IGNORED

I am updating the Atlantis II registry

homerwannabee

Just picked up a 2nd cart off ebay.

Are you sure it is real? Did you weigh it? Since you already have one it should weigh the same as that one. The way the Repros are done with this cart is that they take an orginal Atlantis cart, and put in an Eprom. The Eprom weighs different than the ROM. Please just weigh the cart to make sure.

Edit: I marked you down as one anyways.

Are you sure it is real? Did you weigh it? Since you already have one it should weigh the same as that one. The way the Repros are done with this cart is that they take an orginal Atlantis cart, and put in an Eprom. The Eprom weighs different than the ROM. Please just weigh the cart to make sure.

Really man? How do I know it is real? By using highly sophisticated techniques. First I looked at the label. Night scene, Check. Then I compared the weight between the new and the old. Yep same weight. Check (not on a digital scale though). Then I played it. 1 point scoring, check. Then I compared fonts. Thin line font. Check. I think she is real, how about you???

Really man? How do I know it is real? By using highly sophisticated techniques. First I looked at the label. Night scene, Check. Then I compared the weight between the new and the old. Yep same weight. Check (not on a digital scale though). Then I played it. 1 point scoring, check. Then I compared fonts. Thin line font. Check. I think she is real, how about you???

Homer just gets mad everytime another one is found because he thinks his goes down in value then, just my guess.

Well if you did some sort of weight check, and they came out the same than, hey thats good enough. You just said I got it in the mail, and that was it. And this post seemed to say you did not need to weigh it.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161471-atlantis-ii/page__view__findpost__p__1995185

But hey if you at least compared the two side by side with your hands, and you feel it is real I will put you up there.

By the way, congrats on the gamble turning out good. :D :cool:

Homer just gets mad everytime another one is found because he thinks his goes down in value then, just my guess.

Mad? I am just trying to see if he verified it with a weight check. I was pretty sure he probably did I just wanted to make sure.

Really what is your problem? You seem to have a problem with me having this game. I have not even talked about this freaking game for the past 15 months, yet you still seemed obsessed about talking about me having it. What is that all about?

And a side note. With this game I have my most wanted Atari 2600 game. This is my holy grail. And while you, and many others just see a hack, I see the very first competition cart ever awarded to contestants. And I see a cart filled with history. And to me that means a heck of a lot. I have gotten to the point where I just don't freaking care if you think of it the same way. Good for you. I am honored to have this game, I am amazed by what this game means to the history of gaming. There really is no use arguing with any of you over this anyways. You have your mind set into stone about this game, and again good for you.

And while you, and many others just see a hack,

Air Raid is just a hack too. At least A2 was a hack by a legitimate Atari company, unlike Air Raid, which is a taiwanese hack. Based on that analysis, and the fact taht there are almost as many air raids found as A2s, your A2 should be worth at least double what a loose air raid is worth ;)

Air Raid is just a hack too. At least A2 was a hack by a legitimate Atari company, unlike Air Raid, which is a taiwanese hack. Based on that analysis, and the fact taht there are almost as many air raids found as A2s, your A2 should be worth at least double what a loose air raid is worth ;)

And yet I would be happy if a loose cart was worth half of what a loose air raid was worth. Well at least I still have the docs that go along with the game. And if a huge emergency ever came up I am pretty sure I could at least get what I paid for that plus inflation. So I really don't have much to complain about.

And yet I would be happy if a loose cart was worth half of what a loose air raid was worth. Well at least I still have the docs that go along with the game. And if a huge emergency ever came up I am pretty sure I could at least get what I paid for that plus inflation. So I really don't have much to complain about.

:twisted: its a strange hobby...

Mad? I am just trying to see if he verified it with a weight check. I was pretty sure he probably did I just wanted to make sure.

Really what is your problem? You seem to have a problem with me having this game. I have not even talked about this freaking game for the past 15 months, yet you still seemed obsessed about talking about me having it. What is that all about?

And a side note. With this game I have my most wanted Atari 2600 game. This is my holy grail. And while you, and many others just see a hack, I see the very first competition cart ever awarded to contestants. And I see a cart filled with history. And to me that means a heck of a lot. I have gotten to the point where I just don't freaking care if you think of it the same way. Good for you. I am honored to have this game, I am amazed by what this game means to the history of gaming. There really is no use arguing with any of you over this anyways. You have your mind set into stone about this game, and again good for you.

I think you take stuff too seriously homer, honestly it is probably why people razz you so much. It could have been just as easy for you to ignore my posting but instead I get some long drawn out answer pretty much just asking for me to rip on you more. You are smart Homer but your downfall is you way over think stuff that is not very important.

• 4 weeks later...

Two quick points re: Atlantis II while I have any relevance left on the subject:

First, my A2 is going up for auction later today. I forgot I still had this cart - my last rarity - and it doesn't mean much to me anymore, so off it goes. If y'all remember, it has the marker "II" on the label and holes sliced for screw removal.

Second, from having put this on eBay for a ridiculous price early on, I had met two other AII owners who are not listed in the registry and will not announce themselves due to the aggressive and belligerent nature of members in the forums. Since I didn't see "new" names on the list with their complete Atlantis II sets, I bet they'll never step forward if they haven't yet. It's a shame that these collectors cannot feel welcome here, but from my years interacting here, I fully understand their decision.

Thank you again to those of you whom I've had the pleasure of doing business with. Thanks also to the negative folks who have disparaged me as a reseller or my wallets- your negativity fueled me to work harder. Thank you, all.

Two quick points re: Atlantis II while I have any relevance left on the subject:

First, my A2 is going up for auction later today. I forgot I still had this cart - my last rarity - and it doesn't mean much to me anymore, so off it goes. If y'all remember, it has the marker "II" on the label and holes sliced for screw removal.

Second, from having put this on eBay for a ridiculous price early on, I had met two other AII owners who are not listed in the registry and will not announce themselves due to the aggressive and belligerent nature of members in the forums. Since I didn't see "new" names on the list with their complete Atlantis II sets, I bet they'll never step forward if they haven't yet. It's a shame that these collectors cannot feel welcome here, but from my years interacting here, I fully understand their decision.

Thank you again to those of you whom I've had the pleasure of doing business with. Thanks also to the negative folks who have disparaged me as a reseller or my wallets- your negativity fueled me to work harder. Thank you, all.

Drama Queen :P

OK, I will put these two Atlantis II complete set owners as XX. Until the actual owners step forward, I will not include them. I run this list, I have scoured the Internet looking for any Atlantis II owners, and now you are telling me that you not only know 1 Atlantis II owner, but you know 2 of them, and they both have the complete set, something that has never before been seen? I have my doubts since these "anonymous" people came to you during the time of your $50,000 auction. People yank with peoples chains all the time when they ask for a super high amount for something. I am pretty sure that when Meanguns had his 1.75 million dollar auction that he had 10 "anonymous" people come forward to him to tell him that they not only had this game, but that it was a complete set as well.

Edit: I hope you do well on your Atlantis II auction. I don't blame you for selling it. Now is definitely a good time to sell super rare games.

10 OUT OF 9 PEOPLE!!! VIOLENCE!!!

OK, I will put these two Atlantis II complete set owners as XX. Until the actual owners step forward, I will not include them. I run this list, I have scoured the Internet looking for any Atlantis II owners, and now you are telling me that you not only know 1 Atlantis II owner, but you know 2 of them, and they both have the complete set, something that has never before been seen? I have my doubts since these "anonymous" people came to you during the time of your $50,000 auction. People yank with peoples chains all the time when they ask for a super high amount for something. I am pretty sure that when Meanguns had his 1.75 million dollar auction that he had 10 "anonymous" people come forward to him to tell him that they not only had this game, but that it was a complete set as well.

Edit: I hope you do well on your Atlantis II auction. I don't blame you for selling it. Now is definitely a good time to sell super rare games.

I wouldn't bother adding them until they surface. I only saw pictures from one claimant. The second was very credible from our conversation and I had no reason to doubt him. Either way, your golden goose will continue to lay eggs. These games will continue to surface & grow in number.

I wouldn't bother adding them until they surface. I only saw pictures from one claimant. The second was very credible from our conversation and I had no reason to doubt him. Either way, your golden goose will continue to lay eggs. These games will continue to surface & grow in number.

So what? Isn't this true with virtually every single video game out there?

Edit: I looked for your listing, and found this. Please tell me that this is not you. This is the same exact state, and this is the same exact time that you were going to list this.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2506343173681?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250634317368&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

So what? Isn't this true with virtually every single video game out there?

Edit: I looked for your listing, and found this. Please tell me that this is not you. This is the same exact state, and this is the same exact time that you were going to list this.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2506343173681?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250634317368&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That is not me... I'm only getting around to listing mine now. I don't know the seller & found his auctions when I poked around the other day. I find it most suspicious that they suddenly have several of the rarest games for auction. Noone here knows this seller or a collector in this region with such rare games?

EDIT: Here's my listing. 3 days. I think I'll do a wallet give-away based on who guesses the closest closing price.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2606050956731?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260605095673&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by zeitshabba