IGNORED

Missing 5200 XL Conversions

tjlazer

I have searched and cannot find the following BIN's, anyone have a link or can zip them up for me? THx!

Atlantis (XL Conversion)

Attack of the Mutant Camels (XL Conversion)

COSMI 2-in-1 (XL Conversion)

Claim Jumper (XL Conversion)

Demon Attack (XL Conversion)

Desmonds Dungeon (XL Conversion)

Diamond Mine (XL Conversion)

Fast Eddie (XL Conversion)

Jawbreaker (XL Conversion)

K-Star Patrol (XL Conversion)

Mr Cool (XL Conversion)

Pastfinder (XL Conversion)

Shamus (XL Conversion)

Turmoil (XL Conversion)

Worm War I (XL Conversion)

These were all done by Classics. He's only released these on his non-programmable Multicarts. It's up to him if he wants to release them.

True, except for COSMI 2-in-1 which was converted by kenfused and can be found here.

Opps. Yup. Thanks,

We just need a label for it but some very talented label maker. :ponder:

Allan

• 2 years later...

Do you think these roms will ever be released by Classics? Now the only option is to buy an old multicart for $150 just to have these conversions. I would gladly pay for a small multicart with just these games on it if CPUWIZ or others made it.

Recently I actually purchased an atarimax/classics USB cart, then discovered that not all conversions were available. I sent him an email inquiring about them. He seemed to think most of the roms were released, as if he didn't realize many were not, or no longer found on the forum. I asked if he could provide them the other day, but haven't heard back yet. I actually had no problem paying for the USB multicart, as it is USB and all, but if I had the choice, I'd be better off with the fixed multicart that had all the games.

Actually, the list, in my searches, includes all of these XL Conversions present on the multicart, but no rom to find:

Atlantis, Attack of the Mutant Camels, Batty Builders, Chicken, Claim Jumper, Clowns & Balloons, Crossfire, Demon Attack, Desmonds Dungeon, Diamond Mine, Fast Eddie, Ixion, Jawbreaker, K-Star Patrol, Mr Cool, O'Riley's Mine, Pacific Coast Hwy, Pastfinder, Shamus, Turmoil, and Worm War I.

Edited by Greg2600

• 2 weeks later...

its kind of an odd predicament

does "classics" own the rights to the games they are selling

it is a bit like taking a 2 liter bottle of coke adding some sugar and seling it as coke +

then if someone buys one of the coke + and then just buys a bunch of cokes and adds the sugar and gives them to all their friends

i admire the efforts of the convertors and heck if they ever made rampage work on the 5200 i would buy that cart

but it does seem like the person may be selling things they have no right to sell and thusly woudl not have clean hands to complain about someone stealing their stolen work

converting games to use the 5200 control scheme is not easy and they deserve all the accolades possible by the 5200 community

Believe me. Steve takes all the steps necessary in these situations. His work is top notch like only a couple others around. I am just glad there are still guys like this who give life to an otherewise dead system to most collectors. The multicart is awesome and I personnaly suggest everyone get one and load the roms they want. Maybe you could work something out with Steve if you take in some of his nice work on his site. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Believe me. Steve takes all the steps necessary in these situations. His work is top notch like only a couple others around. I am just glad there are still guys like this who give life to an otherewise dead system to most collectors. The multicart is awesome and I personnaly suggest everyone get one and load the roms they want. Maybe you could work something out with Steve if you take in some of his nice work on his site. ;)

I don't think the 5200 is dead. It's as alive as ever, like the 7800, with new games coming out and hard working programmers who make nothing busting their ass to put out great new games, and if people bitch about the controls, they need to be explained to that it's like house rules. The 5200 is fun, and moving that joystick around is half the originality of the 5200. Hilarious. So you have to deal with your joystick, cuz so does the other guy. Anyhoo, shit yeah, somebody release those ROMS. I have the programmable multi-cart, but those games were never available (mentioned previously) - and I want to play them shits. I'll donate to the cause, whatever it takes, I highly doubt they will make cartridges of them all.

Thanks,

Elephant Butthair Sandwich

I believe I made a post a while back about a 5200 flashback system. The problem there is whether or not the hardware can be reduced to something like the 2600 on a chip. We are talking about a lot of silicon inside of that black beast. The other issue is that there were not as many Atari Originals on that machine as the 2600 or the 7800. A lot of those games were licensed games.

However, IF a 5200 flashback was developed, I would like to see some nice, self centering controllers designed, that would be compatible with the original system.

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday, How about I make a comment about how imo, you need to rethink your posting strategy and not whine about how no one bothered to give in to your trolling and attention seeking? So, please don't do it again and knock it off. Thanks.

Now, back on topic...

There are many talented infdividuals dedicating their time to keeping systems alive. I don't have a USB multicart, just the menu driven one, but it sounds really cool. Definitely something to add to my wish list.