IGNORED

Resin casting coloured shells

LS650

I've been thinking that it would be very cool looking to make some coloured Jaguar cart shells with resin casting. There was some talk on JS2 of doing this and selling the pieces, but the project is currently on hold. I think it'd be great to have a couple of these coloured shells, and I'm going to look around this weekend to see if I can find the materials necessary in my little backwater town.

I tried looking here on AA for info on resin casting and found that some folks have played around with it here for the 2600: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...00&hl=resin :lust:

Anyone ever try something similar for the Jaguar?

Hello,

I've been thinking that it would be very cool looking to make some coloured Jaguar cart shells with resin casting. There was some talk on JS2 of doing this and selling the pieces, but the project is currently on hold. I think it'd be great to have a couple of these coloured shells, and I'm going to look around this weekend to see if I can find the materials necessary in my little backwater town.

Yes, this process was also used on BattleSphere Gold I understand, very labour intensive, but great to see.

I did not much like the choices of colours shown before, or the ones with flecks in, but such an option is in itself fantastic.

Let us know if you have any luck!

On the point of the custom Dentist tool Jaguar cases, the manufacturer suggested they would create some custom cases,

and would announce some news on that, but then nothing more happened. I suspect up-front cash was required finally.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Well, I've ordered a complete resin casting kit. I should have it in a week or so.

Actually, after some thought, I might do something else: instead of casting a replacement shell for a Jaguar cart, how about a replacement shell for a Jagpad controller? I think a crystal-clear shell for a controller would be fantastic... :)

Edited by ls650

(Broonale @ Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:34 PM)

I'd gut one of mine and put it in without the mental shielding!

(Zerosquare @ Fri Nov 18, 2006 10:37 AM)

Beware. The Jag is quite "dirty" when it comes to RF interference ; I've heard that running it without the shielding causes problems.

Jag are quite dirty EVEN with the RF shield in place. My Jag has AV hookup and I still see interference blocks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That reminds me - did anybody ever get the mold bought by a dental company to make machines that were virtual duplicates of a Jaguar except for being bright shiny white?

You mean the fake dental cleaning device that EGM showed as an April fool's prank??