IGNORED

does anyone here on the board got all 2600 homebrews?

thomasholzer

The short answer is no.

I blew it and did not get more stuff from Hozer Vidio Games a few years back.I am always outbid on ebay, so I figure it will be next to impossible to finish this collection.

I am only missing the first x-mass cart from Atari Age.

I have not gotten all the hacks that have been offered in the AA forums, but that's another topic....

I have not gotten all the hacks that have been offered in the AA forums, but that's another topic....

You mean cause 75 percent of them are total shit 5 min HOM no brainers? It's sad but it's true. :lol:

But more on topic I don't have all the homebrews but I do have Edtris, Gunfight, Reindeer Rescue & Conquest Of Mars, Bobby Is Hungry and a couple others.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I am very close to it but no cigar.

What ones you still missing Jose?

I would have to see my excel spreadsheet. But, as I found out today, my spreadsheet has a loading error and I am going to have reconstruct my acquisitions from December 2005 to now...unless anybody knows how to rescue an excel file...I have tried some recovery software but haven't been able to get it to work. :(

I blew it and did not get more stuff from Hozer Vidio Games a few years back.I am always outbid on ebay, so I figure it will be next to impossible to finish this collection.

Hozer still makes stuff man, all you have to do is contact him. He just doesn't advertise anymore.

you know the contact info?

Hozer still makes stuff man, all you have to do is contact him. He just doesn't advertise anymore.

you know the contact info?

Here you go, all I did was google Hozer

http://webpages.charter.net/hozervideo/

Please don't buy any homebrews from Hozer. He is most likely not allowed to sell them (definitely not mine and a few others) and doesn't pay any royalties to the homebrew authors, stealing their work. For more info check this.

Thanks for supporting the homebrew authors!

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

You mean cause 75 percent of them are total shit 5 min HOM no brainers? It's sad but it's true. :lol:

I think the distinction would have to be made between hackbrews and hacks here. I think PacMan Plus' PacMan 7800 hack should count as a full fledged new game for the system (I know we're talking about the 2600, it was an example). However, I'm not sure if it was ever offered in the AA store, which is what I guess the original poster was interested in (i.e. games released in large, by homebrew standards, circulation, and available for a substantial period of time).

By the way: Thomas Jentzsch, when did you change your sig? I changed my custom status between when Atari went to that last convention and when Curt started talking about a possible Flash Back 2 portable (the FB 2 certainly didn't hurt either). I figure we should show them the kind of response they get when they don't act shitty.

Edited by Atarifever

I think PacMan Plus' PacMan 7800 hack should count as a full fledged new game for the system (I know we're talking about the 2600, it was an example). However, I'm not sure if it was ever offered in the AA store, which is what I guess the original poster was interested in (i.e. games released in large, by homebrew standards, circulation, and available for a substantial period of time).

No, not yet.. :ponder:

..Al

By the way: Thomas Jentzsch, when did you change your sig?

I think he changed it earlier this year around march when Atari got a delisting warning from NASDAQ. Unfortunately celebrating a little too early, it seems they're recovering :sad:

Oh, so his isn't a compliment like mine then. :(

I really don't know what there is to be opposed to with them at this point. The FB2 was awesome, and they have even sent people to stand in the same booth that's selling homebrews and do a give away. What do you want in charge of the Atari name? Sony? I mean, certainly it isn't a name that isn't going to be bought by someone if Infotari fails.

Edited by Atarifever

Please don't buy any homebrews from Hozer. He is most likely not allowed to sell them (definitely not mine and a few others) and doesn't pay any royalties to the homebrew authors, stealing their work. For more info check this.

Thanks for supporting the homebrew authors!

Sorry dude, I didn't know it was still an issue. I thought he was doing it legit now otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Feel free to edit my post and delete the link if it's causing any problems. :)

Oh, so his isn't a compliment like mine then. :(

I really don't know what there is to be opposed to with them at this point. The FB2 was awesome, and they have even sent people to stand in the same booth that's selling homebrews and do a give away.

FB2 could have been sooo much better, if Atari would have acted just a little more "flexible". I can't go into details here, but (no only) I was unable to make any fair agreement with them.

And then we are still waiting for a PAL version... :(

What do you want in charge of the Atari name? Sony? I mean, certainly it isn't a name that isn't going to be bought by someone if Infotari fails.

I don't know. But just because there is someone who sucks even more, doesn't make anything any better.

BTW: I haven't checked my sig lately, because I switched all sigs off. :)

Sorry dude, I didn't know it was still an issue. I thought he was doing it legit now otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. Feel free to edit my post and delete the link if it's causing any problems. :)

No problem. I won't censor anybody. Everybody should be able to decide for himself.

I forbid Hozer once and forever to sell any stuff from me (for very good reason) and I know he is constanly ignoring my request. So nothing has been sorted out and knowing Randy's character, I doubt this will ever change.

What do you want in charge of the Atari name? Sony? I mean, certainly it isn't a name that isn't going to be bought by someone if Infotari fails.

I don't know. But just because there is someone who sucks even more, doesn't make anything any better.

BTW: I haven't checked my sig lately, because I switched all sigs off. :)

To be ridiculus for a minute: I'd rather have a somewhat poor driver driving my car than a monkey when doing 100 on the highway. So yes, bad can still be better. Sorry you had issues with them, but if someone like Sony or EA were in charge, it could get a lot worse.

To be ridiculus for a minute: I'd rather have a somewhat poor driver driving my car than a monkey when doing 100 on the highway. So yes, bad can still be better. Sorry you had issues with them, but if someone like Sony or EA were in charge, it could get a lot worse.

That's almost like saying: "Having haemorrhoids isn't bad. Imagine having cancer!" :)

That's almost like saying: "Having haemorrhoids isn't bad. Imagine having cancer!" :)

Yeah, but it's still clear which you should prefer. :)

Hasbro = haemorrhoids

Hasbro = haemorrhoids

No Hasbro = coma patient. They were willing to settle for a slow, drawn out death without making any noise.