IGNORED

Collection value?

Dusk2600

i mean just 2600 but thanks :)

Your Atari 2600 collection loose is about $800 on Ebay. I remember seeing an auction similar to your collection where there were 310 different games and it went for $710

Oh, and by the way, if you want to get a better estimate of what your collection is worth there are 2 different auctions on ebay ending tommorow. One where the guy is claiming 391 different games but in actuality it's 301. And another where the person is claiming 463 different games and in actuality it is 250. The funny thing is the 391 game auction is actually the one that should be a higher price than the 463 game auction.

391 game auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boxed-Atari-2600-391-G...1QQcmdZViewItem

463 game auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/463-Games-for-Atari-26...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by homerwannabee

It totally depends on how much someone wants a particular game at the time you decide to sell them. Prices have dropped a lot since 2001 when I first discovered Ebay but some people will bid silly prices for a game that they need to complete their collections ;)

It totally depends on how much someone wants a particular game at the time you decide to sell them. Prices have dropped a lot since 2001 when I first discovered Ebay but some people will bid silly prices for a game that they need to complete their collections ;)

Hey we're still out there! It's just that less and less games come up that we need. :sad: :ponder: :D

Hey we're still out there! It's just that less and less games come up that we need. :sad: :ponder: :D

Very true ;)

All I have to say about the one auction that just ended is wow. That seller just got publicly screwed out of his collection. Tell me how on earth does 301 different games 55 of which are boxed go for $455? Even with shipping it is $580.

Here is some of the stuff the lucky buyer got

1. King Kong boxed

2. James Bond Boxed

3 Artillery Duel/Spike's Peak Boxed

4. Pitfall II Boxed

5. Tunnel Runner Boxed

6. Star Wars RTJ Boxed

7. Mario Bros Boxed

Plus 48 more boxed games

Loose game

8. Chase the Chuck Wagon

9. Frankensteins Monster

10. Miner 2049er

11. Mr Do!

12. Quick Step

13. Spacemaster X-7

14. Spike's Peak/Ghost Manor

15. Artillery Duel/Chuck Norris

Plus 231 more loose games

You could make an argument that the games I just listed are close to the final auction value.

To tell you the truth if I was not broke from buying a ton of Atari 2600 stuff I would of bid on this.

hey dusk.....i LOVE that sign thingie that has all the launch games for NES in them. are those just pics of the games or the actual boxed games....and is that a sign from something else or was it actually used for that purpose?

They are the actual boxes, it was a promotional thingy in the store. my gf got it for me for my b-day a while ago from the paper. :)

All I have to say about the one auction that just ended is wow. That seller just got publicly screwed out of his collection. Tell me how on earth does 301 different games 55 of which are boxed go for $455? Even with shipping it is $580.

Here is some of the stuff the lucky buyer got

1. King Kong boxed

2. James Bond Boxed

3 Artillery Duel/Spike's Peak Boxed

4. Pitfall II Boxed

5. Tunnel Runner Boxed

6. Star Wars RTJ Boxed

7. Mario Bros Boxed

Plus 48 more boxed games

Loose game

8. Chase the Chuck Wagon

9. Frankensteins Monster

10. Miner 2049er

11. Mr Do!

12. Quick Step

13. Spacemaster X-7

14. Spike's Peak/Ghost Manor

15. Artillery Duel/Chuck Norris

Plus 231 more loose games

You could make an argument that the games I just listed are close to the final auction value.

To tell you the truth if I was not broke from buying a ton of Atari 2600 stuff I would of bid on this.

'

you are right, he got raped, thats awful. tons of games and a boxed system, the buyer is 1 lucky SOB

It is so true what you guys are saying. I always get offers for game(s) and "they" always want more than what is going on the market. Usually, I make a counteroffer and I get it. However, when my counteroffers are rejected, 80% of the time they end up getting a lower amount than what I offered. The funny thing is that people are always e-mailing me or pming me with stuff that they have received and then finding out that it was the same stuff offered to me and they got it for lower than what I couteroffered it for. Oh well, the beauty with this hobby (and I have found this out through time) that you eventually get what you want, you just need to be PATIENT!!!!! ;)

Edited by Wonder007

you are right, he got raped, thats awful. tons of games and a boxed system, the buyer is 1 lucky SOB

It happens, take it from experience. I had to sell my NES collection a few years back. 400 games with lots of rarities, a big percentage of which were complete, tons of controllers, three toaster systems (1 NIB), and a top-loading system. I got like $600. I want to know why that kind of deal never happens when i'm buying.

It happens, take it from experience. I had to sell my NES collection a few years back. 400 games with lots of rarities, a big percentage of which were complete, tons of controllers, three toaster systems (1 NIB), and a top-loading system. I got like $600. I want to know why that kind of deal never happens when i'm buying.

man....i hear that........wheres these 'HOLLLLYYY SHITTTT" deals when we're around

Speaking of collection value... I just got a 2600 COPY CART like the one in the 2600 rarity guide. Any idea how much one of those go for? I've never seen an actual price, just that it's "unbelievably rare" (10)

Boxed complete?

Just the copier and cart, plus battery covers. No box or papers