IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

I bought and this week received VisiCalc "for Atari 800" (that's what it has on the box).

Call me odd, but even though I have never used Visicalc itself, I think it's cool to own the first spreadsheet program written. It was first sold in 1979. It was written for the Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Commodore PET, and the IBM PC.

:cool:

I bought and this week received VisiCalc "for Atari 800" (that's what it has on the box).

Call me odd, but even though I have never used Visicalc itself, I think it's cool to own the first spreadsheet program written. It was first sold in 1979. It was written for the Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Commodore PET, and the IBM PC.

Cool, I have 2 complete copies of visicalc, I also have boxed copies of Superscript (word processor) B/Graph(statistical Analysis Package), Magniprint II+, 10Print,complete set of Video Title software etc etc etc. Strange fascination with these old Utilities, no idea why :twisted:

I was working for IBM at the time and I got to try VisiCalc on the early PC... what a dog. The Atari version was much faster and cleaner. I remember Basic wasn't anything so great on the PC, either. (it was faster than Atari Baisc, however)

Bob

From eBay for $51.00

ATARI 1200 XL,1050,1027,1010 ALL HOOK-UPS 2 CONTROLLERS

post-6701-1234363847_thumb.jpg post-6701-1234363856_thumb.jpg

Atari 1200 xl keyboard w/ tv hook ups,power cord,and 2 controllers

Also

Atari 1010 cassette system with link cable and power cord

Atari 1027 printer w/power cord and link cable,looks broke

Atari 1050 floppy disc drive w/power cord and link cable

Software

2 Cartridges

Micro Filer W/Original Case And Cover

Basic Computing Language Just Cartridge

15 Floppys

Noteables

Master Diskette 3

Party Ware 2 Discs

Chatterbee

Flight Simulator Ii

Flight Simulator Ii Scenery Disc

Spider Quake

Typing Tutor/Word Invaders

2 Cassettes

Touch Typing In Cassette Case

Seawolf/Gunfight In Original Box W/Leaflets Inside

From eBay for $51.00

I had a max bid of $50 on that and was away from the computer when the auction ended so you snaked it for a buck more... Waaaaah! :(

I'm just trying to get an old Atari back into my life after all these years and I thought it would be fun to make my first a 1200XL. Oh, well... You clearly needed it more than me and there will be others!

Enjoy the loot!

~S

Edited by Ogma

I actually have a set of controllers like that, that I got back in the 80's. I think they're Colecovision controllers but work fine on the Atari.

Yeah, slather those babies up with the magic goo and make 'em white again. What are those controllers? Never saw those before.

Nice haul :) (and some nice de-yellowing candidates by the look of things!)

Yes they will!!! Have my container of 'Retr0Brite' ready to go. I have a 1200XL case of Yorgle's I'm doing also.

I had a max bid of $50 on that and was away from the computer when the auction ended so you snaked it for a buck more... Waaaaah! :(

I'm just trying to get an old Atari back into my life after all these years and I thought it would be fun to make my first a 1200XL. Oh, well... You clearly needed it more than me and there will be others!

Enjoy the loot!

~S

Sorry about that!!! The 1200XL is my favorite so I collected them, depending on the price, and that lot was very reasonable. Now...the one on eBay for 150.00+ dollars...that's another story!!!