IGNORED

NW Austin, TX FREE period TV for pickup

Mezrabad

post-1571-1165000496_thumb.jpg

Here it lies dormant. Worship its woodgrain.

post-1571-1165000560_thumb.jpg

Here it is in action with a Hanimex Adversary, if I recall correctly.

What I have is a Sylvania Solid State GT-matic COLOR TV. Free if you want to come get it. Any videogame systems hooked up to it in the pictures are not being offered for free, fyi.

How big is it?

Not sure. Here is a picture of it with an Odyssey 400 for size reference.

post-1571-1165000729_thumb.jpg

Cosmetically, it's in great shape. Functionally, it only takes an RF Signal. This, for the most part, works fine, though there is the usual "noise" one expects with an RF signal. YMMV.

Free for the first person who wants it, provided they can come to or live in/near Austin TX to get it.

Also, does anyone know of an online community that I could join to try to give something like this away? Something like Craigslist but mostly free stuff? I know I've seen it discussed, but I can't find it in the forums so I'd appreciate a point-to. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mezrabad

Also, does anyone know of an online community that I could join to try to give something like this away? Something like Craigslist but mostly free stuff? I know I've seen it discussed, but I can't find it in the forums so I'd appreciate a point-to. Thanks in advance.

Craigslist does have a "Free stuff" category in the classifieds. I've used it before and have gotten swarmed with responses. :)

..Al

Hello. This is my first post but I've been lurking for some time. I finally took the time to register yesterday. I'm in Austin and I'll take this nice piece of retro goodness off your hands. What time this weekend will it be available for pickup? I'm in north central Austin.

Edited by 80s_gamer

FYI for everyone, 80s_gamer should be taking it off my hands later today. Thanks for everyone's help, especially with directing me to freecycle.org.

Thats great. I had picked up a TV from Bruce Tomlin. He is in Austin too. Its funny that everyone in Austin seems to be dumping their old TVs. The only reason I picked it up was because it was a Sony PAL tv and I was there for something else. Otherwise the gas would not have been worth it.

Thats great. I had picked up a TV from Bruce Tomlin. He is in Austin too. Its funny that everyone in Austin seems to be dumping their old TVs. The only reason I picked it up was because it was a Sony PAL tv and I was there for something else. Otherwise the gas would not have been worth it.

Actually it may just be the folks in Austin that live on our street (Bruce Tomlin lives up the street from me). Maybe it's something in our water.