IGNORED

Well, I'm pissed...

marillion

All those fantastic condition boxed games on eBay, and *one* person has outbid me on every single one.

I'm okay with spending good money on great quality stuff, but at $40+ for each one, it's just too much.

Silly me for thinking they'd go for around $15 each.

Anyway, just venting...

Peace,

Chip

Yeah, it seems that people get a little wackier when it comes to boxes. But for some reason they don't like paying high. Some guy said he paid like $40 for a boxed Dolphin and boxed Frostbite. I had both of these on. I think the Dolphin sold for like $$8.00 and the Frostbite didn't even get a bid at $5.00. Even when I sell a brand new sealed Moonsweeper, I usually will only get $10-12.

But it all depends on when you are looking. I've gotten many good deals buying. But when you consider a deal, you're earning it. I've spent a few hours at a time doing searches and bids and such. So your discount prices are for your time spent. You can be out there working at $10/hour, so if you spend 5 hours a week on Ebay and you save $20, you essentially could have lost $30 by not working. Just a hypothetical situation.

But hang in there. Good deals come around and not everything is discovered. Try to take advantage of buy-it-nows if they are reasonable.

Phil

I just recently won 34 auctions for boxed and mib atari 2600 games that ranged from $2.00 to $9.50.I only increased my bids once about 6 hrs before the auctions closed,so sometimes you just get lucky without even hardly trying.One thing about Ebay is this;patience and persistence is what you will really 'win' in the long run...By the way, one of the items did go to $26,it was a very nice looking copy of Turmoil with inst's and box..sometimes you must get quantity, not quality.(plus I'm broke now!)

Well, I'm aware of that, I was 'pissed' in the easy-going metaphorical sense.

I'm high bidder on a crudload of boxed games right now, and just won about 10 nicely sealed/mint ones. I've only been back in the hobby for about two weeks, so I can't complain about my luck so far. By the end of the year I should be back where I was in 1995...playing Atari all the time and spending all my money on Atari stuff.

Peace,

Chip

Well here's the interesting "phenomenon" of Atari 2600 on Ebay. There's SO many auctions, that you would have to think that there are alot of sleeper auctions out there that people simply do not look at.

And you'd figure that there's only SO many people who would want something like a boxed Frostbite, and those people likely already HAVE it, so the competition gets lower.

Now if you take Atari 5200, you won't get ANY sleeper auctions, cuz everyone will likely see everything being sold, nothing can escape. There are only like 4 pages of stuff to look at.

And what about people who set really low buy it now prices...and put their auction up JUST MOMENTS before you look at it. You would beat everyone to that, and might get a CRAZY insane deal, like a boxed Quadrun that someone simply didn't know the value of.

Here is the only Ebay trick I use(other than just relying on blind luck)-

sometimes I bring up the newly listed 2600 auctions and click on the 'buy it now' option.Sometimes you get a lot of cheap items(before anyone can bid on 'em).I just got an Atari logo t-shirt for $10 total;prior to that the t-shirt auctions were $25+.