IGNORED

s-video conversion

Bluebass

Does anyone here know how the S-video conversion was done? There was a website that sold conversion kits, but apparently they have quit offering them so you have to buy their upgraded systems. I read a review where the s-video conversion was supposedly more clear than some of the other methods of connecting to a TV.

If I can't do s-video, I'll do the composite output conversion... unless someone knows a better way :?

If I can't do s-video, I'll do the composite output conversion... unless someone knows a better way :?

The composite output mods are basically the same as the S-video mods, you just tie the S-video chroma and luma together (perhaps with a resistor).

There are a couple links in the 2600 FAQ, right here on AtariAge:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/faq/index.htm...=2600#othermods

I'm not so great at soldering, but I was able to do the Ben Heckendorn mod to one of my 4-switchers. It's the simplest of the mods, and is supposed to have the worst video quality... but it's light years ahead of using the RF modulator.

There are also a couple of people on this forum who will do the mod for you, for a reasonable price (or there were... any of you guys still doing this?)

Check the output of the 7805 voltage regulator. If it's low, it may be affecting the video quality and the controller ports. Both fire input needs to be pulled to 5v to be "off" and if it's floating lower than that due to weak voltage regulator, bad pullup resistor, shorted caps, or bad 4050 buffer (if used).

Check the output of the 7805 voltage regulator. If it's low, it may be affecting the video quality and the controller ports. Both fire input needs to be pulled to 5v to be "off" and if it's floating lower than that due to weak voltage regulator, bad pullup resistor, shorted caps, or bad 4050 buffer (if used).

7805 is putting out 5.06V. Is it possible that I discharged a capacitor somewhere, and something else went on it? I accidentally brushed the board and heard a pop. I didn't smell any ozone, and I couldn't visually see any fried parts.