IGNORED

PS3 Prices today

atari_sammysue

Whew i see the good old capitalists are taking a drop of a few hundred dollars on ps3 on ebay today.. You can get one now on average anywhere between 1200-1500 on ebay with a game..and there 27000 on ebay now.. Makes me wonder if those 3 days waits were worth it.. if you opened up that night and played it maybe..

Today after them guys payed for their spot in line or payed someone standing there your probably coming out 400-500.00 for three days... Lol go to work

Last night they sold pretty good from 1800-2500.00 yet on average..

Makes me wonder how many wii's will be listed and selling on ebay tommorrow for 400.00 ... Probably 500,000 Will be listed lol...

I'm surprised at how fast it dropped, especially compared to the 360.

Well, with over 20,000 of them on eBay, there are only so many people willing to pay over $2,000 for a PS3.

In the course of about five minutes, I watched 20 PS3 auctions end. The ending values ranged anywhere from $999 up to $1500 or so. Saw several with high opening bids ($2,000 or more) end without a single bid. The 60GB models make up the high-end of these values, and the accessories and games included seem to make the prices fluctuate a fair bit. Shipping costs are also all over the map.

..Al

i love how some people bid more than 1000 dollars on these on ebay, and there are already auctions ending in about a minute for around $750 for a ps3 and a game... thats a HORRIBLY small profit they are making. I would have hated to wait 3 days in line, missing work for about 100 bucks.... might as well have gone to work lol.

An interesting note about the release: according to NRD polls as well as personal observation, few consumers knew how much the PS3 was going to cost. We're all plugged in to the gaming rumor mill so we can't relate, but most people expected to pay no more than three hundred bucks. There's some serious sticker shock going on right now.

And gonna be a lot of 360s and Wiis sold this season I suspect.

Absolute truth there, my freinds. A lot of people are going to be ticked that the PS3 costs so much.

The real kicker is that one or two of the sleeper titles will use some obscure piece of hardware that Sony will remove from the console to "save money" and bring the price down. Woudn't it be just too bad if that "obscure hardware" turns out to be the Blu-Ray drive. :o

Seriously, though, the biggest chunks consoles ever took outta comsumer's wallets were the VCS and the 3DO. The VCS was released with what, the hope to sell a whopping nine games? I bet back then if the people who made it could see Trip Hawkins and 3DO in their crystal ball, they'd thought twice before releasing the VCS.

Atari VCS (adjusted for inflation) $800. Cha-ching! Peope still bought them up in droves.

IIRC, the 3DO was $700 ten years ago, and it didn't get very far.

Ya know, someone's only gonna make a wave in the market every ten years or so (1970's-VCS, 1980's-NES, 1990's PlayStation 1) and this ain't Sony's decade. Historically any company that's made a huge hit in the market has struggled and possibly even folded ten to fifteen years later.

I just looked at a few auctions that ended shortly ago, and it looks like many of them are being bid up and won by people with zero or negative feedback. Take a look at this auction that went up to $5,100:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270056744563

These bids look pretty obviously fake, so now the seller is going to have to deal with getting the final value fees refunded (probably at least $100), and then list the auction again (costing him or her more money).

The auction that ended right after that for $1,775 was won by someone with negative feedback:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-PS3...1QQcmdZViewItem

Not looking too good for PS3 resellers right now.

..Al

IF those idiots think about it. They are bidding the stuff up with a new user name they create and in the end.. They are actually stuck with the final value fees themselves.. Just a sign the good old ps3 market is almsot dead and people are desperate to make money.... when people are bidding up thier own stuff... Wont be long and some ps3's will be selling for 750-800.00 because the idiots wont be able to pay off their credit card statements..

ive already seen some end at around 750, so we arent that far off.

also, arent they under contract by law to pay the amount? i was under the impression if you did that you could get in legal trouble. and in the end though, the person who put the auction up can always ask the next highest bidder if hed like to buy if for the amount he bid, so the loss isnt that bad in the end.

I pretty sure the people with 0 feedback bidding on the PS3 are actually the gamers that wanted a PS3 and couldnt get one. I guess this is the way the gamers are sticking it to the jackass resellers.

Uhrr, no, if you look at some of those auctions (such as the ones run up above $5,000) you'll see that some of the same bidders are running up multiple auctions, and even winning them in some cases. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay $5,000 USD for a PS3 when there are 20,000 of them up on eBay and the more "reasonable" auctions (that is, the ones that aren't being screwed with) are ending between $1,000 and $1,500.

..Al

Whew i see the good old capitalists are taking a drop of a few hundred dollars on ps3 on ebay today.. You can get one now on average anywhere between 1200-1500 on ebay with a game..and there 27000 on ebay now.. Makes me wonder if those 3 days waits were worth it.. if you opened up that night and played it maybe..

Today after them guys payed for their spot in line or payed someone standing there your probably coming out 400-500.00 for three days... Lol go to work

Last night they sold pretty good from 1800-2500.00 yet on average..

Makes me wonder how many wii's will be listed and selling on ebay tommorrow for 400.00 ... Probably 500,000 Will be listed lol...

What? What's wrong with making *cough*only*cough* $400-$500 for three days of sitting on your ass and playing gameboy, or PSP, or whatever? Unless you have a $15hr+ job, that's more than you'll make in 3 days of WoRkInG.

Me, I just strolled in about 15 minutes befor the thing went on sale, and walked out with the last one. Ended on auction ytwo days ago, and I walked away with $1000 Profit. If I had been thinking, I would have went to the next town over and picked up another one to drop on ebay. Oh well, you win some, you loose some.

No, I will NOT buy a PS3 for myself, untill it drops a few HUNDRED in price. Afording it isn't a problem, but paying the price for a Good middle to high end PC, for a meer game machine, isn't what I'd call smart.

If I was going to wait for 3 days, however, I'd do it like this. Tell the boss I need a week off (a few months in advance, they won't know what it's for, and can't deny it most likely) And then I set in line for three days, makeing money from my job (most, even shitty jobs pay for vacation time) and top it off with the profit of the system sale. It's a win win situation, any way you look at it.

The few idiots that said $400 doesn't matter, are either A) Rich, and don't need to wory about money (in which case, I envy you) or B) pissed that they didn't get one to sell, so they try to badmouth the people that got lucky and got one, or two. :P

Edited by Video

Nice to see the economics are coming into play here... flood the Ebay 'market' with PS3's and the price begins to plummet. Perhaps there will be some people returning the systems as they can't sell it and the only people who are happy are Ebay as they got their fees. LOL!

I had a feeling that I shouldn't bother with a resell of any of the new systems this year.

And the best part is... no camping in the cold Canadian weather for me!

Now I'll just wait until after Christmas or in the spring and get one in a special retail package when you get a free game with the system. :)

(On a side note, I'm considering grabbing the latest 360 bundle... 360 with GRAW and the Arcade Bundle plus they add Gears and Ridge Racer all for the price of the Premium Bundle!)