IGNORED

First 2600 game for my Girlfriend?

liquid_sky

Hello everyone! My girlfriend has finally decided to 'try that old thing out' this weekend. Hey, get your minds out of the gutter! Anyhow, what games would you reccomend to be her first taste of the system? I was thinking Frogs and Flies for our first 2 player game, but what one player game still amazes you? I have one in mind too but you guys know the system much better than I do!

I've always noticed that certain games seem to appeal to women.

One is Centipede. I don't know why, but girls like this game. Other ones which I've seen appeal to multiple females: Frogger, Fishing Derby and Circus Atari. Girls also like those puzzly games so Strat-O-Gems would be a good homebrew option.

But seriously, chicks dig Centipede.

One is Centipede. I don't know why, but girls like this game. Other ones which I've seen appeal to multiple females: Frogger, Fishing Derby and Circus Atari. Girls also like those puzzly games so Strat-O-Gems would be a good homebrew option.

Don't forget Ms. Pac Man... actually, the VCS version is quite good, much better than her brother's game!

Thanks,

Mike

Centipede was created by a woman, was it not?

There was a thread here a while back (too lazy to find right now) about g-friends' favorites and the overwhelming consensus seemed to be Centipede and Frogger. My wife has graduated from Centipede to Milipede and it's pretty much the one game in the "consensus list" she wants to play.

That said, the only other game she loves is Seaquest.

The existence of Frogger allows me to keep a 2600 hooked up to the TV in my living room. Can't go wrong with that one. Also popular is Rabbit Transit, Edtris (well, she likes Tetris on EVERY system), Glib (only because she likes to make up fake words), and just about anything Pac-Man like. This topic reminds me that I was going to give Quick Step a trial run one day soon. I think it may turn out to be a hit.