IGNORED

I am updating the Atlantis II registry

homerwannabee

Just a heads up.. One of the people on that list is nolonger an owner. It is up to them to speak up as it is not my place to speak of their business.

Jim

So Decypher does this make you an owner of Atlantis II. And if your not did the person say if he sold the cart to someone on the list as well? This is important because that would mean that there are 11 Atlantis II carts instead of 12.

So Decypher does this make you an owner of Atlantis II. And if your not did the person say if he sold the cart to someone on the list as well? This is important because that would mean that there are 11 Atlantis II carts instead of 12.

Yes I am the new owner.

Jim

Yes I am the new owner.

Jim

Congrats on the cart. I know that you have been really wanting that game for awhile. So I am definetly happy to see you in the club. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Hey, I just found this thread. I can add to it.

My friend, gamer and collector David Park of Neenah, Wisconsin, owns an Atlantis II, boxed. He got it from his uncle, who was an avid gamer back in the day, and got it from entering that original Atlantis high score contest.

I wrote to AtariAge about this way back when they first posted the "Atlantis II Discovered" article years ago, because David had obtained the cart (along with a ton of other nice vintage videogame stuff, including a boxed Chase the Chuckwagon) from his uncle around 1996 or '97. At the time, I was an active member of #rgvc on IRC, and when I brought up this Atlantis II that my buddy had gotten ahold of, nobody on rgvc had heard of it so they basically called me a liar and/or an idiot. ("Post scans or pictures of it to prove it," they would say..."It's an Atlantis box with a typewritten Atlantis II sticker on it! You wouldn't think it was real even if I DID post a picture!") Well, when AA finally put up the "discovery" of Atlantis II, I felt vindicated and hoped that all those doubters were reading.

Anyway, you can add that one to the list. And no, he does not want to sell :D

Hey, I just found this thread. I can add to it.

My friend, gamer and collector David Park of Neenah, Wisconsin, owns an Atlantis II, boxed. He got it from his uncle, who was an avid gamer back in the day, and got it from entering that original Atlantis high score contest.

I wrote to AtariAge about this way back when they first posted the "Atlantis II Discovered" article years ago, because David had obtained the cart (along with a ton of other nice vintage videogame stuff, including a boxed Chase the Chuckwagon) from his uncle around 1996 or '97. At the time, I was an active member of #rgvc on IRC, and when I brought up this Atlantis II that my buddy had gotten ahold of, nobody on rgvc had heard of it so they basically called me a liar and/or an idiot. ("Post scans or pictures of it to prove it," they would say..."It's an Atlantis box with a typewritten Atlantis II sticker on it! You wouldn't think it was real even if I DID post a picture!") Well, when AA finally put up the "discovery" of Atlantis II, I felt vindicated and hoped that all those doubters were reading.

Anyway, you can add that one to the list. And no, he does not want to sell :D

Well thanks for the info. I updated the information :)

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to post the info that I learned about Atlantis II from two different sources. First I talked to Todd Rogers at CGE 2007. Todd promoted the Defend Atlantis contest for Imagic during this time, so it would not surprise me if he did have inside info on how many were made. Hence why I asked him how many were made. He told me that he was pretty sure 25 were made. Though this may not be the most reliable info. I believe it is more reliable than the 10 figure that meanguns gave. I also talked to Rob Fulop to try to clear up the mystery as well. Unfortenatly he did not know how many there were, but he was reasonably sure that not many were made. Personally I hope to one day get in contact with Dennis Koble. I have a feeling he has the definetive answer to this question.

Edited by homerwannabee

Personally I hope to one day get in contact with Dennis Koble. I have a feeling he has the definetive answer to this question.

My advice would be to try and track down Bill Grubb. He was the strategist and businessman in the company and I´m sure that he, if any, would know. Dennis Koble could be a means also, but I´m not sure if he´d remember or know anymore than Rob Fulop.

Personally I hope to one day get in contact with Dennis Koble. I have a feeling he has the definetive answer to this question.

My advice would be to try and track down Bill Grubb. He was the strategist and businessman in the company and I´m sure that he, if any, would know. Dennis Koble could be a means also, but I´m not sure if he´d remember or know anymore than Rob Fulop.

Unfortunately we are going on close to 25 years ago for these kinds of records, making it difficult for people to remember. I would be suprised if anyone has accurate records on the number of them made. They always could have made a second run as well if more people qualified then they thought, I know there are 2 styles of paperwork, the possibilities are endless really. I personally think it is kind of cool not knowing how many are out there. Leaves a bit of Mystery to it. Thats really what seperates Atari collecting from other systems, the fact that there is so much mystery to it. Seems like new information or games are always turning up :)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
Homer, please add documents for me..... :) THANKS!! :)

and... Nicola has a cart now....congrats again Nicola!!! :)

No problem. Albert can I please, please, please, have editing privileges for these threads? Every time I make a correction I will have to make another post.

1.Mr Anonymous I:Cart, Box, Original contest Docs. (got his from 5th Ghost, who got this from from the original contestant)*

2.Decypher: Cart (Got his from Dino who go his from Bloated monkey. Bloated Monkey got his 2 carts he had from Ebay)

3.Wonder 007: Cart, and Original contest docs ( probably was BuyAtari's, Docs were 5th Ghosts) .

4.Meanguns:Cart, Original contest docs (Was original contestant)

5.Gospeedde: Cart, Ed Siegler: Cart, (Got from Ed Siegler who got his from his brother Joe who was an original contestant)

6. Crunchysuperman: Cart, Box sticker (Got from myself, Who got his from Video Game Addict who got his off Ebay)

7. Myself: Cart, Original contest docs (Got from original owner off ebay)

8. Rick Weis: Cart, Box, ( Not to sure of where he got his from?)

9. Bloated Monkey: cart

10. Mr. Mystery/Mark Sumner:Cart, Box, original docs,Most complete of anyones. (Mysterious person that Wonder007 vagely mentioned in a couple of posts . Probably the same guy as Mark Sumner)

11. Ianoid: Cart,Has the box but no sticker, (Got his from FND)

12. Zeitshabba: Cart (Got his from solow_rider)

13. David Park: Cart, Box, (Got his from his Uncle Ken who was an original contestant)

14. Mr. Mystery II: Cart, Docs(Original Contestant)

15. Nicola: Cart (Got his off Ebay)

*5th Ghost originally had 2 different sets of Original contest docs, but only one cart.

xx. Ataridolemite: Box, original Docs. (Original contestant) Does not have cart.

xx. Box and sticker floating around the internet.(Probably 5th Ghost's)

Ok, there are definetly some holes in this and possibly some inacuracies in regard to the Atlantis 2 owners. If you have any more information it would really be appreciated.

Edited by homerwannabee

I finally can erase the anonymous part. :cool:

1.Marco:Cart, Box, Original contest Docs. (got his from 5th Ghost, who got this from from the original contestant)*

2.Decypher: Cart (Got his from Dino who go his from Bloated monkey. Bloated Monkey got his 2 carts he had from Ebay)

3.Wonder 007: Cart, and Original contest docs ( probably was BuyAtari's, Docs were 5th Ghosts) .

5.Gospeedde: Cart, Ed Siegler: Cart, (Got from Ed Siegler who got his from his brother Joe who was an original contestant)

6. Crunchysuperman: Cart, Box sticker (Got from myself, Who got his from Video Game Addict who got his off Ebay)

10. Mr. Mystery/Mark Sumner:Cart, Box, original docs,Most complete of anyones. (Mysterious person that Wonder007 vagely mentioned in a couple of posts . Probably the same guy as Mark Sumner)

13. David Park: Cart, Box, (Got his from his Uncle Ken who was an original contestant)

*5th Ghost originally had 2 different sets of Original contest docs, but only one cart.

xx. Ataridolemite: Box, original Docs. (Original contestant) Does not have cart.

Ok, there are definetly some holes in this and possibly some inacuracies in regard to the Atlantis 2 owners. If you have any more information it would really be appreciated.

• 5 months later...

OK, updated

1.Marco:Cart, Box, Original contest Docs. (got his from 5th Ghost, who got this from from the original contestant)*

16. Wonder: Cart, Box (Got his off Ebay)

I bought one off of Ebay back in 1998. It was probably the first to be sold on Ebay that the seller knew what it was. He completely described it and the contest and the differences between it and the original. I won it for $26.

I sold it in 2000 to Ebay user at the time buyatari ( I believe that was his username) in a deal with 4 other rare carts. I do not know if that buyatari is the same buyatari registered to this site. I just wanted to provide insight on one Atlantis II cart history that the lineage can be traced back. This may help determine if it is one of the ones already on the list.

Kenny Brooks

I bought one off of Ebay back in 1998. It was probably the first to be sold on Ebay that the seller knew what it was. He completely described it and the contest and the differences between it and the original. I won it for $26.

I sold it in 2000 to Ebay user at the time buyatari ( I believe that was his username) in a deal with 4 other rare carts. I do not know if that buyatari is the same buyatari registered to this site. I just wanted to provide insight on one Atlantis II cart history that the lineage can be traced back. This may help determine if it is one of the ones already on the list.

Kenny Brooks

Thank you very much for that info. I am pretty sure it is the same BuyAtari. :)

OK, updated

3.Wonder 007: Cart, and Original contest docs ( probably was BuyAtari's, BuyAtari got his from Kenny Brooks off Ebay in 2000, and Kenny Brooks got his off Ebay in 1998, Docs were 5th Ghosts) .

• 1 month later...

OK, updated

3.Wonder 007: Cart, and Original contest docs ( probably was BuyAtari's, BuyAtari got his from Kenny Brooks off Ebay in 2000, and Kenny Brooks got his off Ebay in 1998, Docs were 5th Ghosts) .

17. Revolutionika: Cart

• 5 months later...

My extra copy of Atlantis II (cart only) has been sold to Atari2600lives......please make the necessary changes Homer.

Thanks,

- Wonder007

No problem! :cool:

OK, updated

3.Wonder 007: Cart, Box, and Original contest docs ( probably was BuyAtari's, BuyAtari got his from Kenny Brooks off Ebay in 2000, and Kenny Brooks got his off Ebay in 1998, Docs were 5th Ghosts, the Box was what Wonder007 got off Ebay) .

16. Atari2600lives: Cart,(Got his from Wonder007 who got his off Ebay)

17. Revolutionika: Cart

18. Decypher: Cart (Got off Ebay from gephral)

19. Scrabbler15: Cart, Box (Original Contestant)

xx. Two complete Atlantis II sets that zeitshebba mentioned of some anonymous users having.