IGNORED

speaking of fraudulent activity!

Doc4

I bought a magnavox odyssey from this dude on ebay. It's been over a month since I paid, and he assures me that it is int he mail. I constantly see him bidding on more odyessy consoles and such. So my theory is that he tell people he has these things, sells high then buys them off someone else for cheap, receives his console in the mail then sends it to the person he sold it to. Sounds like a great scam except he has a bunch of negative feedbacks from this of people saying how long it takes for him to deliver. He still hasn't sent mine. Should I leave negative feedback?

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: Monster greifen an ]

That's up to you, I'd say at best leave a netural feedback if you get it soon. Be sure to mention something like "Buyer didn't have goods, Buyer purchased them after I won auction".

The only way anyone should think of doing this at all would be ordering from a place that does drop shipping straight to the customers. Even then they do run out and will have to back-order, that's why this business practice is a really bad idea.

i've got a similar problem with a guy in UK

it's been 90 days, since the first auction ended, 60 days since the first package was sent, and probably 30 days since he sent the second one ....

after one month he told me that some boxes may have disapeared and that he would send everything again ...

Negative feedback is warrented here! Ebay rules fully support a negative in these cases.

Even if the goods would pop up in the end, other potential bidders should be warned that these sellers use unacceptable selling and/or shipping methods.

Cheers,

Marco

[ 04-22-2002: Message edited by: Marco ]

I've encountered the same problem too with a french guy.

Bought an 800 XL and a Commodore K7 unit in December on Yahoo !!!!

This guy told me it was send and almost two month later after I ask him what happened with this lot seems surprised and argue that it was lost by the post but assure me that he has a second 800XL and was planning to send it.

Since today I'm still waiting

quote:

Originally posted by Monster greifen an:

what do you mean drop shipping? All I know is, this guy is trying to get me to hand over more money. And I'm P.O.ed. I just emailed him demanding my money back again. This guy is a jerk and a half!

Drop shipping is when a company allows the person that's placing a order to have it shipped somewhere other than their address. For example to someone who bought something they sold at auction.

I wouldn't sent him any more money, I would suggest that you file a complaint with eBay via their online form.

It´s quite uncommon that mail get lost in the first place, but to be on the safe side ask the seller if he can send the package with a tracking. If he refuses or comes up with a lame excuse why he can´t, you might think he´s up to no good. Just a thought.

/Bez

quote:

I just sent him an email last night anyway, asking for my money back. He hasn't responded and I doubt he will. Stupid jerk

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with getting the Odyssey 2 you paid for. Can you send us a link to the auction? I'd like to see what this guy is selling and bidding on, and I'd also like to read the description of the item and look at any pictures he may have posted.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with getting the Odyssey 2 you paid for. Can you send us a link to the auction? I'd like to see what this guy is selling and bidding on, and I'd also like to read the description of the item and look at any pictures he may have posted.

..Al

Uh oh... Albert's got a new hobby!

Hopefully this isn't the beginning of the end for Atari Age...

quote:

Originally posted by Lost Monkey:

Uh oh... Albert's got a new hobby!

Hopefully this isn't the beginning of the end for Atari Age...

Heh, no, not a new hobby. I'm not going to become an eBay policeman, I'd just like to see this guy's recent auction history in terms of buying and selling. I also want to read the auction description and look at any pictures he included. I'm guessing that he either didn't include any pictures or they were taken from other auctions and/or websites. If they're taken from old auctions, it'd be rather difficult to tell.

Monster greifen an - If this seller has run several auctions recently, you might want to write some of the other high bidders to see what their dealings have been like. This information can help paint a better picture of how this seller operates.

..Al

here is alink, but he didn't have a picture posted. I sent out a fraud claim form, so I will have to wait on that. As a matter of fact he just emailed me and said the package should be in the mail and he can't believe it. Then he, get this, offered to sell me another one again! I promptly said no. Here is his message:

quote:

Hello....I will have to file a claim before any refunds are made...I think I offered you a 2nd package for the Odyssey system for the price of shipping...I can still offer that to you ($17.90). I cannot believe the package has yet to arrive. I have never had a package never arrive before. It is enroute, I assure you....Anyways, the 2nd pacakge, if you are still interested, I will throw in the system box for ya...

Let me know!!!

JC

"I have never had a package not arrive before." Waht a load, his feedback has several people who have not recieved anything, or it took nine months. One person in his feedback complains that his package took roughly that long to arrive. Somethings not right with this guy. Anyway, here is the link: ebay page auction here is the description in case you can't get there:

Smoke Free Home!! BUY THE AUCTION AT THE BUY PRICE AND I WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (2) ITEMS FOR FREE!! QUEST FOR THE RINGS MANUAL AND BOARD + 3 ADDITIONAL GAMES!! A $45 VALUE!!! Here is a nice working Odyssey 2 system which comes with the standard keyboard + 2 joysticks + cord as originally manufactured by Magnavox!! The game system comes with SPEEDWAY, SPINOUT, CRYPTOLOGIC to play!!....Winning bidder to pay additional $12.90 for shipping within the USA....I accept paypal and bidpay.com as well as personal checks and money orders. I have over 2,000 ODYSSEY 2 games in stock...I SPECIALIZE IN ODYSSEY 2 + INTELLIVISION PRODUCTS!!! Contact me at SMOOGJC@AOL.COM for further inquiries!!! SEE MY OTHER AUCTION FOR ODYSSEY + INTELLIVISION!!!

thanks for looking into this I hope you guys can help me resolve this.

I just took a look at this guy's feedback and he has 868 positives (673 unique), 5 neutrals and 18 negatives. In the last six months, he has received 9 negatives, 2 neutrals, and 127 positives. Not a very good track record, in my opinion. After reading through much of this feedback in the last six months, he seems to enjoy calling people IDIOTS when they leave him negative feedback. Also, most of his negative feedback was earned as a seller.

One of his negative feedbacks was someone complaining that an Intellivision system he sold was defective. Smoogic's defense? "Item was sold as is!" I read the description and it does indeed state that, but most people would try to work something out with the buyer rather than face negative feedback. Also, many people are afraid to leave negative feedback in fear of retalitory feedback, so you have to wonder if there are more unsatisfied transactions than are shown here.

I doubt he's trying to rip you off, but it does sound like he's sometimes slow in sending out merchandise.

..Al

eBay feedback is a joke. Many people refuse to give honest feedback for fear of bad feedback in return. Ebay could clean it up if they wanted with a couple of rules:

1) Sellers can only give a negative when no payment is received.

2) Sellers must post feedback before the buyer. I've had sellers delay feedback fearing that their shoddy goods and bad packing would be exposed.

quote:

Contact me at SMOOGJC@AOL.COM for further inquiries!!! SEE MY OTHER AUCTION FOR ODYSSEY + INTELLIVISION!!!

thanks for looking into this I hope you guys can help me resolve this.

Holy Crap! I sold him an Odyssey 2 last year in June!

Here is the text from MY auction:

"This is a Magnavox "Odyssey 2" game system, including the hard to find "The Voice" speech synthesizer. The console is not in very good physical condition, but it does work as it should.

There are several scratches on the surface of the console as can be seen in the scan below. "The Voice" is in pretty good shape and works great, although it is missing the knob for the volume slide switch. The controllers are the type that are "hard-wired" to the console, and both work great.

Also included is the original power supply and RF switch.

The games are as follows, their condition can be noted in the scans. 1. Alien Invaders - Plus! 2. Freedom Fighters! 3. Baseball! 4. K.C.'s Krazy Chase! 5. Hockey/Soccer 6. K.C. Munchkin! 7. UFO! 8. Speedway!/Spinout!/Crypto-logic! 9. P.T. Barnum's Acrobats! 10. Showdown in 2100A.D.. The exclamation points after the game titles are actually part of the titles...not my way of building excitement! ;^) ....Several of the games have corrosion on the dust shields.

Winning bidder to prepay with a money order or via Paypal and include actual shipping charges. Thanks!"

I would guess that he buys a lot of stuff with low-ball bids and then resells in packages. I also sold him an Intellivision "Masters of the Universe" last year.

In both cases he paid right away with Paypal, but with the O2, he opted for the slowest mail service. (up to 4 weeks).

I also noticed that he doesn't like to leave feedback unless it is negative...

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: Lost Monkey ]

I noticed recently bidder did posted negtive feedback to the seller, beacuse the bidder never received the console and some games since March.

look at the last post from the bidder: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...&userid=smoogjc

Just BEWARE of this seller!

Jason

I am getting a deja vu thing here. I won an O2 off of ebay. The lady did not send it. I dun the hell out of her and finally tell her she is going to get a neggy if she does not get it to me in 1.5 weeks. I don't get it. I neg her. She negs me and says it was lost in the mail. I chat with some ebay folks about it and their attitude is I should have not negged her. WTF I think if you have a bad experience you should neg and explain. Otherwise you are dishonest to those that come after you. If I get negged for negging a crappy seller I take it as a complement.

I too feel victim to Smoogic's auction as well, I did a Buy It Now for an Odyssey2 system with some games listed as "System Working and Tested with 8 games" Well, the system arrived with a damaged RF cable, no biggie as I could fix that, but no power pak, so I email the guy and let him know he forgot to ship the power pak, his response was that no power supply is included with the system and I can have one for only $13.95!!! I replied back that he listed it as a working system, not a system tested but no power supply included and that he should send me a power supply for free and I'd pay the shipping or for something more like $5.00 all together, he choose not to make any more replies back after that.

I was in a bind, I needed a working O2 for the display stand for Phillyclassic, fortunately a true upstanding guy Ianiod finished a trade with me for a boxed 1200XL I'd sent him a long while back and he sent me a full Odyssey2 with tons of games plus a bunch of sealed Astrocade games too, Ianiod deserves a round of thanks for making the O2 display at Phillyclassic as good as it was!

Curt