IGNORED

Tutankham for TI-99/4A

Toucan

Well, I just purchased Parker Brothers' Tutankham for the TI-99/4A and got it in the mail yesterday. It's very similar to the Colecovision version, and it plays fast and nicely. I'll be putting up some screen shots of this game hopefully this week for people to compare versions. As with the other Parker TI titles (Popeye, Q*Bert, Frogger), this one does not disapoint, so I was happy to get this one to add to my collection. BTW, What is everybody's favorite Tutankham conversion to play?

I must admit I was surprised at how well the TI version looks. Of course alot of TI games look good, but don't play particularly well but I guess Tutankham doesn't have that problem.

I've only ever played the arcade and 2600 versions so I can't really judge. I do have the Coleco, Intellivision, and 8-bit versions (prototype only), but I haven't had a chance to really play with them much.

Tempest

Yep, an Atari joystick adapter is an essential device. I was bought one right after I got my TI (along with Spider Invasion by Cosmi :) ) and never had the desire to use TI's wired controllers at any point afterwards.

I've only played Tutankham on the 2600, and it was so freakin' ugly I couldn't tell what I was supposed to do. That put me off playing any other version of the game. I guess I need to rethink that.