IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

I've just won,

A scart lead, eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3300569310631?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330056931063&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Shamus, Nuclear Nick, NYC (already have this, but the box looks like it's in better condition), Scooter & Olympic Skier, eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1100635796691?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110063579669&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Boxed Galaxian cart, eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1100635798691?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110063579869&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

And Chimera, eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1100635799681?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110063579968&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Boy the P+P adds up doesn't it? Anyway, I almost won a boxed Mrs Pacman, but someone beat me too it.

I've just won...

That Americana lot was sweet!

Yeah, they're all what I consider great games and what I used to have when I was a kid, except for that Olympic Skier, not that I'm saying it isn't great, just that I've never played that game before. Think I'll check it out on Atarimania.

I was happy with this lot of 8-bit hardware and boxed software:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

I have a decent collection now, so to buy a lot without adding too many duplicates was a pleasant opportunity.

For the below auction, the seller (brian817) only charged me $5 for a well-packed box of 14 items (the items were in separate auctions and included classic boxed games like Axis Assassin, D-Bug, etc.)!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

I keep hoping that one of these days I'll make the time to sell off my duplicates. Maybe over the holidays....

That's a really nice haul you made there. The sealed games would frustrate me though, because I just wouldn't have the heart to open them.

Afraid I would, I figure games are meant to be played.

But I would have a moments silence of respect before hand :cool:

I try to keep my sealed copies sealed, but it *is* kind of a pain having multiple copies of stuff.

Oh, and I was re-reading my above post, and I think I used ambiguous wording. The $5 was for the shipping/handling, which was amazing compared to the shipping some jokers charge (thanks brian817!), and the cost for the 14 items was ~ $80, which I think is also quite good, given that some of the items were pretty rare (Ulysses, Dragon's Eye, Mindshadow, etc.).

I always liked EA manuals and packaging, so I hope the recent winner of the sealed MULE has access to another copy so s/he can look through the material.

Even though some of the Atari 8-bit sale prices seem kind of bizarre to me (relatively obscure stuff going for < $10, and common stuff like the Demo Cartridge selling for > $50), that's part of what makes it so fun, I think. You never know if a given auction will be your lucky day! :)

Last Atari ebay related stuff for me were the carts K-razy Shoot-Out (K-Byte Version)

and Crystal Castles loose (2 Euros :D )

Would have loved the Matterhorn that was sold recently :cool:

I've got K-Razy shoot out, I really don't know what the objective is though as I'm sure you can enter new rooms without killing all the enimies first. What bothers me with this game though is when you die you'll sometimes re-spawn on top of a robot and die again.

Edited by Ross PK

Last Atari ebay related stuff for me were the carts K-razy Shoot-Out (K-Byte Version)

and Crystal Castles loose (2 Euros :D )

Would have loved the Matterhorn that was sold recently :cool:

I've got K-Razy shoot out, I really don't know what the objective is though as I'm sure you can enter new rooms without killing all the enimies first. What bothers me with this game though is when you die you'll sometimes re-spawn on top of a robot and die again.

the objective is to shoot all the robots and go "Krazy" trying to reach the higher levels when they run at you and fire like mad. for the full effect of my youth play Judas Priest, Motorhead or early RUSH as high as your sound system will go while playing.

good luck!

Edited by kevin242

I just got my Americana set today, and man, the games look like they're almost brand new, they still have the price stickers on them which also look new themselves, I've got a feeling that they're 'new old stock'.

Along with them I received Chimera, and Galaxian, I was really surprised with how small the Galaxian box is, I was expecting it to be as big as my Archon one. I think the boxes look a lot better being small.

Edited by Ross PK