IGNORED

-=Virtual Console Game List=-

-^CrossBow^-

I finally spent some of my points.

I snagged Comix Zone

I'm thinking about getting that one. is is worth it?

I played it for about 5 minutes.

It was pretty cool graphics wise, altho control kinda sucked playing with the Wii-mote turned sideways.

I plan on trying it again with the Gamecube controller.

You kinda move from comic panel to comic panel and get out of some sticky situations or solve a puzzle using items you pick up in each panel. Might have to fight a bad guy, might have to rescue someone, might have to get past a trap. It's very well done.

As far as was it worth it? Depends on how you look at it, It was like $8 to be able to play it for the life of my Wii...on my Wii.

You can pic up the actual game cart BIN for 1.99 off eBay and play it on any Genesis forever.

Personally I think these games are a bit overpriced, but I had a free points card and figured, I have to use it sooner or later. I guess it's worth it if you don't have a Genesis, think hooking up a Genesis is too taxing, are 100% out of space at you house, or have a Wii points card already that you got free. Otherwise you can definately pick up the game cheaper. Still, It would have been worse to have paid $8 for a virtual game that sucked ass (Another thing that kinda irks me, you can't try before you buy), and this definately does not suck ass.

Comix Zone is a great game, although I haven't bought it yet, I plan too.

Shep!

I love you're avatar!

The fact Reboot wasn't a much bigger hit is a massive loss!

I gave away all 39 shows I taped on vhs years ago.. sooo sad!

If the show was more popular just imagine playing Reboot on a next gen system!

Sorry for the off topic post you guys!

-rick

Hate to say it...but I might be in the minority on this one, I think Gain Ground pretty much sucks...

I have been trying to understand why so many people were excited to see this title get released? If I really want this one, I will pick it up loose for about 2 - 4$ at one of the local shops here.

Hate to say it...but I might be in the minority on this one, I think Gain Ground pretty much sucks...

I didn't have it back in he day, but I played it briefly on the Genesis Collection for ps2 and I didn't like it either. It seemed like an extremely slow, sloppy, single-screen-at-a-time Gauntlet. Granted, I didn't give it a lot of time, but I wouldn't pay $8 unless I was already a fan of it.

Comix Zone is an awesome game, but it's brutally hard due to some difficult jumps and it's one-life-and-you're-dead-restart-the-game system. But it's still a very cool and unique brawler. It's also on the PS2 Genesis collection, where you get three real save states which makes it a lot easier. =)

Yeah - good stuff this week, 3 solid titles. I have to admit I'm sort of surprised at the lack of RPG's on the VC so far. I'm not a huge fan of the genre as it stands now, but I loved the classic 2D ones. I would think it would be a great way to pull in some console sales (like they need help doing that!) if you could land all the Square/Enix SNES games and the Phantasy Star series in one place.

I'm not a huge fan of the genre as it stands now, but I loved the classic 2D ones.

Yeah ditto. The thing too is that a lot of old RPGs are quite expensive, so the VC is a much more viable option than seeking out carts. I thought I did hear about Sega bringing Sword of Vermilion, but I don't recall liking that all too much. Oh and isn't Nintendo bringing in Mario RPG?

I'd really like to see the Dragon Warrior games made available though. The FF and Phantasy Star stuff is largely available on GBA, so I have it already.

I'm sure we'll see Mario RPG at some point, given how hard it is to find now especially. I'd assume we'll see the original Paper Mario as well sometime with Super Pario Mario coming out in April.

Personally, I'd love to see the Genesis version of Might & Magic at some point as it was one of my favorite games of alltime.

I don't think we'll see the Final Fantasy games for a bit, like you said they're on the GBA right now and I'm sure they don't want to hurt those sales. However, there are quite a few RPG's from the SNES days that haven't been rereleased that cost a pretty penny in the aftermarket that I'm sure people would buy on the VC.

As of right now the SHMUP and platforming genres are very well covered, but it would seem like RPGs are a place that some improvements could be made. Oh, and they need to release Popeye and Super Spike Vball.

Is it just me or is Capcom strangely absent from the VC scene? Street Fighter II is really nice and there's Super Ghouls and Ghosts on the release horizon, but I would expect Capcom to be all over the VC with their NES games: Bionic Commando, Little Nemo, 1942, 1943, Commando, Gargoyle's Quest 2, Legendary Wings... Perhaps even their lesser-known titles like Trojan, Section Z or Codename Viper... and of course there's the Mega Man series. Some of their Disney licenses would be great on the VC, like Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Talespin. It just seems like a wasted opportunity on Capcom's part.

Yeah - good stuff this week, 3 solid titles. I have to admit I'm sort of surprised at the lack of RPG's on the VC so far. I'm not a huge fan of the genre as it stands now, but I loved the classic 2D ones. I would think it would be a great way to pull in some console sales

Now you're talking. What would be double, triple cool would be if they made available RPGs that were only released in Japan translated into english, so we could play them. Now that I would buy into.

Edited by moycon

Yeah - good stuff this week, 3 solid titles. I have to admit I'm sort of surprised at the lack of RPG's on the VC so far. I'm not a huge fan of the genre as it stands now, but I loved the classic 2D ones. I would think it would be a great way to pull in some console sales

Now you're talking. What would be double, triple cool would be if they made available RPGs that were only released in Japan translated into english, so we could play them. Now that I would buy into.

I found it pretty disappointing. A few NES third stringers. Yawn. To top it off, XBox Live Arcade has been pretty lame too. (I've never been a fan of Tapper or Paperboy)

Now, if some of those RPGs we never saw over here made the jump, that would be cool. However, I'm of the increasing opinion it won't happen. I doubt Square/Enix would really do any of their old games as $5 and $8 downloads when they're currently still able to chuck them out as $35 GBA games. And considering Nintendo's historical track record with the RPG genre, I sincerely doubt that they'd even consider anything other than the largest and most well proven of the the Square/Enix catalog.

We'll definitely see Phantasy Star 2-4 and Shining Force 1. Beyond that. I'm not holding my breath.

atarijr thinks.. Kirby, Ice Climbers, and Kid Ic bad games.... wonders what games Gabriel actually LIKES as those are some of the most fun NES games in my collection....

on a less sarcastic note: seroiusly.. you hate a lot.. in fact i really dont remember you saying many compliments really about anything... why do you play games? im assuming with the yugioh icon your a fairly new gamer, but to many of us , the NES was the start of our gaming crazes.. titles like this mean a lot to people. its no suprise that they came out.. esp with those characters now all in ssb brawl.

Edited by AtariJr

That is silly. There's nothing wrong with Kirby's Adventure, although it is dated when compared to its sequels on the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance. Still, back in 1993 it ranked up there as one of the all-time best NES games.

Kid Icarus on the other hand is a love it or hate it kind of game (and I don't love it) and Ice Climber is a little too simplistic when you consider its high price tag. Nintendo should have offered a 16-bit game this week to give players the the depth that the other games lacked.

JR

im assuming with the yugioh icon your a fairly new gamer, but to many of us , the NES was the start of our gaming crazes.

My avatar is Kain Blueriver from an anime series called Lost Universe, because I've enjoyed anime in general ever since the days of Star Blazers. I've recently thought of changing it to a neat picture of Charles Bronson I found. My gaming start was on the Atari 2600 back in 1981 when I was 11 years old. Not that it really means anything, but it will straighten out your misconceptions.

As for your other complaint, that I "hate everything", I just am not as prone to set everything on a pedestal and praise it to the moon for medicrity. Many times even when I like something I mention several things which irritate me about it.

Kid Icarus on the other hand is a love it or hate it kind of game (and I don't love it) and Ice Climber is a little too simplistic when you consider its high price tag. Nintendo should have offered a 16-bit game this week to give players the the depth that the other games lacked.

See? We agree on this.

You know, I never even knew about Ice Climber until I played the Smash Bros game on the GameCube. It's definitely not even remotely a classic in my eyes.

My comment was meant to say that this past week was disappointing, but, there's always next week to hope for some RPGs, shooters, or scrolling brawlers.