IGNORED

WOW LOOK

MattyXB

I just completed a request for contact information for bug90 from Ebay. Ebay sent an automated email stating the name of user id bug90 is R Kinman of Covington, KY and has had this user id since 7/31/99. I then did a user id history search and bug90 has been effective and never changed since 7/31/99. Based on this info, I picked up a Crazy Climber. I liked the idea of getting a boxed CC and selling my loose cart to pay for it. Once again, I'll keep everyone posted.

Wow Noel... Did you see this post on the previous page???

"The user ID's are stollen, but check the email link below the auction itself. If the name "kinman" appears anywhere in it, then it is the same man that already scammed several people on Panesian games, and is selling only top dollar and very rare games."

I dunno.... kinman and R Kinman sound an awful lot alike.

I still have a few bids in...But I have a feeling all these auctions will be gone in a day or two....Time will tell.

As you all know, I posted this person's info. I decided to rebid on things waiting to see if I get my first game. He then cancelled all my bids, since I wrote down he had a phoney phone number. The phone number I posted is in this thread. I called and got some weird girl on the answering machine that said her name was no where near Kinman. I'm going to definitely stop payment on the check before I get burned. If this guy is for real, oh well. I'll pass and leave myself with more sleep at night knowing my money is safe in my hands. I do suggest anyone would like to call this guy and see how he explains his father getting mail order games in a store. Would be interesting. I still advise to beware.

Phil

I had an idea:

There are two transactions still visible on his account history. You could e-mail one of the two people this person dealt with before and see if the e-mail, name, and address are consistent. If the account has somehow been hijacked then they will have been changed.

-Paul

Thats sound good, if he stolen the ebay auccounts.

But when these are his accounts and he has only buy in the past? Then it can be a fraud at all.

Then he has make only some good feedbacks, and will make fast money and will never be seen.

I have hear about that in the past, that someone has fast make some good feedbacks, and then he make the big money with fraud.

I just thought you would like to see one of the emails describing the lies stolen Qbert Qubes image that was clearly some members picture that was submitted:

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 7:44 AM

Subject: Re: Waterworld, Tooth Protectors, Obelix

There is currently a REALLY expensive auction going on for Magicard on eBay now. I just sold 2 Quadruns in the boxes. I do have 1 loose copy to sell if you wanted to make an offer. Only one Q-Bert has writing, I just used the picture of the WRONG ONE for the auction! And no, no instructions for Tooth Protectors. They were never made with a box, and the "instructions" weren't really an instruction booklet, just a slip of paper with the basic setup on it. I can print you a copy of the instructions off the web though. Whew, hope all this helps.

Ryan :-)

OK. This might sound crazy, but here it goes. As you know, I live only 20 minutes from this guy. What I am willing to do is meet him in the parking lot of the Taylor Mill Police Department, take pictures with a digital camera, and post them. What I am not willing to do is show up at this person's house (for his privacy and safety as well as mine). The police department is only 5 minutes from his house, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm also not willing to be the person making calls and setting this thing up. If someone wants to make the calls and he agrees, I'll show up with a digital camera. I can do this either today between 4-6:30 or tomorrow between 4:30-8. As a fellow eBay-er I just want to help in this bizarre situation. I am also willing to privately provide Al with enough personal information to validate myself because, let's face it, my account was created in the midst of this mess.

xyzzy

What I don't understand is I dialed the number he gave me and got some different woman's address. Then I emailed him to say I could get him. He then told me to try again and then he picked it up. How can he do that if it's someone else's telephone??

Wether this auction is legit or not remains to be seen, but I think that the truth is not.

If he is legit, then he should have never swiped the images from AA, cuz that does nothing but breed suspicion.

Al & Al, you may need to start watermarking your images, sadly.

Hi all. I figured I would stop by and tell you what I had learned. I purchased all three NES panesian games from the seller baby98 with BIN and paid promptly with BidPay. He supposedly shipped on Saturday via Express mail and after not receiving the item days later I began to worry and contacted him. He provided me with a tracking number the Post Office verified as fake. I also received e-mails from other eBay members asking why I had backed out of the deal and telling me that the seller was offering to sell them the item. At this point I was very concerned and requested the user info from eBay instead using the phone number he provided me with. Well surprise surprise, the eBay name was owned by a Penny in Texas not a Ryan in Kentucky that I sent my money to. I called Penny and she verified that it was her eBay account and that she had not used it in months. I told her what was going on and with her help we were able to shut down all of the fraudulent eBay auctions under the name baby98.

Though, this seller is still operating under the name buzz46 and Bug90. The "real" owner of the eBay account buzz46 has been contacted and hopefully we can get those auctions shut down as well.

I have dedicated many hours to this investigation and have more facts than I can possibly post here in a timely fashion but will be willing to answer any other questions anyone may have.

If you have purchased something from any one of these user ID's I would STRONGLY suggest that you DO NOT pay. If you have already paid I would also strongly suggest that you stop payment whether it be through you bank or credit card.

I have reported this man to the local police department in Kentucky and am still waiting to hear back from them. I have also filed a mail fraud complaint. If you have won a auction from this person it does not matter if you have paid or not. You can still go to www.usps.com and file a mail fraud complaint. It is very simple and only requires about 5 minutes of time but is very helpful since mail fraud investigations are partly based on the number of complaints against a certain party.

I wish you all the best of luck and hope that this unfortunate situation works out in the end for everybody.

nick

I am glad to see so many people sticking together on this. I saw those auctions(when they were first posted) and considered using Buy-It-Now on a couple but became suspicious with all the rare games this seller had posted. I decided to check the messageboards here and saw this discussion.

I really hope nobody(else) loses any money to this guy. I also hope he spends some time in jail for his crimes.

[ 04-10-2002: Message edited by: CosmicJoke ]

I am always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. My initial reaction was that this individual was simply misrepresenting himself, but perhaps it is more than that.

Fact: This guy is using images taken from Digital Press and AtariAge. We emailed him yesterday and politely asked him to remove the images taken from AtariAge, and suggested that he use images of the actual items so that people can see exactly what they're getting. We told him to email us if he had any further questions. He has never responded, nor removed the images.

Fact: He has claimed to others in email that the Q*bert's Qubes box shown in the picture is his. This is not true. The front of the box was taken from Digital Press, the back of the box from AtariAge. The actual box from DP belongs to Marc O., a known and respected classic gamer. So in this case he is either lying or very confused. Our Q*bert's Qubes box came from MattW in case anyone is wondering.

Fact: He is selling a Glib, shrinkwrapped New in the Box. You can see the shrinkwrapped box (which came from AtariAge), and also the cartridge. Not very clever, when you consider how he took a picture of the cartridge from a shrinkwrapped box. The Glib box on AtariAge came from Dave Warmington.

Fact: The Quadrun cartridge scan is from AtariAge. In fact, it is my cartridge and I'm looking at it right now. So this is definitely NOT his cartridge. Any theory that he somehow was the person who originally sent these scans to us is bogus.

So, this guy is definitely misrepresenting his items, and is lying about this fact. Please use caution if you plan to deal with him. I would think that if he were legitimate, he would have responded to our email and taken down the AtariAge images. If you were selling thousands of dollars of rare games, and people were questioning your authenticity, wouldn't you take the time to provide some proof? Something to think about.

It looks like bug90 is still putting up more eBay auctions! Glib and Condor Attack auctions look like they were put online about an hour ago, and someone has already purchased the Condor Attack using Buy It Now. He continues to use the same images from AA and DP to describe the items, without acknowledging that the images are not of the items he is selling.

Can't something be done to get eBay to cancel these auctions? If this account has been hijacked, what can we do to find the original owner of the account so they can possibly cancel the auctions and/or write to eBay? I am going to write to eBay alleging the copyright violations on each of the remaining auctions that contain our images, which should get those auctions shut down.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Pitfall Harry:

It disturbs me greatly that my email to
bug90
went unanswered. It's especially disturbing that instead of answering me, he simply relisted the two games I won (Glib and Condor Attack) an hour after I sent him my email.

I noticed those two auctions were relisted, but the correlation between your telling him you were no longer interested in the items and the fact that he has relisted them is amusing. I have sent an email to the person who bought both of those items (using BIN) warning him of the potential fraud and sending him a link to this thread for more info.

It's obvious that Ryan has no intention of responding to anyone's request to provide reasonable assurances that the items he is selling are in fact in his possession.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by CincYnoTi:

i also found you can use anywho.com to look up phone numbers on a given street:

This is a bit off topic, but, how were you able to get AnyWho to give you that info for the street like that? I don't see any form to use other than using a phone number to do a reverse search. That's WAY cool!

The plot thickens. I have the day off today (I've been painting my daughter's bedroom this morning, doh!) and decided to cruise by Evergreen Drive. Interestingly enough, the houses there (typical small bi-level subdivision) don't have mailboxes on them. Instead, every block or so has a locked US Post Office box next to the street with multiple houses mailboxes inside. This opens up the possibility that someone could be heisting the mail before the owners get home (provided they have a key). Maybe it's nothing, but it does seem odd. I did take a look at the house and it did seem occupied and there was a car in the driveway (smaller Toyota, complete with fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror). A 727 number is definitely not a mobile number. It's a common local number for that part of town, as are 356 and 363.

xyzzy

quote:

Originally posted by xyzzy:

smaller Toyota, complete with fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror

This dude obviously knows how to live. I bet he's even got a cocktail shaker.

If you track down an address, me and Stan will pay him a visit. Scum.

Al / Al can you delete the above two posts, it wont let me...

[ 04-10-2002: Message edited by: atarinvader ]

I asked him if he had any more of the boxed Condor Attacks and here's his reply:

Yes I do, one of the winning bidders backed out of the auction.  I can let you have it for the original buy it now of $75.00  Let me know, thanks

There's really no stopping him.

Now, this all reminds me of a guy that was buying and selling rare 2600 and NES stuff (and Guns and Roses items) a couple of months ago. He too used several IDs, and they all got shut down after several people reported him to Ebay. This guy too was from KY. It may be just a coincidence, but it looks like he didn't learn his lesson...

Cheers,

Marco

just thought i would give what i know about this Ryan guy...

i contacted him early that morning to see if he had any more Qaudruns, he told me he had 1 person back out. and offered if to me.... he even gave me his phone # (i wish i checked these boards before i paid him) but i did, i told him to ship by express mail w/ insurance.. later he sent me a tracking # but it was not an express # i've checked with USPS, UPS, and fed ex all show invalid # (not shipped)

so i betting i will not see it..... BTW i'm sure this Ryan and/or Mark Mechley (the guy i sent the pay pal to) is reading this thread since he got the pictures from atariage and other sites....

(might even be a member?) (AL?)

anyway good luck to all people that sent money to him!!!

Take care,

Rick