IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Complete

Item condition: --

Ended: Jul 13, 201120:00:48 PDT

Bid history: 15 bids

Winning bid: US $12.50

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107118689001?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110711868900&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

!!!VINTIGAGE!!!

and the third auction i lost with an hour :'(

you will be showing pic's of your new Complete Vintagage, correct?

sloopy.

Don't feel too bad. fibrewire outbid me again too :D

Ok, which one of you guys was it? 'fess up!

post-16281-0-62675800-1310328049_thumb.jpg

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2306424615081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230642461508&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I think this thread is a hint of who it was.....

http://www.atariage....14#entry2322114

The Bit 3 Full-View 80 was the first 80 Column card made for the Atari......

Hopefully enough people here have used one, that we can put together a good, centralized source of info for this device.

I envy the Unixcoffee.

Ha, I don't usually read this thread... yeah, it was me. I rarely buy anything these days, but the Bit 3 was something that I've been curious about since I was a kid, and even though I'll have to eat less this month, I'm really happy that I got this device.

Eeeek! Don't Envy me! This is one of the very few "toys" that I've gotten in a long time!

Sorry, to those who lost the auction... in any case, it will be put to good use for programming new stuff, so everyone will benefit. I also plan on documenting the card, with pictures (with the plate off), and doing my part to expand the available knowledge-base for the card, in general.

It came in the mail yesterday, and it tested out OK in my 800, hooked up to the Composite In on my Amiga 1080 monitor. It is VERY clear on the 1080, however the last line (line 24) appears at the edge of the overscan area, at the bottom, and only displays the tops of the characters on that line. Otherwise, the text looks fabulous, including Inverse Characters, and Graphics Characters. It appears as white characters on black, on the 1080 ( fiddling with brightness & contrast yields a nicely usable gray background, as well). I was relieved to find that key-repeat speed was identical, and not slow, in any way. All in all, it's a very cool thing, and it left me with a feeling of elated, peaceful happiness when I was done testing, and powered everything down... In summary, the Bit 3 works as advertised, 30 years ago, and I hope that everyone who was bidding on this one finds one for themselves, at a good price... It's Bitchin' and every 800 owner should get one! Also, be happy that I won the auction, because if there is anyone who will root out all of the various software for it, and put it all in one place for future owners, I definitely fall into that category... so, when you do get your card, there will be everything available, at your fingertips, to put it through it's paces.

I plan on finding a nice, dedicated green-phospher on black monitor, sometime down the road... but, for now, the 1080 does the trick.

So, that's about it... stay tuned for lots of updates & De-mystifications for the Bit 3!

• Like 2

Rhod: C'etait une blague. C'est drole parce que eBay avait aucune image et aucun texte. Je voulais continuer a la blague, j'ai donc encherir sur un objet inconnu.

UNIXcoffee928: My monitor had the same problem, but the video is fantastic. Oh, do you ever sleep? I'm a machine, but you guys are real people. :)

@ fibrewire : lol, ok

tu parles Français ou c'est du google ? :D

Yeah, google is no way to learn French... Conventional wisdom states that it is best to learn French from beautiful women:

Then again, conventional wisdom also states that a beautiful woman, with a pleasant voice, that speaks a language that you don't understand, is the best choice, for the times when she'll inevitably be screaming at you... so, maybe it's best to leave well enough alone, and not learn too much French... ha.

Complete

Item condition: --

Ended: Jul 13, 201120:00:48 PDT

Bid history: 15 bids

Winning bid: US $12.50

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107118689001?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110711868900&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

!!!VINTIGAGE!!!

and the third auction i lost with an hour :'(

you will be showing pic's of your new Complete Vintagage, correct?

sloopy.

Don't feel too bad. fibrewire outbid me again too :D

if I knew it was Fiberwire bidding against me I would have bid it WAYYYYYY up ;-)

I emailed that guy via ebay four times during the auction to try and get additional info, so I'm not really holding my breath that it's anything good!

Looks like fibrewire is getting ready to go in for the kill on MR. TNT, I wonder if it will go over $300?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608155873341?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260815587334&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I was lucky to get Jawbreaker II (Rarity of 9) for under $30...

Jay

I was, but then I changed my mind. I went after something non-atari related...

Also, what is this? An XF-551 BOXED?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8210897

Looks like fibrewire is getting ready to go in for the kill on MR. TNT, I wonder if it will go over $300?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608155873341?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260815587334&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I was lucky to get Jawbreaker II (Rarity of 9) for under $30...

Jay

I was, but then I changed my mind. I went after something non-atari related...

Also, what is this? An XF-551 BOXED?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8210897

yes it is, and i WAS gonna bid on it :'/

sloopy.