sold on ebay for $24.99 each.

I haven't seen Miss Spider at a retail store yet. I am getting it for XMAS though for collecting purposes. Actually, my 6 year old son is showing interest in the DS so maybe he will get some gameplay out of it.

I currently have 68 DS titles with another on the way from a deal with Breakpack so 69 it is! :D

• 3 weeks later...

So far, Castlevania has been the only game I'm having difficulty getting. I've seen Phoenix Wright, etc around.

Castlevania can be ordered from Amazon.com for $29.99 with FREE SHIPPING!!

CASTLEVANIA LINK

It looks as if Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow is out-of-print. At the time of the post I'm replying to, it was 29.99 direct from Amazon. That is where I got mine. Electroplankton is another that doesn't seem to be for sale any longer at retail stores or from the Nintendo online store. As for the Monopoly/Yahtzee/Boggle/Battleship DS game....that one is extremely hard-to-find. This one just ended on ebay this evening:

YIKES!! :o

84 DS games for me now thanks to the recent Target and Fry's Electronics sale.

Anyone know of any other rare titles for the DS?

Oh yeah, keep an eye out for Lost In Blue also, I have it but saw a used one at a Game Crazy for $11.99. Sold it for $45 on epay.