IGNORED

tiger handhelds

yea...i want to get back into playing and collecting tigers. i saw jurassic park at a thrift store but didnt get it because it was missing the back of the battery compartment and the inside of the compartment looked corroded and shitty

how much are these going for nowadays....common ones more than rare ones

i know konami made alot of their games into handhelds like castlevania etc.

my fav i used to have was the Double Dragon watch....i wore it all the time cause i was a dork :cool: when i first met my fiancee...after dating for awhile, i gave it to her as a present and she actually wore it a few times...dont know if she still has it anywhere.

shit...i used to have the pac-man, DK Jr., and frogger (my fav) coleco tabletop games. they're going for shitloads of money on shit-bay now.....80 bucks for a bare bones frogger....sheesh

these cost more than your average atari with a few games and controllers :ponder:

my fav i used to have was the Double Dragon watch....i wore it all the time cause i was a dork :cool: when i first met my fiancee...after dating for awhile, i gave it to her as a present and she actually wore it a few times...dont know if she still has it anywhere.

shit...i used to have the pac-man, DK Jr., and frogger (my fav) coleco tabletop games. they're going for shitloads of money on shit-bay now.....80 bucks for a bare bones frogger....sheesh

these cost more than your average atari with a few games and controllers :ponder:

Just that time of year-- I got a mint DK in the box tabletop in june for $60. As for handhelds, I think they've kinda been replaced by cell phones. :)

Now if I can just get that NES emu working on my Samsung 920!

Yeah, what the hell happened to all of these things? I remember they used to take up most of an aisle in department stores, shouldn't there be about a billion of them floating around?

As to the Konami ones, you're all mistaken. I had the TMNT one, and that was the best by far. Castlevania was a close second though. :)

Yeah, what the hell happened to all of these things? I remember they used to take up most of an aisle in department stores, shouldn't there be about a billion of them floating around?

As to the Konami ones, you're all mistaken. I had the TMNT one, and that was the best by far. Castlevania was a close second though. :)

speaking o f the tmnt one....i HAD one :D i was bored out of my mind on day, so i unscrewed the back and took the whole thing apart and grabbed the background sheet. i ripped it up and decided i would make a cooler background...needless to say, the background sucked and made the game almost impossible to play :sad: why was i such a dumbass....only god knows

As to the Konami ones, you're all mistaken. I had the TMNT one, and that was the best by far.

I always wanted one of those. It was like the entire TMNT NES/Computer Game packed into an oblongated handheld. Without the annoying music! :lol:

Unforuntately, I couldn't afford one at the time. The other handheld that I really wanted was Mario's Cement Factory. It was a lot more fun than the Super Mario Bros. handheld; which was all about jumping between three platforms without falling off.

Unforuntately, I couldn't afford one at the time. The other handheld that I really wanted was Mario's Cement Factory. It was a lot more fun than the Super Mario Bros. handheld; which was all about jumping between three platforms without falling off.

Yeah...the best part about all those old Tiger/Konami/etc. handhelds...remember how they were like $20 each for one crappy, repetetive game, yet we all begged for them? Now you can get 20 or 30 games packed onto a little portable system with a color screen for like $20, and those same people are saying "I don't know...some of these games kinda suck". :D

Yeah...the best part about all those old Tiger/Konami/etc. handhelds...remember how they were like $20 each for one crappy, repetetive game, yet we all begged for them? Now you can get 20 or 30 games packed onto a little portable system with a color screen for like $20, and those same people are saying "I don't know...some of these games kinda suck". :D

i love the game and watch games......twitchiest games eva :cool:

Some of these Tiger handhelds are incredibly inventive, because the limitations forced them to be. Paperboy was full of so many tricks to get a scrolling viewpoint and all the arcade elements. The angle was radically changed, being behind the paperboy rather than above him, but it was still 3D, and it's very playable even today.

Someone mentioned bowling? That was definately a fun game. And I enjoyed Mario too. I had the Pac-man Watch, still do somewhere, though the band broke and can't be fixed. And my favorite of watch games was actually Star Fox. That game, while simple managed to pull off a reasonable knockoff of the SNES game rather well.

Some of my favorite games are actually multi cart games. I think MGA made them, but I can't find any now. Anybody remember these. They look like a GameBoy, and had interchangable cartridges with the screen in the cart. Boy, those were fun, and you got 3 games for $20 instead of one. I had all the Power rangers ones (hey, don't knock it till you try it) The TMNT ones (my favorite of the 12 or so games I had) and the Mask. That was great too. And the games and consoles were all interchangable.

Very interesting conversation piece that was actually fun to play.

I remember back in the day, when a half an isle would be taken up with LCD games. Now our local Walmart has about two shelves, and a couple rows of peg hooks with LCD games. Which is less than it sounds like, as most the games are repeats.

Most common games today, Generic race car game, baseball, football, (why no bowling?) Tetris, I'll admit, that one's great. And various poker games. There are actually more PnP games now in the same area than there are LCD singles.

Those were the days. I always wanted two games but never could find them, Sonic the hedgehog, and there was one I don't even remember the name of, but it had a light gun (I was curious just to see if it indeed actually did anything)

Oh yeah, one more thing, this absolutely SUCKS about modern LCD games. The fact almost all of them use a buttoncell instead of a real batterie. I can see why this is done, to save a pennie worth of plastic, and make the unit smaller. But the fact of the matter is, I still play some of my older games, and almost NONE of the newer ones, cause when it dies, it costs more to get a batterie for it, than the handheld originally cost.

Edited by Video

Someone mentioned bowling? That was definately a fun game. And I enjoyed Mario too. I had the Pac-man Watch, still do somewhere, though the band broke and can't be fixed.

That was me that mentioned bowling. Funny thing, my brother also had a Pacman watch that I played the heck out of! As I remember, it was a really small game board with only one (?) powerpill. After beating something like 20 levels it would play winning music and then end the game. I always felt that was a bit of gyp. :lol:

I always wanted two games but never could find them, Sonic the hedgehog

Are you talking about the watch version? I actually had that one! You had to press the buttons to get Sonic to attack the right baddie, or you'd be toast. It was only three levels (IIRC), but it was kind of fun. Reminded me a bit of the X-Men LCD Game by Tiger. :cool:

• 3 years later...

And now I find myself temporarily entranced by these stupid Tiger Handhelds. That museum link is neat, but it does not list all of them. Does anybody know of a more comprehensive site, and did these things come with anything like a manual or instruction sheet? Most of the games are intuitive, but some could use some explanation.

The good news is, these seem to appear pretty regularly in yard sales and thrift stores these days for pretty cheap.

Tiger handhelds were always a Christmas staple at my house. It seems like someone was always getting one. I never liked them that much at the time but I appreciate them a lot more now. It's probably the nostalgia factor. I've only got a couple of them now. I remember that I could never keep those battery covers very long. They were always getting lost, and I had to keep the batteries in with tape. What do you expect, I was only like seven.

Some of my favorite games are actually multi cart games. I think MGA made them, but I can't find any now. Anybody remember these. They look like a GameBoy, and had interchangable cartridges with the screen in the cart. Boy, those were fun, and you got 3 games for $20 instead of one. I had all the Power rangers ones (hey, don't knock it till you try it) The TMNT ones (my favorite of the 12 or so games I had) and the Mask. That was great too. And the games and consoles were all interchangable.

Heh, used to love those old games. They are hard to find these days for reasonable prices.

I have one of the MGM multi game ones you are talking, they are called "Game Wizard"s. I used to have the Goosebumps one which was my favorite, I still have Star Wars and VR Troopers. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would have been pretty sweet to have.

Its too bad there was never multi screen one with all the cool old arcade games that were turned into LCD games like Asteroids, Breakout, Pac-Man, Frogger and Space Invaders.