IGNORED

Anyone have TT TOS 3.06US?

tjlazer

Here is the TOS 3.06 US file. I tried it with STeem but couldn't get it to run although I can't get any TOS image over v2.06 to run so I'm prety sure the image is good. It IS the US version as I checked it both with the $ test and a hex editor. Let me know if it is a good dump and how I can get STeem to run it properly

TOSv3.06.zip

Here is the TOS 3.06 US file. I tried it with STeem but couldn't get it to run although I can't get any TOS image over v2.06 to run so I'm prety sure the image is good. It IS the US version as I checked it both with the $ test and a hex editor. Let me know if it is a good dump and how I can get STeem to run it properly

TOSv3.06.zip

Hmmm... now that would be interesting to try.

3.06 was the TOS in the Falcon and this is ported to the TT right?

Found this on TOS versions.

One way to find out which version of TOS you are running is to check out the latest copyright date in the Desk, Information box.

1985: TOS 1.00 (ST/STF) - original ROM version

1986: TOS 1.02 (Mega ST) - blitter support

1989: TOS 1.04 (STF/Mega ST) - coloured atari logo, better disk I/O, many bugfixes, faster.

1990: TOS 1.06 (STE) - STE hardware support

1991: TOS 1.62 (STE) - bugfixed version of above

1990: TOS 2.05 (Mega STE) - new desktop, customizable icons, HD disk support

1991: TOS 2.06 (Mega STE) - bugfixed version of above, support for future hardware.

In addition to these, a Falcon will be running TOS 4.02 or 4.04 and a TT030 will have TOS 3.01, 3.05 or 3.06.

Hehe, I just have a Falcon running 4.01 in front of me. :)

And afaik 4.92 can be installed into Eproms as well.

afaik, 4.92 needs to be hacked before you can do that. I saw some request for a ROM version of 4.92, but don't know if it was ever filled. If you happen to have one, I'd be interested in it though.

And about requests.. someone over at Atari-forum was asking for a 4.01 rom image. So I guess that one is in demand aswell.

Edited by Greenious

TOSv3.06.zip

I just had a quick look at it, and I can say for sure it is a dud.

TT TOS is 512kb. That image is only 256kb.

I did a TOS image with 2 different programs. This one was 256K and the other was 512K. I will upload the other.

EDIT: Here it is.

TOSv3.06US.zip

That one looks much better. Only around 280kb is actually used for code, but it is still more than 256kb. And the 256kb version missed the crc checksum at the end.

From my end, not having a TT to test it on, this one looks legit.

btw, post the program you made this working dump with, maybe Jens can use it to get that TOS 4.01?

One of the programs is listed in the top message of this topic but I will relist it here. I used one of the 2 attached programs but can't remember which at this moment. I will run them this evening and will edit as to which one gave me the 512K image. One of them will also split the image into 2 parts, hi & lo, preparing it for burning to ROM.

tosrip.zip

TOSTools.zip

Edited by Guitarman

TOS Tools does the split.

And TOSRip does the full 512K dump but the TOS Tools looks to only manage dumping and spliting ROM's that are 256K. Correct me if I'm wrong but I dumped the 512K TT rom with TOSRip and renamed it TOS.img. I moved it to the TOS Tools folder and did the split on it but ended up with 2 files of about 131K each.

Edited by Guitarman

Amazing what you can come up with, with a bit of looking around. I found the home of the TOS Patch program (in the TOS Tools attachment earlier in the post). There are actually different versions for the different TOS versions. The full TOS Patch program and associated files are to patch different versions of TOS with stuff from changing icons to color schemes, etc. This is done with the TOSPATCH.TTP file and a file with a .FIL extension to execute the wanted TOS mod. The .FIL file is just a text file with a set of instructions passed on to the TOSPATCH program by dropping the .FIL on top of the TOSPATCH.TTP file. I have attached the different versions I found and they should work with the associated version of TOS. I have stripped everything out except each version of the readrom.fil and the split.fil. Each zip also has the TOSPATCH.TTP file but the one zip, TP298.zip, is the newest version and should work with all the other .fil files.

TP298.zip

TP104V21.zip

TP206V38.zip

TP306V20.zip

TP404V20.zip

Let me know how these work.

Here is a straight ROM copy of the 4 TOS chips in my US TT. Each ROM in a separate file. If these don't work (I never tested them, just popped each out of the TT and copied them incase I ever needed to reburn) let me know and I can write a quick program to dump the TT's ROM space to disk (dont feel like opening the TT again!). If these do work then it would be a simple matter to piece the four together into a working US TOS ROM image.

tos306us.zip

Thanks!!!! Exactly what I needed. I even have some EPROMS, actually a few dozen.

Now I need to try and figure out how to split TOS 1.04 into 6 chips to burn to 27C256:

I can splt in half to odd/even, then split each half in 3. But how to know which is which? L0,L1, L2, etc.

Edited by tjlazer