IGNORED

does anyone here on the board got all 2600 homebrews?

thomasholzer

afaik, i have all the homebrew carts that have been available (unless there are some strange 'only one made' etc. type things I'm unaware of,) including edtris and okie dokie up to the limited aztec. also have all the reproductions I am aware of (again, here, I'm -sure- there were some local-only repros im missing,) like bugs bunny, snow white, etc.

dont have stella sketch, tho.

Certainly not all, but I have about thirty at this point (usually two or three for xmas or b-days). They are some of my most played titles.

The homebrews are really high quality stuff. Often, they are better than Activision or Imagic titles. I've said it before, but there are more new games being released *now* than there were by Atari back in the day!

All hail the second golden age of the VCS! Now, I just have to wait for xmas and the 'nonexistent' xmas cart, and hope for Lady Bug, Caverns of Mars, and Medieval Mayhem...

I am interested in this "Edtris".

Has it ever been for sale in the AA Store?

WP

Ed never sold it threw AA he sold it himself with the cart being made by Randy at Hozer. Don't get fooled either when someone offers you one as there is only 50 REAL copies of Edtris. The rest are re-prints Randy keeps making. Something along the same tune TJ is humming. Randy is a real class act when it comes to authors wishes. So if you get an edtris and the serial number is over 50 or doesn't even have an on screen number than it's a reproduction. I also know anthor way to tell 100 percent if it's real or not but if you want to know that you will have to send me a pic of the Edtris cart you have (insides and out).

Makes me wonder now if the copy of Edtris I have is "genuine" then, considering I bought it from another collector. Haven't plugged it into a 2600 in a while, but it does have a sticker on the back saying 217. That must be a lot of copies perhaps made.

@Godzilla - got Tetris 2600? got Qb SE in the wooden box? got Venture 2 in the Treasure Chest? Thought I'd throw out some random hard to find ones to see if you had them :)

Makes me wonder now if the copy of Edtris I have is "genuine" then, considering I bought it from another collector. Haven't plugged it into a 2600 in a while, but it does have a sticker on the back saying 217. That must be a lot of copies perhaps made.

@Godzilla - got Tetris 2600? got Qb SE in the wooden box? got Venture 2 in the Treasure Chest? Thought I'd throw out some random hard to find ones to see if you had them :)

Yep, sounds about right. I bet it is #217 or repro #167 if you please. I myself own #41 of 50.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

well, thankfully the non-wooden chest venture II is the same game, so I'm safe there :-) but, yea, don't have the wooden chest variant :-P DO have QB in the handmade wooden chest, and the jah fish fiasco edition of thrust and the metal tin marble craze and the tshirt joust pong just to name a few.

refresh my memory on tetris 2600...

well, thankfully the non-wooden chest venture II is the same game, so I'm safe there :-) but, yea, don't have the wooden chest variant :-P DO have QB in the handmade wooden chest, and the jah fish fiasco edition of thrust and the metal tin marble craze and the tshirt joust pong just to name a few.

Jah Fish Fiasco Edition :D :D That is funny.

He was the feller who had Gilligan's hat for an avatar and promised a bunch of games which were not delivered.

WP

Written by Colin Hughes:

tetris2600.gif

But I bet you don't have this homebrew though...

atari_brick.jpg

;)

I think my wooden chest came from Andrew Davie, even managed to beat Marco to it (ergo folks, yes he is human!). That was about $200 if I recall. Qb SE I think I got at one of the CGE auctions. My Thrust I believe is a Jah Fish production, have to go check that. Before everything went awry with him, I believe that's where I got my 7800 high score cart signed by Curt from. I got Marble Craze in the metal tin cos Paul Slocum found me when he was trying to sell the last one off at CGE and I took it heh. Sadly the cart had a fault, but he was great in replacing it quickly :)

Hmm what else have I got sitting about here? Warring Worms in the grenade pouch, think it was a PhillyClassic release. Ditto numbered Okie Dokie. Special Edition Mental Kombat, but that's only just sold out now. Though speaking of Simon Q, I do have both of his demo carts he was selling at Eurocon 2004 and 2005.

the jah fish fiasco edition is in a huge box with the quickjoy controller in it.

LOL brick!

didn't know about that tetris homebrew being produced, I was aware of the 'game/rom image'. when/where did it come from? I've always tried to stay on top of 2600 as much as possible... Or was it just a case of someone burning some carts of the rom?

Edited by Godzilla

I think my wooden chest came from Andrew Davie, even managed to beat Marco to it (ergo folks, yes he is human!). That was about $200 if I recall. Qb SE I think I got at one of the CGE auctions.

I kind of regret selling that, but I was really scrapped for cash at the time, and it did bring a good price. I regret selling it because I bought it for what it was, not what I could resell it for. I still have QB SE #1, though... it could be prised out of my hands ;)

Cheers

A

the jah fish fiasco edition is in a huge box with the quickjoy controller in it.

LOL brick!

didn't know about that tetris homebrew being produced, I was aware of the 'game/rom image'. when/where did it come from? I've always tried to stay on top of 2600 as much as possible... Or was it just a case of someone burning some carts of the rom?

Ah yes I remember the combined game/controller thingy... I didn't order that cos I already had the controller here (a product of a huge C64 buyout several years earlier). I'm still sure my Thrust is a Fish production in some way but I'd have to go check to confirm.

As for Tetris 2600, this is the copy of the game I have...

306534050_09ee827da0.jpg

Now who made the cartridges I wonder? And given I have #18, it must mean there's at least another 17 out there...

Well, Nintendo owns the right to Tetris in USA/Canada and IIRC Bullet Proof Software still owns them in Europe. Anyone trying to sell Tetris in North America or Europe would get their butt sued off.

That's probably why those games aren't being made anymore, they sold a few and got a C&D letter from the right owners.

Nobody's collection is complete without my Red Box/Blue Box touch-tone dialer! I only made ten (though I guess my personal proto which I never updated with the last bug fix counts as an eleventh) and I still have a few left!

FWIW, I'm pretty sure Wonder007 got one a couple of months ago, so at least he's getting there... :-)

Well, Nintendo owns the right to Tetris in USA/Canada and IIRC Bullet Proof Software still owns them in Europe. Anyone trying to sell Tetris in North America or Europe would get their butt sued off.

That's probably why those games aren't being made anymore, they sold a few and got a C&D letter from the right owners.

I believe that they own only the NAME Tetris not the actually gameplay.

I believe Edtris could be sold again since it has a different name and doesn't look exactly like Tetris.

Time shall tell.

WP